This is how I feel about Olbermann, Matthews, Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and the like

GT.... By your logic then, should you be including violent rap and hip-hop lyrics?

Of course. I won't deny that, ever. But violent Rap and Hip Hop lyrics can at least hide behind poetic license, whereas there persons' are blatantly driving opinion for cash.
If one believes opinion can be driven.

Rappers and Hip-hoppers are in it for the cash too.

The truth is, these nutters don't need to be driven, they are driven. Does this shooter's listing of Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto as "favorite books" also fit?

The sheriff you quoted in the OP, he said he was talking about unbalanced people. Not all people.

If they're unbalanced there's no telling what will set them off.

GT.... By your logic then, should you be including violent rap and hip-hop lyrics?

Of course. I won't deny that, ever. But violent Rap and Hip Hop lyrics can at least hide behind poetic license, whereas there persons' are blatantly driving opinion for cash.

The truth is, these nutters don't need to be driven, they are driven. Does this shooter's listing of Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto as "favorite books" also fit?

The sheriff you quoted in the OP, he said he was talking about unbalanced people. Not all people.

My point is not that the commentators are the cause. (which I've clarified, fwiw).
My point is that they fuel hatred for money, and to me that's glaringly obvious and so I find it dispicible.

For those who disagree, it's not something I'd walk away from you over, during a decent coctail party, lmao.

My point is not that the commentators are the cause. (which I've clarified, fwiw).
My point is that they fuel hatred for money, and to me that's glaringly obvious and so I find it dispicible.

For those who disagree, it's not something I'd walk away from you over during a decent coctail party, lmao.
Do they truly fuel hatred? They don't for me. Do they for you?

You think they might for, let's say -- the unbalanced?

But a side-bar, Midnight, I do believe opinion can be driven.......hence the birth of the word, and the use of its meaning............... propoganda.

Do they truly fuel hatred? They don't for me. Do they for you?

You think they might for, let's say -- the unbalanced?

I think they might for the unbalanced, yes.

Do you think that everyone has a mind of their own, or do you not believe in people who are gullible/easily led?

The gullible/easily led are those who I'm referring to as quote unquote fueled.

(eta: this is led by the assumption when one of said commentators states a lie and GT, in his mind, goes: "My god...how can anyone believe this shit???" - - and another assumption - that anyone does. I'm comfortable with those assumptions)

Last edited:
But a side-bar, Midnight, I do believe opinion can be driven.......hence the birth of the word, and the use of its meaning............... propoganda.
If you're saying you agree with the Sheriff quoted in your OP, understand that he's not talking about rational people, he's talking about "the unbalanced" among us.

Propaganda..... Yes, the "big lie" theory. Or the "lies of omission" theory. It allows itself to very loose definitions of what is, and what is not. It's subjective.

Understand please, I'm not trying to bust your chops here and I don't totally disagree with your Sheriff.

Do you think that everyone has a mind of their own, or do you not believe in people who are gullible/easily led?

(eta: this is led by the assumption when one of said commentators states a lie and GT, in his mind, goes: "My god...how can anyone believe this shit???" - - and another assumption - that anyone does. I'm comfortable with those assumptions)
I wouldn't every say everyone is or is not any one thing. I do think by and large though, a majority of folks do have a mind of their own.

For those who disagree, it's not something I'd walk away from you over, during a decent coctail party, lmao.

In other words, you are using the events of today to justify a rant against people being employed to provide their opinion.

If you're saying you agree with the Sheriff quoted in your OP, understand that he's not talking about rational people, he's talking about "the unbalanced" among us.

Propaganda..... Yes, the "big lie" theory. Or the "lies of omission" theory. It allows itself to very loose definitions of what is, and what is not. It's subjective.

Understand please, I'm not trying to bust your chops here and I don't totally disagree with your Sheriff.

I'm 100% aware that he's referring to the unbalanced, but I'd wager a guess that gullible persons are in a way unbalanced........and I'd also be pretty comfortable opining that the target audience of these political commentators are the gullible.

I know you're not busting my chops, you're a good dude. :razz: and even if you were..............from a good dude, that's always taken lightly.

In other words, you are using the events of today to justify a rant against people being employed to provide their opinion.

No, I'm using the real life emotion of a Sheriff to reaffirm my opinion that I've had all along, and sharing it for all to discuss.

I'm 100% aware that he's referring to the unbalanced, but I'd wager a guess that gullible persons are in a way unbalanced........and I'd also be pretty comfortable opining that the target audience of these political commentators are the gullible.

I know you're not busting my chops, you're a good dude. :razz: and even if you were..............from a good dude, that's always taken lightly.
I just don't think there are minions of gullible sheep out there, vastly outnumbering the thoughtful among us.

I wouldn't every say everyone is or is not any one thing. I do think by and large though, a majority of folks do have a mind of their own.

me too, or else chaos would ensue :eek: lol

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Yahoo! News

You are an idiot, and the sheriff that said that during the press conference is a fascist. This is nothing more than another attempt to keep the population under the boots of the people in power bt trying to silence dissent and debate.

I just don't think there are minions of gullible sheep out there, vastly outnumbering the thoughtful among us.

I think the thoughtful are more numerous and watch commentators for their entertainment value..................but I wouldn't under-guess the gullible based on what I've convinced people to do.....lol, in my life.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Arizona Rep. Giffords shot, 6 killed in rampage - Yahoo! News

You are an idiot, and the sheriff that said that during the press conference is a fascist. This is nothing more than another attempt to keep the population under the boots of the people in power bt trying to silence dissent and debate.

I'm an idiot? I don't care. You're a Quantum windbag. neener neener.

I think the thoughtful are more numerous and watch commentators for their entertainment value..................but I wouldn't under-guess the gullible based on what I've convinced people to do.....lol, in my life.
That may only mean you're a pretty good con though!:lol:

:eusa_shhh: , sir.

What does the government imposed lack of "vitriol" result in?

It seems to result in more people getting killed, like the governor in Pakistan that was killed by his own security when he spoke out against the law that made vitriol (aka blasphemy) illegal.

Abilities to "con" people or to manipulate them has never been a testament to their gullibility.... It's a testament to the skill of the con!

Social engineering 101 in the "hacker" world!

Abilities to "con" people or to manipulate them has never been a testament to their gullibility.... It's a testament to the skill of the con!

Social engineering 101 in the "hacker" world!

lol you're a hacker? don't put your cards out there like that man!!

Just playing...

side note,

my dick is like a baby's arm holding an apple

Last edited: