This is going to be a fantastic movie...

OMG, I love love love that book! I can't wait for this.

Does anyone know who does the song they used in the trailer? I really like it. I keep watching it to hear the song.

Wake Up by Arcade Fire.

It's on iTunes.

Oh how embarrassing... :redface:

I have it on their Funeral album, but the version in the trailer starts out acoustic and the album version is different. But it's still a good song and a LOT easier to listen to now that I put it on my iPod. Thank you.

Thank you jsanders, very much appreciated. I can't rep you unfortunately.

That trailer appeals to the better parts of my nature (I have a few), I'll definitely go and see it when it makes it here.

Personally I loved " The Wild Bunch" Not really into watching cartoons made into real live movies.

The cartoon version of the book was very childish, and yes, the book is a child's book. But there's a lot of raw human emotion I think the cartoon failed to capture that I think this movie will portray very well. Catherine Keener is an amazing actress, and even though her part is very small, I think she'll have a huge impact on screen.

The spirit of the movie is all about the imagination of children and how they use fantasy to escape reality. The concept was borrowed when Guillermo del Toro wrote Pan's Labyrinth, which is one of my top 5 movies of all time. I was reading some posts over at IMDb, and some people said the monster's crying in the trailer for WTWTA made THEM cry, just from a trailer. That's pretty powerful stuff. I've heard this trailer got rounds of applause in theaters (it plays before Monsters versus Aliens).

It's one of the best trailers for a movie I've ever seen, and the song just adds to it. I'm actually angry that they released it this early, because now I have to wait six months to see it! It's bad enough Warner Bros. pushed back Harry Potter eight months, but now I have this to look forward too.

Personally I loved " The Wild Bunch" Not really into watching cartoons made into real live movies.

The cartoon version of the book was very childish, and yes, the book is a child's book. But there's a lot of raw human emotion I think the cartoon failed to capture that I think this movie will portray very well. Catherine Keener is an amazing actress, and even though her part is very small, I think she'll have a huge impact on screen.

The spirit of the movie is all about the imagination of children and how they use fantasy to escape reality. The concept was borrowed when Guillermo del Toro wrote Pan's Labyrinth, which is one of my top 5 movies of all time. I was reading some posts over at IMDb, and some people said the monster's crying in the trailer for WTWTA made THEM cry, just from a trailer. That's pretty powerful stuff. I've heard this trailer got rounds of applause in theaters (it plays before Monsters versus Aliens).

It's one of the best trailers for a movie I've ever seen, and the song just adds to it. I'm actually angry that they released it this early, because now I have to wait six months to see it! It's bad enough Warner Bros. pushed back Harry Potter eight months, but now I have this to look forward too.

I teared up a little when the monster was crying. I think this is going to be such an awesome movie, I wish we didn't have to wait so long too.

Pan's was a great movie too. Mos def in my top 10 list.

I teared up a little when the monster was crying. I think this is going to be such an awesome movie, I wish we didn't have to wait so long too.

People probably don't realize that when the monster cries, it's actually Max crying. Everything the monsters feel is actually Max's emotions played out through his imagination.

Pan's was a great movie too. Mos def in my top 10 list.

It's one of only four movies I give a perfect score to on IMDb. I've seen it dozens of times, and I have yet to find a flaw in it.

It's one of only four movies I give a perfect score to on IMDb. I've seen it dozens of times, and I have yet to find a flaw in it.

What are the others?

You should start a fav movie thread, it would be fun to see what everyone likes.

What are the others?

You should start a fav movie thread, it would be fun to see what everyone likes.

There's one on here somewhere.

The others are:

Schindler's List
The Shawshank Redemption
The Wizard of Oz

You can see all the movies I've rated here:

My Movies

I was working my way through the IMDb Top 250, but I got sidetracked this semester by too much school. I'll pick it up again soon.

Last edited:

The spirit of the movie is all about the imagination of children and how they use fantasy to escape reality. The concept was borrowed when Guillermo del Toro wrote Pan's Labyrinth, which is one of my top 5 movies of all time.
I almost never go to the movies because they are often so bad, but Pan's Labyrinth was a gem!

So far I have little faith in the movie industry, but we'll see. I loved the book as a child, but Hollywood has a tendency to ruin things when they put it in a movie.

So far I have little faith in the movie industry, but we'll see. I loved the book as a child, but Hollywood has a tendency to ruin things when they put it in a movie.

depends on who makes it....some producers and directors have actually read and are fans of the book they are making....

Forum List

Back