This is a question for Liberals

If you ban profits what will you replace corporations with? I'd like to know.

You don't have to ban profits to replace them. I replaced my commercial for-profit bank with a non-profit credit union for my personal banking,

and now I get cheaper checking, better rates, and better service.

If you ban profits what will you replace corporations with? I'd like to know.

Fascism. We're well on the way now that government picks the winners and the losers.

Picking winners and losers, you mean like Harley Davidson?

Harley-Davidson Loaned $2.3 Billion from Fed

Documents released by the Federal Reserve disclose who benefited from a government loan program during the financial crisis of 2008. The data shows what companies the Federal Reserve purchased commercial paper from with its Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF). Among those accepting the credit boost was motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson. The Motor Company took the Fed up on its emergency lending on 33 separate occasions in 2008 and 2009 to the tune of $2.3 billion.

You conveniently left out a bit of information....
The Federal Reserve made disclosures today that it quietly made short-term loans to major institutions and Fortune 500 companies during the 2008-2009 economic meltdown. Among one of the companies listed as receiving a 3-month Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF) promissory note from the Fed is Harley-Davidson, which received 33 loans totaling $2.3 billion in aid to meet operational needs. Other companies who received economic help include GE (12 loans totaling $16 billion), Verizon (two loans totaling $1.5 billion). Commercial paper was also purchased from McDonalds, UBS ($74.5 billion), AIG ($60.2 billion) and Dexia ($53.5 billion).

The concept of “buying paper” has been mislabeled by other sources as a bailout from the Fed, despite the fact that loans made by the Federal Reserve differ from the bailouts we saw for the auto and banking industries both by being for a short-term duration, and because they only replaced other short-term cash flow loans that disappeared during the financial crisis (that’s what you get for getting financial news from a motorcycle site that spells Warren Buffett’s name like a meal from which guests server their own food, and then over reports his lending amount to Harley-Davidson by over three-fold).

posted the link. the democratic delegates, the cream of the democratic crop are on the video saying just that. now my question is what will they replace corporations with?

posted the link. the democratic delegates, the cream of the democratic crop are on the video saying just that. now my question is what will they replace corporations with?

i'm sure you can get a GOP delegate who thinks the president is from Kenya.

is not having profits part of the DNC platform?

no.

is any prominent person in the party saying there shouldn't be profits?

no.

hmmmmm...

i guess that puts us ahead of GOP birfters.

I doubt they are the cream of the crop.

you have to be, to be chosen as a delegate.

do you know how that process works? and who chooses? it's little political clubs in little towns... choosing from people who volunteer a lot of time. then they get approved locally... there aren't debates and there isn't exactly an IQ test. and the delegates aren't chosen by the president or the rest of the party.

i think you're kind of playing in the silly zone

I doubt they are the cream of the crop.

you have to be, to be chosen as a delegate.

do you know how that process works? and who chooses? it's little political clubs in little towns... choosing from people who volunteer a lot of time.

there isn't exactly an IQ test. and the delegates aren't chosen by the president or the rest of the party.

So we can expect the Democrat leaders to dennounce this thought process when exactly? :eusa_whistle:

Fascism. We're well on the way now that government picks the winners and the losers.

Picking winners and losers, you mean like Harley Davidson?

Harley-Davidson Loaned $2.3 Billion from Fed

Documents released by the Federal Reserve disclose who benefited from a government loan program during the financial crisis of 2008. The data shows what companies the Federal Reserve purchased commercial paper from with its Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF). Among those accepting the credit boost was motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson. The Motor Company took the Fed up on its emergency lending on 33 separate occasions in 2008 and 2009 to the tune of $2.3 billion.

You conveniently left out a bit of information....
The Federal Reserve made disclosures today that it quietly made short-term loans to major institutions and Fortune 500 companies during the 2008-2009 economic meltdown. Among one of the companies listed as receiving a 3-month Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF) promissory note from the Fed is Harley-Davidson, which received 33 loans totaling $2.3 billion in aid to meet operational needs. Other companies who received economic help include GE (12 loans totaling $16 billion), Verizon (two loans totaling $1.5 billion). Commercial paper was also purchased from McDonalds, UBS ($74.5 billion), AIG ($60.2 billion) and Dexia ($53.5 billion).

The concept of “buying paper” has been mislabeled by other sources as a bailout from the Fed, despite the fact that loans made by the Federal Reserve differ from the bailouts we saw for the auto and banking industries both by being for a short-term duration, and because they only replaced other short-term cash flow loans that disappeared during the financial crisis (that’s what you get for getting financial news from a motorcycle site that spells Warren Buffett’s name like a meal from which guests server their own food, and then over reports his lending amount to Harley-Davidson by over three-fold).
So, Harley got money from the 'job creator' private sector or the government?

The FACTS, from your link:

In the case of Harley-Davidson, that principal amount was $2.3 billion and used to produce motorcycles and make loans to buyers, and that lender was the Federal Reserve.

Too funny, again from your article: (that’s what you get for getting financial news from a motorcycle site that spells Warren Buffett’s name like a meal from which guests server their own food...)

and...

"Complicating matters further were issues of leverage, where companies burrow money against their assets and earnings, in order to earn more money."

I wonder if Harley was in collusion with Caterpillar to dig the holes to burrow...:lol:

Forum List

Back