This is a "Republican" Victory?

Watching Scott Brown's acceptance speech seemed more like a gauntlet being thrown down.

First, he said this was a seat, NOT for Republicans and NOT for Democrats, but for all the people.

During his campaign he NEVER used the word Republican. The word "Republican" never appeared on any of his TV ads or in any print ads or signs. He constantly tried to make a connection to "Jack Kennedy" of all people.

Check it out:

YouTube - Elect Scott Brown, Defeat Martha Coakley! (Massachusetts Special Election Ad by GOP Trust)

Martha Coakley on the other hand. At the beginning of the contest, she was asked if she was going door to door and she publicly answered, "I'm not going to go out and shake hands with a bunch of stangers". That one line probably cost her the election more than anything else.

So, what does this victory mean to Republians? The winner distanced himself from them as far as possible and attempted to establish a connection with a Democratic Icon. That make it seem like a trick or a shell game. It will be interesting to see the public response to his Senate performance.

The other was him saying, "More jobs". Why would Republicans campaign on "more jobs"? They say it's NOT the governments job to make jobs and they want to move the ones we have overseas. Considering that Scott Brown suggested Obama's parents were never married, he seems more like a "teabagger".

So the election may have been cut and dried, but the outcome will be confusing for some time.

One wonders. If Michael Jordon ran for the senate, would he win?

Scott Brown in his own words said "Thank you to the independant voters of massachussetts"

here in his own words at 1:20 in the video he acknowledges just who's voice he was listening to and who put him into office...us INDEPENDANT VOTERS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELDBnXyWCM]YouTube - Scott Brown Victory Speech Part 1 of 3[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :happy-1: :clap2: :funnyface: :beer: :party: :udaman: :party: :beer: :funnyface: :clap2: :happy-1: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Even though I am a Tea Party Supporter I must say WAY TO GO SCOTT BROWN!!!

To the Obamacrats & Big Government Politicians:
CAN YOU HEAR US NOW!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :happy-1: :clap2: :funnyface: :beer: :party: :udaman: :party: :beer: :funnyface: :clap2: :happy-1: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love his nude centerfold.

Me too. I don't care if he dances naked every day.... so long as he represents 'we, the People' he can pitch up in congress naked as the day he was born for all I care.

Scott Brown in Cosmo, Isn't that like the Liberal Democrat Bible? :confused: I guess the little dummiecrats could not bring themselves to vote against such a Cosmopolitan Icon.

[Obama didn't need one republican vote for a whole year to pass anything that he wanted.

The problem for him is that he tried to pass the most radical, leftist, agenda, out there. And even some democrats want to keep their seats.

He did to pass the stimulus. I don't hear conservatives blaming the Republican party for the stimulus package.

Good day to you all! I am new on this forum and want to make my statements from the other side of your world, The Netherlands! This morning my newspaper told me that Obama said that he made mistakes, because the democrats lost the majority of seats in the senate and that this will bring the health insurance plan in trouble. I do not think Obama makes mistakes, he is trying to give the American people health care! Here in Europe it is quite normal that everybody has a health insurance and that everybody get the medical attention they need, even if they don't pay their health insurance bills. In the USA however people are sent away if they are nut insured, which is really not understandable. Even uninsured illegal immigrants get free medical care over here. Nobody will be sent away. The way it has been done so far in the USA, as far as I am informed, is like a third world country which I do not think you want to be called. So herewith I would really like to ask you to support this plan. Don't let Obama down! For the first time in my life there is an American President who is honest and a reliable person. He really does the best he can for the United States and the world loves him. So please, please, please don't give up on Obama.

Welcome to the board.

We are NOT Europe. You are welcome to run your country any way your people choose. Kindly recognize that we are a sovereign nation and don't need Europe to tell us how to live. Thanks.

lol...while we're building hospitals in Iraq with the conservatives' blessing.

First, he said this was a seat, NOT for Republicans and NOT for Democrats, but for all the people.

During his campaign he NEVER used the word Republican. The word "Republican" never appeared on any of his TV ads or in any print ads or signs. He constantly tried to make a connection to "Jack Kennedy" of all people.
Smart move, because he knows that people are basically sick of both parties, not just one or the other. However, he leans a little more the right than the left, if not by much, and he campaigned against Obama's health care reform bill, so his win will be celebrated by the republican party and conservatives.

Martha Coakley on the other hand. At the beginning of the contest, she was asked if she was going door to door and she publicly answered, "I'm not going to go out and shake hands with a bunch of stangers". That one line probably cost her the election more than anything else.
She seems to have a similar attitude to those in power in Washington right now which indeed would help the more "regular" guy get elected.

The other was him saying, "More jobs". Why would Republicans campaign on "more jobs"? They say it's NOT the governments job to make jobs and they want to move the ones we have overseas.
I'm not sure where you're getting this "they want to move jobs overseas" crap from. Does the government outsource it's jobs overseas? If not, then i'm not aware of any legislation passed by the republican party that explicitly forces businesses to outsource their jobs. If you don't understand why companies are moving jobs overseas and have for a while, then well, that's a whole different conversation.

And you premise is completely flawed. Of course it's not the governments' job to create jobs, nor do they have any way of creating jobs without killing others because they have to take in more in taxes to pay anyone they hire (unless they just borrow more to do so). However, they are more than capable of facilitating job creation by chopping down regulations and taxes where you can to give the private sector less overhead to worry about. Less overhead = more working capital = more jobs. If you're not sure what "working capital" means, then just ask and i'll fill you in.

Last edited:
Good day to you all! I am new on this forum and want to make my statements from the other side of your world, The Netherlands! This morning my newspaper told me that Obama said that he made mistakes, because the democrats lost the majority of seats in the senate and that this will bring the health insurance plan in trouble. I do not think Obama makes mistakes, he is trying to give the American people health care! Here in Europe it is quite normal that everybody has a health insurance and that everybody get the medical attention they need, even if they don't pay their health insurance bills. In the USA however people are sent away if they are nut insured, which is really not understandable. Even uninsured illegal immigrants get free medical care over here. Nobody will be sent away. The way it has been done so far in the USA, as far as I am informed, is like a third world country which I do not think you want to be called. So herewith I would really like to ask you to support this plan. Don't let Obama down! For the first time in my life there is an American President who is honest and a reliable person. He really does the best he can for the United States and the world loves him. So please, please, please don't give up on Obama.

Welcome to the board.

We are NOT Europe. You are welcome to run your country any way your people choose. Kindly recognize that we are a sovereign nation and don't need Europe to tell us how to live. Thanks.

Worse, the Republicans supported the new Iraqi Constitution. When you point out that it makes "Islam" the national religion (Article 2) and says all legislation is based on Islam and Article 31 gives all Iraqis the public option in health care, American Confederate Republicans once again lie. They say, "Hey, we have to let Iraqi's govern how they want". And yet, they forced Iraqis to insert an Article making 30% of Parlimentary seats reserved for women. Like they would do that on their own. They were pressured by Republicans.

So Iraq gets a public option and we don't. Thanks Republicans. You screwed us again.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Hi!! Welcome!! I cannot speak for anyone else, of course. But I have felt from the beginning that Obama would do a good job as president. And I still think so. So I guantee you that I will never give up on him.

Welcome to the board.

Worse, the Republicans supported the new Iraqi Constitution. When you point out that it makes "Islam" the national religion (Article 2) and says all legislation is based on Islam and Article 31 gives all Iraqis the public option in health care, American Confederate Republicans once again lie. They say, "Hey, we have to let Iraqi's govern how they want". And yet, they forced Iraqis to insert an Article making 30% of Parlimentary seats reserved for women. Like they would do that on their own. They were pressured by Republicans.

So Iraq gets a public option and we don't. Thanks Republicans. You screwed us again.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution - washingtonpost.com

Iraq is a sovereign nation. It is not bound by our Constitution. Why do lefties have such a problem coping with little facts such as 'we have a Constitution - under which we are governed - that Constitution does NOT remit the federal government to mandate that American citizen MUST buy health insurance'.

Hi!! Welcome!! I cannot speak for anyone else, of course. But I have felt from the beginning that Obama would do a good job as president. And I still think so. So I guantee you that I will never give up on him.

Sucker.

Sucker.

:funnyface:

It was a Republican victory in that he snagged a seat that had been held by a Liberal Democrat for 47 years. It's stunning actually.

Obama now has a challenge delivering the state of the union, winning some R seats in November and getting healthcare reform expediently.

As one of my favorite ex presidents Bush once said, we took a thumpin this time. I actually think it will help Democrats this year.
as delusional as ever

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Obama is just another ego in a suit, Rinata. Put your faith in God, not a man.... no matter who he is. He doesn't give a rats ass about you, I guarantee it.
i think i figured out who Rinata is
shes that woman that thought Obama was gonna pay her rent and put gas in the tank of her car

:lol:
suckers is right

I had her pegged as the "Obama Money" koolaider lady. :lol::lol:
arent they the same one?

Obama is just another ego in a suit, Rinata. Put your faith in God, not a man.... no matter who he is. He doesn't give a rats ass about you, I guarantee it.

Oh, don't worry. I would never put total and complete faith in anybody. And I do have a lot of faith in God. People let each other down all the time because we are human I guess. I always make sure that my expectations of others are reasonable.

Oh, don't worry. I would never put total and complete faith in anybody. And I do have a lot of faith in God. People let each other down all the time because we are human I guess. I always make sure that my expectations of others are reasonable.

But you'll 'never give up' on Obama.... :lol::lol::lol:

Europeans look at Obama and hope he will make us like they are. You know why that is? Because they sold their freedom for nanny states. Now they look at us, just like they did in decades past and see our freedom and they are jealous. So they would prefer we live like they do. Freedom has its price, Rinata. Part of that price is that we don't get taken care of, we take are of ourselves - and each other. We do NOT have a government to do that for us. You want to redistribute my wealth? Over my cold, dead body.

When does he start? I mean really.. It's been a year. :doubt:

welcome aboard.

the majority of Americans have had with Osama and his crooks. we stand solidity opposed !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo]YouTube - Ray Stevens - We The People - RayStevens.com[/ame]​

Forum List

Back