This Inauguration Makes me Proud to be American

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Over two hundred years of peaceful transition of power continnues on.

Despite the polarization of our politics that has gone on for the last forty years, we can still bear the thought of handing power over to the person elected by the majority of electors in the Electoral College.

I pray this streak continues for two more centuries.

This inauguration makes me deeply ashamed that the people of America are of such low information that they reelected a creature that has proven that his is both vile and insane. It's like seeing Charlie Manson take the oath of office.

Despite the polarization of our politics that has gone on for the last forty years, we can still bear the thought of handing power over to the person elected by the majority of electors in the Electoral College.

Well said. Although I also hope that the EC does not differ from the popular vote as that strains the limits of our tolerance

This inauguration makes me deeply ashamed that the people of America are of such low information that they reelected a creature that has proven that his is both vile and insane. It's like seeing Charlie Manson take the oath of office.

That's because you're unamerican and useless. And likening the president of the United States to Charles Manson is disgusting. You should be ashamed -- though I doubt you have the capacity for the necessary self-reflection

Last edited:

Meh, different topic. I dont much care for Obama, but I didnt like ROmney much more.

Why is it that Dems have nothing respectful to say about GOP officials and vice versa?

That such a state exists so ubiquitously in our Republic is a very bad omen.

Well said. Although I also hope that the EC does not differ from the popular vote as that strains the limits of our tolerance[/QUOTE

I agree with the OP, but state-by-state election of the President is the last protection against potential election fraud. Without it, the political machines in our largest cities could manufacture enough votes to throw every election. However, I am not opposed to proportional allocation of electoral votes within States...

That's because you're unamerican and useless. And likening the president of the United States to Charles Manson is disgusting. You should be ashamed -- though I doubt you have the capacity for the necessary self-reflection

I am certainly unnewamerican.

Comparing obama to Manson is insulting, to Charles Manson. Manson has an integrity obama lacks.

Comparing obama to Manson is insulting, to Charles Manson. Manson has an integrity obama lacks.

Its no surprise you made such a stupid analogy......Next thing you"ll say Biden is really a Pokemon

Its no surprise you made such a stupid analogy......Next thing you"ll say Biden is really a Pokemon

Well, with Biden at least that is plausible.

There was a transfer of power?

It is a continuation of our tradition of transfering power, yes, as the inauguration of the elections winner is part of that process whether power is being changed with a specific inauguration or not.

I look at today and know that tonight just before i fall off to sleep
I will be happy that at least we have control of the House of Representatives...
And we can slow this administration down.

Can anyone imagine the kind of debt we would be in if Obama,Reid and Pelosi had total power.

Forum List

Back