This is how to fight the war on terrorism

nice. but i thought we were targeting innocent iraqis over there, especially children? Oh i get it. We're probably loading the schools with c4 so we can blow up all the kids when theyre at school making it eaiser. According to morons like thefiber, that wouldnt be a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

insein said:
nice. but i thought we were targeting innocent iraqis over there, especially children? Oh i get it. We're probably loading the schools with c4 so we can blow up all the kids when theyre at school making it eaiser. According to morons like thefiber, that wouldnt be a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

Thanks superspy for taking the time to read these articles. If you listen to the media and liberals it wouldn't be that hard to believe the observation you made. This is why I'm going to be on the lookout for articles like this. I notice there hasn't been much comment on the good we are doing over there. :confused:

kurtsprincess said:
Thanks superspy for taking the time to read these articles. If you listen to the media and liberals it wouldn't be that hard to believe the observation you made. This is why I'm going to be on the lookout for articles like this. I notice there hasn't been much comment on the good we are doing over there. :confused:

Try to catch the 'Good News From Iraq' or 'Good News From Afghanistan'-I usually post them in War on Terror thread. One of them comes out every two weeks. There is a lot of really Good news, NOT being covered in the way the bad news is.

Ok so let me get this straight, in 1990 the US destroys everything in Iraq, water stations, electricity, telephones system, bridges etc, Iraq rebuilds most of it during the sanctions, you come and destroy everything again, you rebuild 3 schools, a couple of electricity stations using Iraq's oil money, American companies do the projects so the money is coming back to you and you expect to be thanked for rebuilding 2% of what you have destroyed?? in 3 years and that's all that you rebuilt??

Perhaps you didn't hear about the protest the people of Amiriya did a couple of days ago, why? because there was nothing achieved in their city, btw its in southern Iraq and most of its population are sheia, and what did the iraq police have to do against this peaceful demonstration? they fire at them killing 2 and wounding 40.

Theregular said:
Ok so let me get this straight, in 1990 the US destroys everything in Iraq, water stations, electricity, telephones system, bridges etc, Iraq rebuilds most of it during the sanctions, you come and destroy everything again, you rebuild 3 schools, a couple of electricity stations using Iraq's oil money, American companies do the projects so the money is coming back to you and you expect to be thanked for rebuilding 2% of what you have destroyed?? in 3 years and that's all that you rebuilt??

Perhaps you didn't hear about the protest the people of Amiriya did a couple of days ago, why? because there was nothing achieved in their city, btw its in southern Iraq and most of its population are sheia, and what did the iraq police have to do against this peaceful demonstration? they fire at them killing 2 and wounding 40.

Knock, knock, anyone home? We destroyed zippo in Iraq in 1990, to the dismay of many. Pretty much confined to blowing up a few tanks and such by Kuwait/Saudi borders and picking up those that wanted to surrender. It was a mistake then, should have gone onto Baghdad.

Kathianne said:
Knock, knock, anyone home? We destroyed zippo in Iraq in 1990, to the dismay of many. Pretty much confined to blowing up a few tanks and such by Kuwait/Saudi borders and picking up those that wanted to surrender. It was a mistake then, should have gone onto Baghdad.
Excuse me? you didnt bomb the hell out of Baghdad then? true there was no ground forces, but you certainly destroyed everything with air strikes.

Theregular said:
Excuse me? you didnt bomb the hell out of Baghdad then? true there was no ground forces, but you certainly destroyed everything with air strikes.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Gulf-War
Encyclopedia: Gulf War

Updated 2 days 11 hours 16 minutes ago.

Other descriptions of Gulf War
C Company, 1st Battalion, The Staffordshire Regiment, 1st UK Armoured Division
Enlarge
C Company, 1st Battalion, The Staffordshire Regiment, 1st UK Armoured Division

The 1991 Gulf War was a conflict between Iraq and a coalition force of 34 nations mandated by the United Nations and led by the United States. Company C, 1st Battalion, The Staffordshire Regiment, 1st UK Armoured Division live fire training exercise to assault mock village and trench complex, Medics moving to treat simulated casualty. ... Company C, 1st Battalion, The Staffordshire Regiment, 1st UK Armoured Division live fire training exercise to assault mock village and trench complex, Medics moving to treat simulated casualty. ... The United Nations, or UN, is an international organization established in 1945 and now made up of 191 states. ...

The lead up to the war began with the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990, which was met with immediate economic sanctions by the United Nations against Iraq. Hostilities commenced in January 1991, resulting in a decisive victory for the coalition forces, which drove Iraqi forces out of Kuwait with minimal coalition deaths. The main battles were aerial and ground combat within Iraq, Kuwait, and bordering areas of Saudi Arabia. The war did not expand outside the immediate Iraq/Kuwait/Saudi border region, although Iraq fired missiles on Israeli cities.

Perhaps you are talking of the No Fly Zone?

Despite what many think...Baghdad looked much like London or Paris prior to the American invasion...only better. The roads were paved with gold...and electricity and running water were free to the happy people of Iraq. The schools all provided their children with laptop computers. It rained gumdrops from the sky and the temperature was a constant 76 degrees.

Those things you heard...about how Saddam used most of his money NOT for public works but for palaces...complete lies. The fact that numerous places in Baghdad...not to mention the rest of the nation, didn't have running water or electricity that worked 24 hours a day....lies lies lies.

Its good that we can finally know and accept the truth. We destroyed one of the world's most beautiful and advanced cities...all because Bush was embarrassed about choking on a peanut.

Gem said:
Despite what many think...Baghdad looked much like London or Paris prior to the American invasion...only better. The roads were paved with gold...and electricity and running water were free to the happy people of Iraq. The schools all provided their children with laptop computers. It rained gumdrops from the sky and the temperature was a constant 76 degrees.

Those things you heard...about how Saddam used most of his money NOT for public works but for palaces...complete lies. The fact that numerous places in Baghdad...not to mention the rest of the nation, didn't have running water or electricity that worked 24 hours a day....lies lies lies.

Its good that we can finally know and accept the truth. We destroyed one of the world's most beautiful and advanced cities...all because Bush was embarrassed about choking on a peanut.
Hey, is this sarcasm? You know we dont allow that sort of thing around these here parts!

Are you one of Michael Moore's groupies? This stuff sounds like what you would find from one of his bloggers on his website.

Theregular said:

Yes, I expect to be thanked for not only restoring what was lost during battle, but restoring it to a higher standard that it was originally. While I believe we have rebuilt more than 2% in 3 years...........perhaps, if the insurgents stopped destroying what has been rebuilt, or if we were able to assign more people to the rebuilding without them being killed, a larger percentage would be accomplished.

No, I haven't heard about the protest in Amiriya. If you have a source for the Amiriya protests please post. I would like to read about it.

I have read that there are gangs of assassins going around and killing the citizens and are very brazen. Are the protests because the coalition hasn't come in and captured the killers?

Kathianne said:
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Gulf-War

Perhaps you are talking of the No Fly Zone?
hahaha, thats the best joke I've heard in years, no fly zone???? well explain that to the hundreds that died when a cruise missle hit the al amiriya shelter in Baghdad in 1991 killing 403 Iraqi civilians, 142 of whom were children under ten years old, which the US "apologized" for.

More info for you mr "no fly zone"

You guys are a joke, no fly zone, haha, thats why all of the bridges where destroyed in Baghdad right.

Yes, I expect to be thanked for not only restoring what was lost during battle, but restoring it to a higher standard that it was originally. While I believe we have rebuilt more than 2% in 3 years...........perhaps, if the insurgents stopped destroying what has been rebuilt, or if we were able to assign more people to the rebuilding without them being killed, a larger percentage would be accomplished.
I've got news for you, you wont be thanked by the Iraqi's for rebuilding something you destroyed. And I've got more news for you, the insurgents don't destroy ficilities like electrocoty stations etc. those actions are done by special teams like the "scorpions" that the CIA admitted they trained, one of the things they did was blow up electricyt stations and blame it on the iraqi resistance.

No, I haven't heard about the protest in Amiriya. If you have a source for the Amiriya protests please post. I would like to read about it.
Sorry but I didnt find an english source for it, I will searc for one and post it.

I have read that there are gangs of assassins going around and killing the citizens and are very brazen. Are the protests because the coalition hasn't come in and captured the killers?
The protest was against the Iraq and US goverments because they didnt do what they primised to do to bring food electricity and water and jobs.

KP, thanks for those links. Im using them to post elsewhere and piss off a lot of LIbs.

Theregular said:
hahaha, thats the best joke I've heard in years, no fly zone???? well explain that to the hundreds that died when a cruise missle hit the al amiriya shelter in Baghdad in 1991 killing 403 Iraqi civilians, 142 of whom were children under ten years old, which the US "apologized" for.

More info for you mr "no fly zone"

You guys are a joke, no fly zone, haha, thats why all of the bridges where destroyed in Baghdad right.

I've got news for you, you wont be thanked by the Iraqi's for rebuilding something you destroyed. And I've got more news for you, the insurgents don't destroy ficilities like electrocoty stations etc. those actions are done by special teams like the "scorpions" that the CIA admitted they trained, one of the things they did was blow up electricyt stations and blame it on the iraqi resistance.

Sorry but I didnt find an english source for it, I will searc for one and post it.

The protest was against the Iraq and US goverments because they didnt do what they primised to do to bring food electricity and water and jobs.

What's obvious to me is that during the first Gulf War, I missed once.

Forum List

Back