This is a cracker and you will not have seen it in the US.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Its a British action film made on a decent budget. Kenneth More has to rescue the Prince from warring factions in war torn India. They escape on an old steam train.

I should hate it but really it has everything a great film should have. An escape by train, broken rails, blown up bridges,massacres, religious and ethnic tensions and cringe making Indian stereotypes.

The baddy has all the best lines and is right on pretty much everything.

And Lauren Bacall is in it.

Kenneth More was a big star in the UK but perhaps not so much in the US.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Timmy you're a bigot. How dare you use the word cracker but expect people to not use racial insensitive words towards other races.

streits.jpg

Kenneth Moore will always be my favorite actor because he ended up winning Dana Wynter in 'Sink the Bismark'.

sink-the-bismarck-wynter-more.jpg

She was one of my first on-screen crushes. The sight of this German-born beauty in a WREN uniform is stunning.

Timmy you're a bigot. How dare you use the word cracker but expect people to not use racial insensitive words towards other races.
Oh dear. Thats the cultual divide I suppose. Its not a racial term over here.
I had tea a "biscuits" in Manchester and got a cup of tea and some crackers. I have no idea what you people call an American biscuit.

They don't have a 'biscuit'. They have scones, which look like biscuits, but are actually sweet.

Homemade-Buttermilk-Biscuits.jpg

Kenneth Moore will always be my favorite actor because he ended up winning Dana Wynter in 'Sink the Bismark'.

sink-the-bismarck-wynter-more.jpg

She was one of my first on-screen crushes. The sight of this German-born beauty in a WREN uniform is stunning.
Stunning, a real cracker. What did she see in him ?

I had tea a "biscuits" in Manchester and got a cup of tea and some crackers. I have no idea what you people call an American biscuit.
I think you may have got these. They are the quintessential biscuit.
images

They have scones, which look like biscuits, but are actually sweet.
Or not. My favourite cheese scone recipe, for example.

scone1.jpg

Cheese Scones

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 cup full-cream milk

Preheat oven to 220º C. Put the tray in to heat.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper into a bowl. Mix in cheese. Make a well in the centre.

Check you have a clear bench with flour on it, the oven is fully heated. You want the scones to go into the oven as soon as possible.

Add the milk, mix quickly with a knife. Turn out onto a floured bench and quickly shape into a 3 cm thick rectangle. Cut into 8 and put on to your floured, hot tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes. You’ll smell them as they get ready.

Delicious! If you don’t eat them all they freeze well. To reheat put them into an oven for about 5 minutes.
https://lifeandcheese.com

They don't have a 'biscuit'. They have scones, which look like biscuits, but are actually sweet.

So what is an American biscuit ? I remember James Stewart chomping on something in Bend of the River.
"Good biscuits" was his opinion but they did look like scones.

So what is an American biscuit ? I remember James Stewart chomping on something in Bend of the River.
"Good biscuits" was his opinion but they did look like scones.

A savory scone.

I think you may have got these. They are the quintessential biscuit.
images
Yes, kind of like a cookie, but not. More cracker than a cookie.

Forum List

Back