This is cooling?

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
NOAA: Seventh Warmest January for Global Temperatures
February 18, 2009

The combined global land and ocean surface average temperature for January 2009 was the seventh warmest since records began in 1880, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

The analyses in NCDC’s global reports are based on preliminary data, which are subject to revision. Additional quality control is applied to the data when late reports are received several weeks after the end of the month and as increased scientific methods improve NCDC’s processing algorithms.
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - [title]

Ninth Warmest February For Globe, NOAA
ScienceDaily (Mar. 16, 2009) — The combined global land and ocean surface average temperature for February 2009 was the ninth warmest since records began in 1880, according to an analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.
Ninth Warmest February For Globe, NOAA

one month is the 9th warmest month and it PROVES we aren't cooling. :cuckoo:

CO2?

Water Vapor?

Your total failure to understand that relationship is just indictutive of your lack of scientific understanding, period.

Were there to be no CO2 in the atmosphere, the oceans would be frozen, pole to pole. And there would be very, very little water vapor in the atmosphere.

The GHGs absorbtion of outgoing heat is what creates and atmosphere warm enough for water to eveporate. Water vapor is a feedback, not a primary cause. It's residence time is simply too limited.

The constant yapping about global cooling, yet even with the present persistant La Nina, the winter months are in the top ten for warmth, worldwide. You fellows are just plain stupid to keep up the yappng. In the next three years, it is very likely that we will see at least one warmer than 1998 or 2005. And people like me are going to remind you of your persistant stupidity.

We are supposed to be cooling, but January is the seventh warmest January on record, and February is the ninth warmest on record. Seems your cooling is pretty weak in the knees. Don't you think you could jack it up to at least the 50th warmest on record out of 162 years? Wouldn't that look a little better for your arguement? Stupid is as stupid does, and you fellows are certainly doing.

Old Rocks: I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone, but reading your posts are the equivalent of chewing angry, dry sand. Your anger and non-stop bitterness isn't conducive to reading what you have to say, or wanting to understand your point.

I am always concerned about the environment and the world we live in. I grew up in the country and ended up back in the country, and learned long ago that everything is ecologically chained to each other...the point being is that I read with interest any discussions or news articles that are factual and educational.

If you could spend less time writing angry rebuttals and more time showing your reasoning, I would be interested in what you have to say.

We are supposed to be cooling, but January is the seventh warmest January on record, and February is the ninth warmest on record. Seems your cooling is pretty weak in the knees. Don't you think you could jack it up to at least the 50th warmest on record out of 162 years? Wouldn't that look a little better for your arguement? Stupid is as stupid does, and you fellows are certainly doing.

Fuck you asshole. One ninth warmest January or February is irrelevant to whether or not we are cooling or warming. Shows you either know nothing about scientific research or you are just an asshole, or both.

Old Rocks: I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone, but reading your posts are the equivalent of chewing angry, dry sand. Your anger and non-stop bitterness isn't conducive to reading what you have to say, or wanting to understand your point.

I am always concerned about the environment and the world we live in. I grew up in the country and ended up back in the country, and learned long ago that everything is ecologically chained to each other...the point being is that I read with interest any discussions or news articles that are factual and educational.

If you could spend less time writing angry rebuttals and more time showing your reasoning, I would be interested in what you have to say.

He's incapable of doing any such thing.

Agreed. This display by Old Rocks is proof of how upset he is on being called out for his lack of understanding of the very issue he so persistently "debates" in here.

By calling CO2 the primary greenhouse gas, he made an error a highschool level student would not have, thus reducing his credibility on the issue to nothing.

Now his anger has overcome all reason, and he offers nothing to the discourse.

NOAA: Seventh Warmest January for Global Temperatures
February 18, 2009

The combined global land and ocean surface average temperature for January 2009 was the seventh warmest since records began in 1880, according to a preliminary analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

The analyses in NCDC’s global reports are based on preliminary data, which are subject to revision. Additional quality control is applied to the data when late reports are received several weeks after the end of the month and as increased scientific methods improve NCDC’s processing algorithms.
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - [title]

wow! the seventh warmest in 129 years. lets see. 129/6,000,000,000=0.00000215% sample size.

oh, yeah. i'm definitely convinced now. :lol::lol:

CO2?

Water Vapor?

Your total failure to understand that relationship is just indictutive of your lack of scientific understanding, period.

Were there to be no CO2 in the atmosphere, the oceans would be frozen, pole to pole. And there would be very, very little water vapor in the atmosphere.

The GHGs absorbtion of outgoing heat is what creates and atmosphere warm enough for water to eveporate. Water vapor is a feedback, not a primary cause. It's residence time is simply too limited.

European Tribune - Community, Politics & Progress.
Professor Delgado Domingos, one of the leading Portuguese environment scientists, gave a long interview to the Sábado Notícias [Saturday News] magazine, a supplement of the centenary Jornal de Notícias.
–“ There are measurable climate changes but there is also an enormous manipulation in reducing everything to CO2 and equivalents. The main gas producing the green house effect is water vapour. The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.”

The key term is "ideology." These pathetic global-whatever alarmists are desperately searching for meaning in their empty, jejune, meandering existence.

Last edited:

You have a point. However, I do have a pugalist nature, and when I have posted articles from peer reviewed journals, I get far worse said than I give.

As far as angry goes, you are correct. I first heard a post grad student in a geology class give a lecture on this subject in the mid-60s. At the time, the professor stated that the student had made some radical predictions concerning 2100. And it was too bad that none of us would be around to see if his predictions would come true. The predictions he made have all come true.

The article I posted in another thread concerning the loss of as much as 20% to 40% of this years crops is exactly what the climatologists have been predicting. It is occurring far sooner and more severe than predicted.

The world we create is what we hand to our children. To screw it up in the face of known relationships, simply because reality does not agree with one's political ideology, is the epitome of idiocy.

Fuck you asshole. One ninth warmest January or February is irrelevant to whether or not we are cooling or warming. Shows you either know nothing about scientific research or you are just an asshole, or both.

So, 11 of the warmest years on record in the last 13 years has no meaning?

for starters, you were talking about MONTHS, not YEARS, moron.

it will get hotter and hotter and hotter....only american legislators of the democrat persussion can stop it.....no one else.....

CO2?

Water Vapor?

European Tribune - Community, Politics & Progress.
Professor Delgado Domingos, one of the leading Portuguese environment scientists, gave a long interview to the Sábado Notícias [Saturday News] magazine, a supplement of the centenary Jornal de Notícias.
–“ There are measurable climate changes but there is also an enormous manipulation in reducing everything to CO2 and equivalents. The main gas producing the green house effect is water vapour. The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.”

The key term is "ideology." These pathetic global-whatever alarmists are desperately searching for meaning in their empty, jejune, meandering existence.

If there were no CO2 in the atmosphere, the oceans would be frozen pole to pole. And there would be very, very little water vapor in the atmosphere. Do you understand the implications of that statement?

Anthony Watts has generated a huge amount of blogospheric attention with his report on Steve McIntyre’s recalculation of temperature trends. It turns out that the Y2K bug skewed previous data from this decade.
Four of the top 10 years of US CONUS high temperature deviations are now from the 1930s: 1934, 1931, 1938 and 1939, while only 3 of the top 10 are from the last 10 years (1998, 2006, 1999). Several years (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004) fell well down the leaderboard, behind even 1900.
data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.D.txt.

Forum List

Back