this is amusing...lol

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
Nebraska Mayor Implements Shaving `ban'
check out the guys last name...lol

LEXINGTON, Neb. - Beware of going whiskerless in Lexington these days.

Lexington Mayor John Fagot has implemented a "ban" on shaving for every man in town older than 21. Those caught clean-shaven without a shaving permit could face being dunked in a horse tank or other benign punishment.

The mayor implemented the lighthearted ban to get the town in the spirit of this summer's Plum Creek Days, a festival bearing the town's former name. One of the festival's traditional highlights is a beard-growing contest.

The not-so-consequential edict is in effect until July 5, the last day of the three-day festival.

The ban is part of a Lexington-area tradition that began in 1939 with the first Plum Creek Days festival. Those wanting to shave can avoid being arrested and taken to Kangaroo Court by purchasing a special shaving permit.

Along with the shaving ban, the mayor has proclaimed all men and women must dress in Western or historic clothing on Fridays beginning in May.

Kangaroo Court will be held every Friday beginning June 4 and will included "trumped-up charges and fun sentencing," Fagot said.

That's awesome...wow. I wish I lived in a small-town place like that. :D

small towns do have there draw-backs...the neighbors know when you last wiped your ass and also know how much you drink..spend on gambling and the last time you cheat on your spouse...:D among other things

My late grandfather was mayor of a small town in North Dakota for eight years. For the town's 150th anniversary, they had a pioneer festival - and all of the men were required to grow beards.

The festival was great fun!

Forum List

Back