This is a Separation of Church and State

☭proletarian☭;2100052 said:
I expected 'liberals' to react this way when it was non-christian holidays that are in question about the separation of church and state. It only proves that the real enemy to 'liberals' is christianity because when christians attempt to add their holidays to the school system then its a crime against the constitution but when other groups do it it is OK.

This was a test and you proved what I already thought. Thank you.
:cuckoo:
☭proletarian☭;2099279 said:
How 'bout we do away with them all and take a day off for pearl harbour and for 9/11?

I could not find a single liberal that wanted to attack this as separation of church and state.

Holidays are holidays - unless religion is actively being taught there is no seperation issue.

I expected 'liberals' to react this way when it was non-christian holidays that are in question about the separation of church and state. It only proves that the real enemy to 'liberals' is christianity because when christians attempt to add their holidays to the school system then its a crime against the constitution but when other groups do it it is OK.

This was a test and you proved what I already thought. Thank you.

Silly boy.

Christmas and Good Friday and sometimes Easter Monday are already recognized Holidays in most (actually all for Christmas) systems.

It only proves that the real enemy is wingnut dishonesty.

So...the school system is adding s Jewish religious holiday and an Islamic religious holiday to a calendar that already recognizes two Christian religious holidays an your little brain somehow construes this as Islamic Indoctrination?????????

The hamster is not only dead but it is decomposing on the wheel.
How 'bout we do away with them all and take a day off for pearl harbour and for 9/11?

you'd rather celebrate being victimized than simply learn about people's diversity?

Remembrance of the heroism of soldiers and emergency personnel and the strength of the American people in times of darkness, uncertainty, and terror is not a 'celebration of victimization.'

That you would even construe such a commemoration in such a way makes me wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Do you honestly believe the Arizona monument is a celebration of death? Do you think the countless monuments to our soldiers around the nation are a celebration of their loss? Is that really what you think? If so, then you're really out of touch with the American people and reality as a whole.

☭proletarian☭;2102774 said:

you'd rather celebrate being victimized than simply learn about people's diversity?

Remembrance of the heroism of soldiers and emergency personnel and the strength of the American people in times of darkness, uncertainty, and terror is not a 'celebration of victimization.'

That you would even construe such a commemoration in such a way makes me wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Do you honestly believe the Arizona monument is a celebration of death? Do you think the countless monuments to our soldiers around the nation are a celebration of their loss? Is that really what you think? If so, then you're really out of touch with the American people and reality as a whole.

the way you deal with being someone's victim is to rebuild and go on like nothing happened. THAT is what you do for terrorists. You never, ever, ever give them the satisfaction.

As for the 'american people', i'd say a percentage might think iike you and a percentage think like me.

i think my way is healthier and i know that everyone here gets really annoyed at the whinging on 9.11 because we don't WANT to revisit that day.

It should be revisited every single flipping day, just as the holocaust is.

Pretending it didn't happen will just ensure it happens again.

It should be revisited every single flipping day, just as the holocaust is.

Pretending it didn't happen will just ensure it happens again.

Failure of the administration of that time to get Bin Laden also proved that you can strike America a grievious blow and get away with it.

it's their business, if you are a believer in state rights, local rights, and rights of the people....

unless you live there, it is not your choice to make for them....though your ''bitching'' about it is perfectly fine! :)
Not quite. States do have autonomy, but as long as they follow the US Constitution. There is to be no state promotion of any religion.

it's their business, if you are a believer in state rights, local rights, and rights of the people....

unless you live there, it is not your choice to make for them....though your ''bitching'' about it is perfectly fine! :)
Not quite. States do have autonomy, but as long as they follow the US Constitution. There is to be no state promotion of any religion.

To be honest with you, states can have some pretty restrictive laws about religion and speech since the first amendment applies to congressional acts. The thing that keeps them in check is that they know that people can leave so they don't have a monopoly on power. That is what makes federalism so great in the protection of our freedoms.

Interesting point here. Christmas may be a celebration of Christ's birth, but it is not the date of that birth. It is an approximate date of the winter solstice, the date of most pagan celebrations. And the Christmas Tree and Yule Log are remnents of those traditions.

Forum List

Back