This is how the ACA was created: To say it was easy it wasn't.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
its time the GOP quit fighting it and start to accept it and help make it better. The GOP is only after the tax cut for the wealthy.

President Obama discuss the ACA at Blair House in Washington, DC.

“Now is the time when Republicans have to go ahead and show their cards,” he said. “If in fact they have a program that would genuinely work better, and they want to call it whatever they want — they can call it Trumpcare or McConnellcare or Ryancare — if it actually works, I will be the first one to say, ‘Great; you should have told me that in 2009. I asked.’”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-lessons-of-obamacare/ar-AAondCK?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartandhp

get rid of the mandate and anything to shut the healthcare beggars up is ok with me Penny !!

If the Koch brothers are fighting for it to be 100% gone...well that shows you the corruption..

Seriously why do the dumb ass Koch brothers care..gezzz?

They are rich and save big bucks on tax, but do they really notice, I doubt it. Has it made their style of living different, no. They just hate taxes and want limited gov involvement.

get rid of the mandate and anything to shut the healthcare beggars up is ok with me Penny !!

Well if the GOP have their way, you best get insurance before you get a condition. It will go back tot he way it was, and it was not good.

Well if the GOP have their way, you best get insurance before you get a condition. It will go back tot he way it was, and it was not good.
--------------------------------------------- it was good , excellent in fact for ALL my 68 years . First i remember was beggars begging for 'hilary care' many years back and i wasn't one of those beggars Penny !!

Trump has said all along the two components of ACA he wants to preserve are pre-existing conditions and keeping children under family plans until they are 26.

The fundamental problem that Liberals ignore is the AFFORDABLE Care Act doesn't address costs. Isn't that bizarre? The ACA resulted in an enormous healthcare expansion to uncovered people. OK that's great except for one thing. At the same time millions got government subsidized health insurance, the premiums skyrocketed. That is not a sustainable formula. The ACA should have been named the 'Unaffordable Healthcare Expansion'. Trump is replacing the ACA because it is fatally flawed and will bankrupt the US if it isn't replaced.

If the Koch brothers are fighting for it to be 100% gone...well that shows you the corruption..

Seriously why do the dumb ass Koch brothers care..gezzz?

There's only one thing that informs or influences the Koch's, drumpf's and other 1%ers -- using the poor to put more money in their own pockets.

That's what drumpf/LyinRyan notCare would do and that's why the right wants it.

RWNJs just do as they're told so, of course, they want it too.

Trump has said all along the two components of ACA he wants to preserve are pre-existing conditions and keeping children under family plans until they are 26.

The fundamental problem that Liberals ignore is the AFFORDABLE Care Act doesn't address costs. Isn't that bizarre? The ACA resulted in an enormous healthcare expansion to uncovered people. OK that's great except for one thing. At the same time millions got government subsidized health insurance, the premiums skyrocketed. That is not a sustainable formula. The ACA should have been named the 'Unaffordable Healthcare Expansion'. Trump is replacing the ACA because it is fatally flawed and will bankrupt the US if it isn't replaced.

Read the fine print, it will be up to the states. No its not bankrupting the US, just another lie from the GOP.

42 USC 300gg-1: Guaranteed availability of coverageText contains those laws in effect on March 9, 2017

(c) Special rules for network plans

(1) In general

In the case of a health insurance issuer that offers health insurance coverage in the group and individual market through a network plan, the issuer may-

(A) limit the employers that may apply for such coverage to those with eligible individuals who live, work, or reside in the service area for such network plan; and

(B) within the service area of such plan, deny such coverage to such employers and individuals if the issuer has demonstrated, if required, to the applicable State authority that-

(i) it will not have the capacity to deliver services adequately to enrollees of any additional groups or any additional individuals because of its obligations to existing group contract holders and enrollees, and

(ii) it is applying this paragraph uniformly to all employers and individuals without regard to the claims experience of those individuals, employers and their employees (and their dependents) or any health status-related factor relating to such individuals 1 employees and dependents.

(2) 180-day suspension upon denial of coverage

An issuer, upon denying health insurance coverage in any service area in accordance with paragraph (1)(B), may not offer coverage in the group or individual market within such service area for a period of 180 days after the date such coverage is denied.

(d) Application of financial capacity limits

(1) In general

A health insurance issuer may deny health insurance coverage in the group or individual market if the issuer has demonstrated, if required, to the applicable State authority that-

(A) it does not have the financial reserves necessary to underwrite additional coverage; and

(B) it is applying this paragraph uniformly to all employers and individuals in the group or individual market in the State consistent with applicable State law and without regard to the claims experience of those individuals, employers and their employees (and their dependents) or any health status-related factor relating to such individuals, employees and dependents.

(2) 180-day suspension upon denial of coverage

A health insurance issuer upon denying health insurance coverage in connection with group health plans in accordance with paragraph (1) in a State may not offer coverage in connection with group health plans in the group or individual market in the State for a period of 180 days after the date such coverage is denied or until the issuer has demonstrated to the applicable State authority, if required under applicable State law, that the issuer has sufficient financial reserves to underwrite additional coverage, whichever is later. An applicable State authority may provide for the application of this subsection on a service-area-specific basis.

Now if this comes to pass, I guess an insurance company can only insure people in an area, and also they might just not insure, all genetic diseases , or all CVA patients. You can bet your butt , the states that have not expanded Medicaid now, like Texas, will not require insurers to insure anyone, its up to the state.

Do you know what "if required " means, esp when the states are GOP controlled?? The GOP has never done anything good for the working poor, NEVER.

Got anything but talking points

Stop hiding behind childish insults and try adding something adult and on topic.

That is, IF you can.
-------------------------------------------------------- as i said , get rid of the MANDATE and then its all ok with me . You healthcare beggars and whiners can do as you like just so the MANDATE is gone Luddley !!

Forum List

Back