This is America

I like Rap but I didn't like that. Compare this J Cole video and song to This Is America. The message is clear and musically it's far superior in my opinion.

The music's o.k., the message is way inferior. This stuff turns me off of most hip hop.

You think the message of black and black violence and where it comes from is an inferior message to random thoughtless murder?

I need to understand whether you're a troll, or just retarded.

Did you actually watch the video?

Do you honestly believe that that message of the video is that "random thoughtless murder" is a good thing?

You say that like is has to be either/or!

Both is an option!

It's fascinating how defensive this video has made so many posters here.

It kind of indicates on some sub-level they do understand it but will never break down and admit it. That's when they try to pretend the issue is something else.

Exactly what is the point of the OP?

N1ggas are ruthless criminals?
If not, I don't see what it could be, and I don't agree.

When you have to lie to fake a point, you are losing.

:lol:

Each post you make in this thread further proves my point for me.

Do you have anything on topic to contribute, or would you prefer to continue whining?

"Your point for you" Is pretty fail in this thread.
I disagree...He really did not have a 'point' but rather solicited our take. It's art..love it, hate it..or ***yawn*** and move on. But given the spirited discussion..his thread is not a fail...a fail is ***crickets***

BTW..My take on the piece..it's OK---i think they try too hard to make the point..I appreciate subtlety--this was more of a sledgehammer. It was designed to provoke...even though it was cliche-ridden---I would deem it a success--even though it's one of those pieces that many will buy into because they feel they have to..as a social thing--even if it leaves them cold. Parts moved me...I would have appreciated more nuance.

Do you have anything on topic to contribute, or would you prefer to continue whining?
I'm not whining liar. Just pointing out what I think. Then you, scum that you are, twist spin and lie. classic.

"Your point for you" Is pretty fail in this thread.

No, actually I think it's pretty effective.

I realize that you've been desperate to de-legitimize this thread from the start - but if this topic upsets you so much, why bother posting here to begin with?

I'm not whining liar. Just pointing out what I think. Then you, scum that you are, twist spin and lie. classic.

No, you're whining. Desperately.

And we can all see it.

But don't let me stop you from pretending you're "on top" - it's fun to watch.

I like Rap but I didn't like that. Compare this J Cole video and song to This Is America. The message is clear and musically it's far superior in my opinion.

The music's o.k., the message is way inferior. This stuff turns me off of most hip hop.

You think the message of black and black violence and where it comes from is an inferior message to random thoughtless murder?

Do you honestly believe that that message of the video is that "random thoughtless murder" is a good thing?

I was responding to xyz who stated the music in the J Cole video I posted was OK but the message was way inferior. Aren't you a mod? You should try less personal attacks and stick to the topic.

I was responding to xyz who stated the music in the J Cole video I posted was OK but the message was way inferior. Aren't you a mod? You should try less personal attacks and stick to the topic.

Oh my gosh!

You're the first person to notice that I was a moderator here, and try to use that to tell me not to be mean to you!

Now that you've pointed that out, I guess I better change my ways!

Seriously, grow the fuck up. Yes, I'm a moderator here. That doesn't mean I have to be nice to you. I'll treat you just the way you treat me - with utmost disrespect.

You know this is fictional, right?

That actor didn't die. He's still alive.

..but it is suppose to represent something real. I mean the title is This is America.

I can't follow his lyrics, what did he say? Who is his audience? Does he intend to get reactions, if outsiders have no idea what he said? Why should we accept his view of America, when mine is not his? Does he feel batter now that he has expressed his point of view?

You know this is fictional, right?

That actor didn't die. He's still alive.

..but it is suppose to represent something real. I mean the title is This is America.

I can't follow his lyrics, what did he say? Who is his audience? Does he intend to get reactions, if outsiders have no idea what he said? Why should we accept his view of America, when mine is not his? Does he feel batter now that he has expressed his point of view?

I'll try to answer each of your questions in order, to the extent that I can:

what did he say?

Childish Gambino – This Is America Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Who is his audience?

I don't know how to quantify it for sure - but the video has been viewed more than 100,000,000 times since last Saturday - so I'd guess his audience is pretty large.

Does he intend to get reactions, if outsiders have no idea what he said?

You posted in this thread, didn't you?
That's a reaction.

Why should we accept his view of America, when mine is not his?

What is "his" view of America? What is yours?

Does he feel batter now that he has expressed his point of view?

You'd have to ask him that one. I have no idea what his emotional state is.

So...I read the lyrics...is there an English version?

He wants money and thinks he looks good?

I was reacting to your post.

Forum List

Back