This is f*ing illegal!

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Man says he sold kidney in U.S. for $20k
New York recipient says he was near death when Israeli man answered ad
AP
updated 24 minutes ago
Nick Rosen, 39, says he was paid $20,000 for giving a kidney to a New York man. He says he did a good deed and that donors like him should be compensated.

NEW YORK - In 2005, a rebellious and sporadically employed Israeli man flew to New York to give up a kidney to save an American businessman. For that, he says he was paid $20,000, which appeared in a brown envelope on his hospital bed after the operation.

That payoff would be illegal.

Man says he sold kidney in U.S. for $20k - Health care- msnbc.com

Under Obama care they will use eminent domain policies to remove kidneys and other organs from the poor or republicans for transplants to give to rich democrat donors!!! Page 640 HR. 3200

Under Obama care they will use eminent domain policies to remove kidneys and other organs from the poor or republicans for transplants to give to rich democrat donors!!! Page 640 HR. 3200
Total idiocy, that statement. Operating on someone against his or her will is torture: the law is clear about that.

How about commenting on the illegality of buying/selling body parts?

buying and selling of body parts should be illegal.

Since it already is, what is your position regarding the purchase / sale described in the OP in order to save a man's life? After all, the man obviously was able to afford it. Should you not be able to spend you money as you see fit? Or should you not be able to profit from someone else's misfortune if they are willing and able to pay? Who decided that it was illegal? Why should it be illegal? Is it a moral issue?

i am astonished at your naiveté, you just heard about this now? there is a black market for organs. for years.

it is like the thought experiment posted by someone else. someone has to suffer for the paradise to continue.

you need organs, someone will give you organs, for the money. slum kids in brazil or executed "criminals" in china. selling a kidney is minor stuff, but still illegal.

i personally think if the person selling the kidney is an adult and fully capable of making a decision like this, why not, sell it. he can live on. but i don't think it is legal at the time. and it is certainly not moral, it is capitalism. unfettered.

Last edited:
You think this is creepy? Have you looked into the black market for cadavers and dead body parts? Think all those funeral homes burying caskets full of tires. Compared to that, organs at least save a life. Possibly even two, if the money makes enough of a difference to the donor.
Classic capitalism, indeed. One guy has something he's willing to sell and somebody else has a need for it and is willing to pay for it. The only real difference between this guy and the guy listing his car in the paper for sale is the surgery.

If he sold it of his own free will, I don't see why it should be illegal. I don't doubt that it is, I just don't see why it should be.

How much would you pay me for my little toe? Can I put it on eBay?

Why is it legal to sell blood but not a kidney? Anybody know?

How about cloning your kidneys?

yeah how about that?

you can donate half a liter of blood and your body will regenerate this in the next days. just drink something and don't drive for the next day. lose a kidney, and you will be able to live on, but no kidney will grow back.

the cloning stuff is future. where you will store (is already done) umbilical cord stem cells, and hope someday someone will be able to teach those stem cells to grow into the organ you need. for now it works for leukemia. just produce a baby brother or sister and use the stem cells to try to cure elder cancer boy/girl.

Now having kids for replacement parts seems reprehensible to me. Although if one of my children were in that situation I might understand the temptation.

Forum List

Back