This is hot !!!

For those of you who ever started a thread with an annoying show-and-tell link that does not tell you anything about the subject, well enjoy this thread title !!

Last edited:
Now just in case you thought I was also a moron like yourself if you are given to these annoying habits, here is an informative summary as well.

According to todays noon news, the following icons will stop being included with the Monopoly board game:

- the boot

- the wheelbarrow

- the thimble.

The new icons will consist of:

- a ducky

- a dinosaur

- a penguin

The icons being retained are:

- the doggy

- the top hat

- the race car

- the kitty

- the BB ship.

I don't remember the kitty from childhood. It must have been added more recently.

I do remember all of the other ones. I thought there were only 7. With the kitty there were 8 however.

I know this is off topic, but it must mean something when all the tokens I used to choose have been retired. ALL of them.

My favorite was always the BB ship.

And later in my youth as a young officer in the USMC I actually did serve aboard 3 warships. Life is stranger than fiction !!

I would imagine that the doggy and the kitty will be in the most demand, since 1/2 of all households have a kitty and 1/3 have a doggy.

When they go plastic tokens, carbon credits for play money and mortgage derivatives I'll stop playing.

Our mom did not like pets so we did not have any at home.

When she was poor in Nazi Germany she used to try and catch cats for food. One of them scratched her really badly and she has been afraid of cats ever since.

My dad had a pet dog growing up, but we moved a lot so we never got a dog.

My sib's and I always wished we had a dog or cat of our own.

I caught a rabbit and raised it from an infant rabbit until fully grown. I thought it was a male but she was female. I guess I had not had the birds and the bees speech yet at age 6.

Anyway when she was fully grown my father let her go free.

So a bunny for the new Monopoly game would have been a good choice too, in addition to the doggy and the kitty.

I would imagine that the doggy and the kitty will be in the most demand, since 1/2 of all households have a kitty and 1/3 have a doggy.
Why are we suddenly going to animals rather than common household items. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BOOT?

I never understood the meaning of the top hat until I joined Freemasonry.

Why are we suddenly going to animals rather than common household items. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BOOT?
Not ALL of the tokens are animals.

Not the following:

- top hat (looks like any Masonic lodge master's top hat)

- race car (it looks like the German Silver Bullet by MB back in the 1930's)

- the BB ship (looks like a pre-WW1 BB ship).

Monopoly was/is a fun game that teaches kids to count money.

You don't need to be much older than 1st or 2nd grade to play it.

Chess and Backgammon are much more complex and require the intellect of middle school / junior high (age 12) at least.

American checkers and Chinese checkers are very easy, and good for kids under 12 as well.

I would like to have seen all animals.

This would then teach the kids biology:

A fish.

A salamander.

A frog.

The dinosaur is perfect.

The doggy and kitty are perfect.

An ape.

A man with a shovel.

A woman with a dress.

There -- that's 8.

But Hasbro surveyed people and that's not what they got.

Monopoly was/is a fun game that teaches kids to count money.

You don't need to be much older than 1st or 2nd grade to play it.

Chess and Backgammon are much more complex and require the intellect of middle school / junior high (age 12) at least.

American checkers and Chinese checkers are very easy, and good for kids under 12 as well.
I dunno if Monopoly is really cut out for kids THAT young. Although the new tokens would indicate that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back