This is for both sides

I think it's safe to make the connection that from 1980 - 1992 when we had a Republican president our economy went in the shitter... from 1992-2000 when we had a Democrat as president our economy rebounded...from 2000 to today with a Republican president our economy is in the shitter AGAIN.

Ahh the old Democratic economy argument. When exactly did the economy take off in 1992? How was the economy before 1980? I'll get with youthat "W" is shitty, but how much power(percieved or real) does a President have over the economy? Not much. Congrees has the Power of purse. Balanced budgets (written by congress) were the main catalysts for the economy in the 90's along with an internet bubble that blew up. Clinton gets way too much credit.

I'd love to know how you blame the Dems who have been in control of Congress ONLY since January 2007

It's cute but it's not realistic.

The Repubs had control from early in the Clinton Administration until 2006 elections and even then they only had a one seat majority.

The Repub control during the Clinton admin explains the "milk and honey" episode everyone loves to attribute to Clinton.

And it doesn't take a stupid Congress long to bankrupt the country.

Yeah, he hangs out with Barbara Streisand, what a dumb comment. She is a big time Hillary supporter who is now backing Obama. Because he had a fund raising dinner all the sudden he hangs out with her. Mccain does the same thing. Read the posts, he had the same dinner a few weeks ago and there were about 12 headlining Hollywood actors. The problem is he only raised 5.1 mil where Obama raised 9.1 mil. Thats because Obama's Hollywood supporters are the actors that actually still get work and have talent.

He has to get $$ somewhere because he sure as shit isn't getting it from the average American citizen, who distrust and dislike him.

The Repub control during the Clinton admin explains the "milk and honey" episode everyone loves to attribute to Clinton.

Hey Allie. I thought Regulations and Taxes were why Corporations in America couldn't prosper? For 8 years they've literally paid no taxes and dealt with zero regulations and now the economy is collapsing.

Or am I just whining? Maybe its all in my head.

Hey Allie. I thought Regulations and Taxes were why Corporations in America couldn't prosper? For 8 years they've literally paid no taxes and dealt with zero regulations and now the economy is collapsing.

Corporations in America can also be spelled J>O>B>S You tax them more, there go the jobs! Small business people, such as myself do not pay Sub-S corporation taxes--. We file a return, any profit or loss flows to the owners, & it's the owners on their personal tax returns that pays the taxes. Small business is the largest employer today in this country, most are sub-S coporations. It does not mean that we are NOT paying taxes, we get hammered on our personal yearly income tax returns, based on income we made in our Sub-S corporations. GEEZ--the education some of you liberals need is flat unbelievable!

The economy is collapsing because our government lead by democrats--(Fannie Mae & Freddie mac controlled by democrats) decided they wanted to make mortgage loans to people who could NOT pay them back. It's called the domino effect--heated up by refusals again by democrats to drill here drill now to bring down $4.00 per gallon gasoline.

The government is NOT the solution, it's the PROBLEM--"Ronald Reagan"

The free capital markets work, if left alone by the government & all the whinners that feel they can get something for nothing, WHICH THE DEMOCRAT PARTY CODDLES!

Last edited:
He has to get $$ somewhere because he sure as shit isn't getting it from the average American citizen, who distrust and dislike him.

McCain charged $50,000 a head for his dinner in late July 08....but i see your point, mccain camp never claimed to not be part of the elite...while obama tries to say such of his supporters...

36% of his donation are from contributions of $200 or less, thats better than any other candidates that have run in the primaries and its better than Mccains. Its on factcheck.org. Why do you spew shit when you dont know what your talking about.

Why is everyone always whining about the President and the economy? If the government would just let the economy function as a "free" market economy, we wouldn't have many of the problems we have today. The only way the government should affect the economy is with government spending. If the government had left their hands out of lending, we wouldn't have banks dropping left and right. The only function our federal government should have is to protect the country as a whole. Everything else should be left to state and local governments just as our founding fathers intended. I don't agree with how the Republicans have been increasing government power, but at this thime, they are the lesser of two evils.

admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving it.
good job

then what the fuck happend with Bush? they had it all until 06... House, Senate and President... and look what they did to us.

slice it up anyway you want, the President gets the blame or the glory for a failed economy that's how it works. IF Bush had held onto the surplus, if we weren't in the shitter right now, the Repubs would be using that as an excuse to keep the Repubs in the White house, BUT because Bush fucked us nd because the voters kicked the Repubs out of control in 2006 mid-term elections NOW they want to turn it around and say "oh but it's that do-nothing Congress run by the Dems"

Let's pretend that the Repubs aren't blocking everything and let's pretend that Bush didn't start vetoing shit the minute the Repubs lost control. FIVE YEARS WITHOUT ONE VETO PEOPLE... FIVE YEARS!!!

Congress pushed through and bush approved massive spending which put us deeper and deeper in debt.

We BORROWED money to go to war with Iraq... enough said.

Just looking at your quote at the bottom. Palin cut earmarks from $550 million to $200 million while she was in office. So how is she lying?

Forum List

Back