This is how I feel about Olbermann, Matthews, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and the like

I don't need to re-read it. Just read the new posts.
The sheriff quoted in the OP believes DISTURBED people might be driven to violence by certain rhetoric or "hate speech." Here's what he said:

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

GT believes political pundits are some of the offenders. It's just an opinion and he does NOT believe rational people are so affected by it.

We are talking about "unbalanced" people, and as I correctly pointed out, most anything, or nothing at all, can set them off.

and for what it's worth, you're 113% (cuz noone says 113)..........correct...that it's not the pundits fault, in my opinion, that anyone is currently deceased.

Consider yourself corrected, you are wrong. I'm not blaming them, at all.

OK since those are not your views and you are the author of this thread what is your opinion on those views? Do you agree or disagree with them?

Define "those views," and I'm being sincere in asking.

OK let's do it this way
Heres the title which is your view
"This is how I feel about Olbermann, Matthews, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and the like "
Here is the opinion of the sheriff
"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous,"

unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Whats your answer?

What did Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Matthews, or anyone else say to make him deliberately point a gun at a 9 year old girl and shoot and kill her?

What did the 3 people who were machine gunned down in H-R have to do with the insane man who went on a shooting spree because his Supervisor fired him?

OK since those are not your views and you are the author of this thread what is your opinion on those views? Do you agree or disagree with them?

OK let's do it this way
"This is how I feel about Olbermann, Matthews, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and the like "
"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous,"

unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Whats your answer?

My answer is that people should sincerely consider what they do for money

What did Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Matthews, or anyone else say to make him deliberately point a gun at a 9 year old girl and shoot and kill her?

What did the 3 people who were machine gunned down in H-R have to do with the insane man who went on a shooting spree because his Supervisor fired him?

Did Hannity or Limbaugh talk him into it?

Did the man's Supervisor say "come shoot me!!!" ?

OK let's do it this way

Whats your answer?

What's bigoted about a white guy deliberately shooting a white, 9 year old girl who had no connection to either the judge or the Congresswoman?

Was there something at Tea Parties that suggested doing this?

I don't have any use for a doofus like the OP who won't get to the point.

Well, you just took the word "bigotry" out of a list of things the Sheriff was complaining about and said "see, he;s off base! there was no bigotry involved!"..........when clearly he was citing a list of things he doesn't like to see from commentators......not citing a list of reasons this shooter.....shot.

OK let's do it this way

Whats your answer?

And exactly what does that have to do with the shooting?

Are you condemning the comment of the sheriff?

Consider yourself corrected, you are wrong. I'm not blaming them, at all.

Yeah. Of course not...

right, of course i'm not.

tell me.....

does a man who enjoys chocolate say "i hate chocolate!!!!!!" ?

He might if he's a liar.

Much like a poster who gets caught blaming others might try to backtrack when he is called on it.

It disgusts me how people like you are using this to attack others you hate before any information is known.

OK let's do it this way

Whats your answer?

The commentators' goal is to fuel bias against the "other side," even when it's spun information and not truthful, and any rational person would reckon that "if I do this.....the crazies might do something crazy," and they still do it.

And even if that isn't a deterrant.....and I'm not even saying it has to be, they still enforce an off-base anger in gullible people who even DON'T take it to the next level, which I still find doo-doo as a way to make your living.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Yahoo! News

We know NOTHING about this guy's motivations so to pin blame on anyone but the guy is just speculation at this point.

Seriously he could be another John Hinckley, for all we know.

my post was in reference to the Sheriff's p.o.v. of political commentators......not in reference to today's shooting which obviously inspired him to voice the comments.

Food for thought:

Some on this board became and become less than cordial when they disagree with your point of view.

Think about this as it pertains to this discussion, in its entirety.

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Yahoo! News

We know NOTHING about this guy's motivations so to pin blame on anyone but the guy is just speculation at this point.

my post was in reference to the Sheriff's p.o.v. of political commentators......not in reference to today's shooting which obviously inspired him to voice the comments.

Oh ok then.

Oh ok then.

But, Father Time, don't get me wrong........I DO encourage your comments in that Chessiswar / marijuana thread :tongue:.... guy's a fucking lunatic

The commentators' goal is to fuel bias against the "other side," even when it's spun information and not truthful, and any rational person would reckon that "if I do this.....the crazies might do something crazy," and they still do it.

And even if that isn't a deterrant.....and I'm not even saying it has to be, they still enforce an off-base anger in gullible people who even DON'T take it to the next level, which I still find doo-doo as a way to make your living.

so in other words people should remain quite and not say anything against the government no matter who's in control?