This is beyond ridiculous

How do we know it was just the occasional "bless you," and not becoming one of those stupid games I remember playing in high school just to piss the teacher off? High school kids are little punks, and these ones were probably being disruptive with the whole bless you thing because they saw that it pissed the teacher off. Don't you remember being in high school? I remember that as soon as we discovered the teacher would overreact to anything, we would repeat the offending behavior as often as possible. We were little bastards, and these kids are probably no different.
It might be.

It might not be.

Based on what the teacher himself reports, it's not.

How do we know it was just the occasional "bless you," and not becoming one of those stupid games I remember playing in high school just to piss the teacher off? High school kids are little punks, and these ones were probably being disruptive with the whole bless you thing because they saw that it pissed the teacher off. Don't you remember being in high school? I remember that as soon as we discovered the teacher would overreact to anything, we would repeat the offending behavior as often as possible. We were little bastards, and these kids are probably no different.
It might be.

It might not be.

Actually, it's based on what the news outlet chose to air. I just remember how my friends and I acted in high school, so I'm not buying fox news' framing of the story.

This is what I was talking about.... a kid cant help the sneeze, but one can help saying bless you, screw you, or even gad-zoon-tite.

Now, I could be wrong.... if there is something the teacher has said, and I missed it, sorry. This is just my take on it. Teachers now-a-days are uber sensitive to the whole religion thing, so I may be wrong.

I really think we have bigger fish to fry.

It might be.

It might not be.

Actually, it's based on what the news outlet chose to air. I just remember how my friends and I acted in high school, so I'm not buying fox news' framing of the story.
Ok.

I did not know that this is a Fox Story.

Still doesn't change my position.

It might be.

It might not be.

Then read about it from another source. I did.

Would be mildly amusing to follow this teacher around for a day and see how many things he does which are cultural niceties but "don't make sense anymore".

The only thing I can think of offhand is when we say things like 'how's it going' and then walk on. But I bet I'd be reminded of more if I just followed him around looking for them.

Anyway, I hope he always waits to listen for an answer whenever he asks someone 'how are you'.

I finally listened to the Fox version of the story.

Is it saying that the principal agrees that the teacher has a right to discipline the kids for saying "bless you" ... but just find some other way than docking grades?

Yikes. Wellllll ... when my mom was a teacher she might have wished to have such a supportive principal ... but wow, it's hard to believe that the principal would condone punishing people for polite gestures.

Heavy.

I am thinking for myself by positing that there is probably more to the story than just what is being reported by the news outlets, and suggesting that the students themselves probably share a modicum of guilt in instigating the overreaction from the instructor. Going to a different news outlet for a parrot of the same story isn't exactly helping me get a different perspective on the story, and it certainly doesn't fall within the realm of "thinking for myself."

I am thinking for myself by positing that there is probably more to the story than just what is being reported by the news outlets, and suggesting that the students themselves probably share a modicum of guilt in instigating the overreaction from the instructor. Going to a different news outlet for a parrot of the same story isn't exactly helping me get a different perspective on the story, and it certainly doesn't fall within the realm of "thinking for myself."

How dare you blame the innocent children in this story!!!! Just think of the irreparable harm you are doing to their fragile mental states :lol:

Immie

Don't get me wrong, I applaud those who think of possibilities for a situation outside of what is reported.

What I think is pretty close-minded is concluding that a report is wrong because of the source. Assigning it healthy skepticism is healthy and refreshing, so looking at other sources is wise.

What is baseless is concluding that the possibility you imagined is a foregone fact.

I agree with you, and I'm not suggesting that my scenario is a fact. Just that it is likely given the predisposition of high school kids to be annoying little shits! But the teacher could just be an enormous hard ass.

As stated before he can give the child a different punishment. But, he was going to take 25 points off a kids grade .. Lets say such kid does it 2 times a min. Such kid fails his class just because he said bless you . That is what I have a problem with!!!

Saying "bless you" to someone who has sneezed is just commonly accepted courtesy in this country.

The teacher should not lower a student's grade for good manners.

Listen. You idiots live in a Nazi M-pyre..........Do NOT confuse that with Liberalism.
The country is a fucked up piece of shit that YOU voted for.
Go eat your Kelloggs corn Flakes ( genetically modified) Don't forget the hormone and antibiotic laced milk and bleached sugar.
Idiot.

Forum List

Back