This is how government works

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Couple Who Allegedly Spent Money Raised for Homeless Man Lose New BMW in Police Raid

So this couple takes it upon themselves to help a homeless person who is on drugs. They then create a "Go fund me account" to help, and wind up with a large pot of money to distribute to the homeless person. However, they assess that only giving him $25,000 of the some $300,000 raised was good enough, so they kept the rest for themselves. After all, he will only use it on drugs, right?

Just take Social Security. The government raises the money for our retirement, but then steal from it and will later decide if they should pay it.

The only difference is, the couple will probably go to jail, as where Congressmen like McCain will be deified as a god when they pass.

Last edited:
Couple Who Allegedly Spent Money Raised for Homeless Man Lose New BMW in Police Raid

So this couple takes it upon themselves to help a homeless person who is on drugs. They then create a "Go fund me account" to help, and wind up with a large pot of money to distribute to the homeless person. However, the assess that only giving him $25,000 of the some $300,000 raised was good enough, so they kept the rest for themselves. After all, he will only use it on drugs, right?

Just take Social Security. The government raises the money for our retirement, but then steal from it and will later decide if they should pay it.

The only difference is, the couple will probably go to jail, as where Congressmen like McCain will be deified as a god when they pass.
Kind of like a certain president that has a charity, but instead of using it for charitable purposes uses the funds to buy a self-portrait or settle a lawsuit against one of his golf courses? Seems to be a more apt analogy.
images

Last edited:

So this couple takes it upon themselves to help a homeless person who is on drugs. They then create a "Go fund me account" to help, and wind up with a large pot of money to distribute to the homeless person. However, the assess that only giving him $25,000 of the some $300,000 raised was good enough, so they kept the rest for themselves. After all, he will only use it on drugs, right?

Kind of like a certain president that has a charity, but instead of using it for charitable purposes uses the funds to by a self-portrait or settle a lawsuit against one of his golf courses? Seems to be a more apt analogy.
Clintons Pushed Most Wasteful of U.S.-Funded Haiti Projects - Judicial Watch
Roughly half of the $1.14 billion that the U.S. government allocated to help Haiti recover from the 2010 earthquake has gone to wasteful projects with the single largest chunk—$170.3 million—going to a failed port and power plant adventure heavily promoted by Bill Clinton and the State Department under the leadership if his beloved wife.
oh, you werent talking about the Clintons?

Kind of like a certain president that has a charity, but instead of using it for charitable purposes uses the funds to by a self-portrait or settle a lawsuit against one of his golf courses? Seems to be a more apt analogy.
images

Hillary did the same thing with her charity.

It worked something like this. Some corrupt regime in Africa would give to her charity, then that country would be given "aid" to help the "poor".

Afterwards, Bill would fly over and give a speech in that country and be given millions of dollars for coming.

A little went to the poor, and more went to the regime, and the Clinton's are personally enriched.

See, everyone is happy!

Roughly half of the $1.14 billion that the U.S. government allocated to help Haiti recover from the 2010 earthquake has gone to wasteful projects with the single largest chunk—$170.3 million—going to a failed port and power plant adventure heavily promoted by Bill Clinton and the State Department under the leadership if his beloved wife.

Damn. You beat me to it!

al-capone-p.jpeg

Al Capone ran soup kitchens for the poor.

It gives them an air of legitimacy.

images

It worked something like this. Some corrupt regime in Africa would give to her charity, then that country would be given "aid" to help the "poor".

Afterwards, Bill would fly over and give a speech in that country and be given millions of dollars for coming.

A little went to the poor, and more went to the regime, and the Clinton's are personally enriched.

See, everyone is happy!
First, I have direct proof of self dealing on Trump. You have a so far unsubstantiated claim. And you seem to be missing the point I was making. Your OP seems to be suggesting that there is an equivalency between using charity for personal enrichment and social security. While your example is EXACTLY the same charges that the NY attorney general has levied against Trump. Not for nothing, giving a really bad analogy to make a point. While at the same time disregarding the fact that your analogy is identical to what the person you support did, is hysterical.

images

See, everyone is happy!
First, I have direct proof of self dealing on Trump. You have a so far unsubstantiated claim. And you seem to be missing the point I was making. Your OP seems to be suggesting that there is an equivalency between using charity for personal enrichment and social security. While your example is EXACTLY the same charges that the NY attorney general has levied against Trump. Not for nothing, giving a really bad analogy to make a point. While at the same time disregarding the fact that your analogy is identical to what the person you support did, is hysterical.

Trump also had a charity. In fact, I heard he used the funds to buy off a judge overseeing the suit brought against Trump University.

They all do it sir.

Instead, they go after him on baseless collusion charges and paying off a whore, none of which are even illegal.

That is our political system

So this couple takes it upon themselves to help a homeless person who is on drugs. They then create a "Go fund me account" to help, and wind up with a large pot of money to distribute to the homeless person. However, they assess that only giving him $25,000 of the some $300,000 raised was good enough, so they kept the rest for themselves. After all, he will only use it on drugs, right?

You should try working for a government fund padded pharmaceutical company who sends you off to Central Africa to provide security for their FDA regulation free drug trials, while back in the States the company's board members spend away all of that government start-up and private investor money on Bentley Sedans and their European girlfriends-- to the tune they go out of business without giving their employees or investors the least heads-up. America is a land of dreams. But she is also a land where greed can make those starry dreams die real hard and sudden deaths. Banking on such dreams can be a very bad call.

images

See, everyone is happy!

Trump also had a charity. In fact, I heard he used the funds to buy off a judge overseeing the suit brought against Trump University.

They all do it sir.

Instead, they go after him on baseless collusion charges and paying off a whore, none of which are even illegal.

That is our political system
As you pointed out in your original post, people go to JAIL over it. The fact that you are now suggesting that because you feel that everybody's doing it Trump should get a pass, shows yet again that as of this president, doing straight up illegal acts should not be considered disqualifying by Trump supporters to be the leader of your country. I see no other possible explanation to the point you are making.

Last edited:

No, I wasn't. And since that nothing in the article mentioned, even implies that the Clinton's used the foundation inappropriately, I want to ask you how it is relevant? The Red Cross is known to have made mistakes in their charitable work, so has Amnesty International and DWB. Does that mean they are corrupt or that they don't always work in a climate were all the funds reach their destination?

Forum List

Back