This is Crazy.

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I took some dividends and bought more high dividend stocks today MKTY has a 31.9% annual yield at its current price. It did not make the cut and I damn near fainted when I realized that it had failed to make the cut because its beta wasn't low enough and its yield wasn't good enough who is shorting all of these nice dividend issues?

no this stunt happened because of panic among those with more money than sense. This is more like the Poles attacking tanks with lances in WWII

I took some dividends and bought more high dividend stocks today MKTY has a 31.9% annual yield at its current price. It did not make the cut and I damn near fainted when I realized that it had failed to make the cut because its beta wasn't low enough and its yield wasn't good enough who is shorting all of these nice dividend issues?
When buying a stock that is paying a very good dividend, make sure it has a history of paying a dividend. Also when you see a stock that looks to good to be true, it probably is to good to be true. Try CIM or GMLP. Both pay a dividend around 10% or higher and have been around a while..Thus proven so far.

When buying a stock that is paying a very good dividend, make sure it has a history of paying a dividend. Also when you see a stock that looks to good to be true, it probably is to good to be true. Try CIM or GMLP. Both pay a dividend around 10% or higher and have been around a while..Thus proven so far.

I'm heavy in energy...ENB is a great one. Itd be greater if the environmental loons would leave them alone

SDLP is another goodie. ECT, SDR and other revenue trusts are also really good. SJT is currently out of my price range but it is usually good position to own but yeah I agree with you. MLPs are usually nice. I like writing calls on my positions to generate more reinvestment funds but no one is buying right now.

The big boys strike yet again...I'd play poker before I'd bet on stocks.

Novices usually get creamed ....poker and stocks.

Novices usually get creamed ....poker and stocks.
I watched my old man try to warn folks about putting eggs in certain baskets when he was a stock broker and investment sales....I buy land something I can poop on if I like..

AAII is really going bearish and that is a very good sign. China seems to be drifting towards one of its standard warring states periods but not real soon, I hope. Japan has one of the world's largest stockpiles of weapons grade uranium and plutonium too. Japan is nearly as despised as China but with better weapons and more of them per capita. So far there is very little blood on the streets in eastern China but the big question is how much of China's GDP is relocating to Indo-China

Forum List

Back