This is EXACTLY what's wrong with Muslims and Libs

sure why hard-core Bush Republicans here keep lashing out at Muslims, Democrats, and liberals. We're not in your way. You have the presidency and Congress. Bush can do whatever he wishes. It's not our fault if he keeps making mistakes, e.g. thinking the war would be easy and was over 3 years ago.

Why not direct some of your anger towards the people in charge who have made the real errors--the judgement that a smaller force on the ground would be effective, the judgement that we'd be welcomed with open arms and democracy would flower immediately, or the judgement that the nations of the world would rush to join the "coalition of the willing" rather than fleeing it?

As for Muslims, I have to ask how many you personally know and have discussed issues with... ? What have they personally said that has offended you so much?

And what would you say to all the Republican critics of the President's various policies? Are they all just traitors, or could they be speaking some truth that you don't want to hear?

Mariner.

Mariner said:
sure why hard-core Bush Republicans here keep lashing out at Muslims, Democrats, and liberals. We're not in your way..

We need your active participation in FIGHTING the war on terror. Do you consider "getting out of the way" the extent of your civic duty? That's sad.

RWA, that he'd like us to go about our business unperturbed while our armed forces fight this war for us. He'd rather not inconvenience us with taxes either, and he's stopped bugging us with those color-coded alerts.

I'm not sure why he took this approach--do you understand it?

Here's an alternate way of looking at it. We're showing the whole world that America is so tolerant that we can actively critique our gov't even as it fights a war. That's a pretty powerful statement to those who live in dictatorships, theocracies, and places like China. It's a major piece of advertising for the American Way.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
RWA, that he'd like us to go about our business unperturbed while our armed forces fight this war for us. He'd rather not inconvenience us with taxes either, and he's stopped bugging us with those color-coded alerts.

Here's an alternate way of looking at it. We're showing the whole world that America is so tolerant that we can actively critique our gov't even as it fights a war. That's a pretty powerful statement to those who live in dictatorships, theocracies, and places like China. It's a major piece of advertising for the American Way.

Mariner.
Not RWA here, but can say that the US can deal with respecting Islam in the abstact, while having problems with the reality. My guess, WE are having a problem with the concept of a religion adhered to by 1.5 billion folk being so hateful. As i see it, even in the US, with the history of racism and such, we never approached this kind of number. We stand in awe of the number of crackers you have.

reality of extreme Islam is very disturbing, especially when it is able to appeal to the masses and get itself elected (Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine). It's also been disturbing to watch Indonesia swing to the right over the past three years.

Mariner

KarlMarx said:
You're either on our side or our enemies', there isn't a third option.

Hmm no, it's pretty easy to say "fuck Islam" and "fuck the United States Federal Government" in the same sentence. Look, I just did it!

BaronVonBigmeat said:
Hmm no, it's pretty easy to say "fuck Islam" and "fuck the United States Federal Government" in the same sentence. Look, I just did it!

You did- is there a point to it or is it just a rant similar the that of clueless democrats?

Mariner said:

Mariner.

There's no reason to be perturbed. We will win. Inconvenience is inconvenient. Taxes suck. IT all makes sense to me. You may be right on color coded chart; we should impeach bush for that quagmire.

No one's trying to silence your speech mariner. I'm just reframing your sentiments in their proper context: idiocy.

Mariner said:
I'm not sure why hard-core Bush Republicans here keep lashing out at Muslims, Democrats, and liberals. We're not in your way. You have the presidency and Congress. Bush can do whatever he wishes. It's not our fault if he keeps making mistakes, e.g. thinking the war would be easy and was over 3 years ago.

Why not direct some of your anger towards the people in charge who have made the real errors--the judgement that a smaller force on the ground would be effective, the judgement that we'd be welcomed with open arms and democracy would flower immediately, or the judgement that the nations of the world would rush to join the "coalition of the willing" rather than fleeing it?

As for Muslims, I have to ask how many you personally know and have discussed issues with... ? What have they personally said that has offended you so much?

And what would you say to all the Republican critics of the President's various policies? Are they all just traitors, or could they be speaking some truth that you don't want to hear?

Mariner.

You're not sure why? How about your party acting like "banshees against Bush" every day?

However the tables are turning, especially after the cartoon incident. At least in Europe. Your Euro lib buddies are starting to reconsider Bush. Maybe he isn't quite so bad after all. Why was ole Chirac shaking out the nuclear cobwebs? Europe is starting to wake up to the truth and the real threat. Hey, even your two-faced leader Hillary is wearing one military boot.

As Europe slides over to Bush's side, whatever are you libs going to cry about then? :D

(actually I'm not naive, I know libs will never admit they're wrong but it will be funny to watch the squirming and twisting of the truth change direction)

dilloduck said:
You did- is there a point to it or is it just a rant similar the that of clueless democrats?

Read my post again, and see the italicized emphasis on the word "and", compared to the "either/or" post I quoted.

Forum List

Back