This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

Feb 28, 2009
The entire WH TV news pool united and told the WH they wouldn't interview one of the Czars if Fox News couldn't. The WH had earlier barred only FNC from the interview. Behold:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=BlMILRyDRdM]YouTube - White House tries to bar Fox News from intervewing pay czar[/ame]

Milhous, this is what happens when you try this infantile nonsense.

Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

Care to try again with specifics and a link?

Show me where Fox News was defending NBC when the Bush Administration went on the attack in 2007. Show me where President Bush gave ONE interview to the New York Times.

Several Republicans were calling for them to be freeze out.

– INGRAHAM: Now Karl, why would the White House agree to do an interview with Richard Engel? I mean, this is the guy who, you know, really didn’t want to give the surge any credit and NBC, an organization, obviously that’s called this a civil war. Now it’s kind of not gone back and changed his view on that. We’re in a recession, etcetera, etcetera. I mean, why bother really at this point? [The O'Reilly Factor, 5/19/09]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05lVO_izCY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dana Perino admits that the Bush White House essentially froze out MSNBC towards the end[/ame]

PERINO: Towards the end we didn’t do a lot with MSNBC. That’s, that is the case.

And where was Fox News when Gillespie sent out that letter bashing NBC? Cheering him right on.

Even Perino admits they froze out MSNBC, meanwhile Fox tries to defend it.

Last edited:
  • Banned
It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.
This SPECIFIC instance never happened before. The story you're referencing isn't the same at all.

THIS was the WH trying to exclude a pool member from a pool round-robin interview. No President has ever done that. The rest of the networks had a meeting and decided they would not do the interview either unless ALL of the pool was included.

Do you understand what the pool is? The five networks share the cost of everything, and share all the same access to pool events.

This was unprecedented, as the newspaper TV critic in the video explains to you.

Now, defend it and stop deflecting.

This SPECIFIC instance never happened before. The story you're referencing isn't the same at all.

THIS was the WH trying to exclude a pool member from a pool round-robin interview. No President has ever done that. The rest of the networks had a meeting and decided they would not do the interview either unless ALL of the pool was included.

Do you understand what the pool is? The five networks share the cost of everything, and share all the same access to pool events.

This was unprecedented, as the newspaper TV critic in the video explains to you.

:rolleyes: I never said what the Obama Administration did was right. It was wrong.

• Banned

:rolleyes: I never said what the Obama Administration did was right. It was wrong.
I didn't say you did.

What you did try to do was the old "Appeal to Mom" defense/deflection. "Mom, the other kid did it too!" never worked, even on Mom.

It's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies, and is also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Users of it to defend Obama fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

There should be no such comparisons. There was supposed to be change and Obama was supposed to be SO much better.

Good for the other companies who stood up for Fox's rights, as lousy a propaganda machine as it has become. Talk about showing some class, huh! Maybe Fox will get the message here.

I didn't say you did.

What you did try to do was the old "Appeal to Mom" defense/deflection. "Mom, the other kid did it too!" never worked, even on Mom.

It's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies, and is also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Users of it to defend Obama fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

There should be no such comparisons. There was supposed to be change and Obama was supposed to be SO much better.

Not at all, I just point out hypocrisy where I see it. You can try and copy your post as you applied to Rdean as to me but it won't fly. I'm not defending Obama or are you being a wack job? I have been saying for quite awhile now that there is not that much difference between Obama and Bush. In fact, one of the main reasons why I can't stand Obama at the present moment is his policy of doing what Bush did on most issues. It's a laundry list of issues.

The irony that seems to be lost on people that the same people complaining about Obama now in 2009 on the right are the same people who voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. Not that big of a difference. Oh wait, I know! It's because there's a (D) next to Obama's name. :lol:

Good for the other companies who stood up for Fox's rights, as lousy a propaganda machine as it has become. Talk about showing some class, huh! Maybe Fox will get the message here.
The message was to the executive branch of the government, now and future ones, not to FNC.

The WH TV pool is going to stick together no matter what network or networks are involved. They are in business there together, sharing resources, expenses and also sharing in all pool events. And it's always been that way.

I didn't say you did.

Not at all, I just point out hypocrisy where I see it.
And you didn't see any, as I showed you. You THOUGHT you did.

You WERE defending this by the Appeal to Mom deflection. Instinctively, in knee-jerk fashion. Same exact way rdupe is in another thread.

However, it's amusing to notice you fail to see the irony of Obama doing Bush-like actions, all the time. I guess for you, irony only goes one way. :lol:

You WERE defending this by the Appeal to Mom deflection. Instinctively, in knee-jerk fashion. Same exact way rdupe is in another thread.

However, it's amusing to notice you fail to see the irony of Obama doing Bush-like actions, all the time. I guess for you, irony only goes one way. :lol:

That's right Midnight, be a hack and ignore the rest of my post that points out exactly what I just bolded in your post. Dishonest much? :eusa_eh:

Why wouldn't they stand up for FoxNews? They are members of the same pool. THey are not at war in between themselves. I wonder, if MSNBC is part of the pool, would they do the same?

Ame®icano;1642495 said:
Why wouldn't they stand up for FoxNews? They are members of the same pool. THey are not at war in between themselves. I wonder, if MSNBC is part of the pool, would they do the same?

Howard Kurtz - Fox News Ad Draws Protests - washingtonpost.com

A provocative full-page newspaper ad from Fox News drew heated reactions from its rivals today and one demand that The Washington Post apologize for running it.

Over photos of protesters gathering for an "anti-tax" rally in Washington last Saturday, the ad asked: "How Did ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN Miss This Story?"

Fox News provided more coverage than other news outlets in the run-up to what Beck branded the "9/12" protests, but the other networks hardly ignored the story. ABC, for instance, covered it Saturday and Sunday on "Good Morning America" and Sunday on "World News," along with extensive reports by ABC Radio and the network's Web site. NBC covered it Saturday on "Nightly News" and the next morning on "Today." CBS covered it on the "Evening News." CNN covered the Saturday protests during the 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. hours, as well as on other programs afterward. Correspondents such as NBC's Tom Costello, ABC's Kate Snow and CBS's Nancy Cordes were involved in the coverage.

If Fox News isn't at war with other networks, they damn well aren't acting it and vice versa.

That's right Midnight, be a hack and ignore the rest of my post that points out exactly what I just bolded in your post. Dishonest much? :eusa_eh:

Dude, he wasn't being dishonest...

You were trying to compare apples and orangutans... Two completely different situations... Ended up being a "yeah, but boooooosh" moment for you that didn't compare at all...

Dude, he wasn't being dishonest...

You were trying to compare apples and orangutans... Two completely different situations... Ended up being a "yeah, but boooooosh" moment for you that didn't compare at all...

He said I fail to see the irony of Obama doing Bush-Like actions, all the time. Except that is what I stated in the post that he cut off and quoted from.

So yes, he was being dishonest.

This is the same post he quoted from and said I didn't see the irony:

I'm not defending Obama or are you being a wack job? I have been saying for quite awhile now that there is not that much difference between Obama and Bush. In fact, one of the main reasons why I can't stand Obama at the present moment is his policy of doing what Bush did on most issues. It's a laundry list of issues.

The irony that seems to be lost on people that the same people complaining about Obama now in 2009 on the right are the same people who voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. Not that big of a difference. Oh wait, I know! It's because there's a (D) next to Obama's name. :lol:

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1642495 said:

Howard Kurtz - Fox News Ad Draws Protests - washingtonpost.com

A provocative full-page newspaper ad from Fox News drew heated reactions from its rivals today and one demand that The Washington Post apologize for running it.

Over photos of protesters gathering for an "anti-tax" rally in Washington last Saturday, the ad asked: "How Did ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN Miss This Story?"

Fox News provided more coverage than other news outlets in the run-up to what Beck branded the "9/12" protests, but the other networks hardly ignored the story. ABC, for instance, covered it Saturday and Sunday on "Good Morning America" and Sunday on "World News," along with extensive reports by ABC Radio and the network's Web site. NBC covered it Saturday on "Nightly News" and the next morning on "Today." CBS covered it on the "Evening News." CNN covered the Saturday protests during the 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. hours, as well as on other programs afterward. Correspondents such as NBC's Tom Costello, ABC's Kate Snow and CBS's Nancy Cordes were involved in the coverage.

If Fox News isn't at war with other networks, they damn well aren't acting it and vice versa.

There are always little stabs that push the ratings, never a full scale war.

CNN did run the story.

Ame®icano;1642515 said:
[ There are always little stabs that push the ratings, never a full scale war.

CNN did run the story.

I suppose that is true. Just things like that are dishonest Journalism. The minute that ratings become more important than the truth, the battle is already half-lost.

Ame®icano;1642515 said:
There are always little stabs that push the ratings, never a full scale war.

CNN did run the story.

I suppose that is true. Just things like that are dishonest Journalism. The minute that ratings become more important than the truth, the battle is already half-lost.

I didn't say it's always about the rating. In this case is about the truth.

Forum List

Back