This house protected by......

Ernie....

Please just know that I am pretty good ( not perfect ) at telling when someone is bullshitting, embellishing a story or stretching the truth.

You have lied. I brought it to your attention. You got pissed.

I don't have a security system, alarms or signs.
I don't publicize that there are guns in my house.
I do get to know my neighbors.
I no longer have my dogs - they both died of old age.
I do sleep very lightly.
I do have a gun in every room, loaded and ready to use. (out of sight but handy)
There is almost always someone in the house.
We have been trained to use the guns and are fairly good shots.
There is truly nothing in my home that is worth getting caught trying to steal. (and certainly nothing worth dying for)
I have never had a break-in in any place I lived - one attempt and after my wife explained that they might get in the door before the police arrived they could not do it before they were shot - she then worked the slide on the shotgun and they left. I told her she should have waited for them to get inside because that way they couldn't do the same thing to anyone else.
That is how I feel - I would rather stop criminals than let them go and terrorize someone else. Whether you understand it or not some gun owner with the same belief may have prevented a criminal from getting to you.

Last edited:
you slept through a burglary, what exactly would having a gun accomplish? The next time the burglar will know to steal that as you sleep to? LOL
Oh, thanks, that reminds me......that's the other thing armed homeowners tend to do when invaded, they run, hide, or fake being asleep.

oh don't get me wrong, I have guns two of which are available for use in the unlikely event that were burgled , but I don't have silly stickers on my windows and I have dogs which would wake the dead should someone even come into the yard.
It's all good, I wasn't assuming your position.

I am a gun owner, and have actually pre sighted the walls of my bedroom so I can clear the living room out with the 30/30 under the mattress without getting out of bed if I hear things going bump in the night. I live alone, and if my dog is in the bed with me, all hell will break loose.......anyway.

My point, is that I am pretty sure over 90% of the people who think they will execute a shot at an intruder will fail to do so, because people are notoriously way more afraid when a lethal threat presents itself than they think they would be.

Therefore...my side....the second amendment supporter's side....is purporting a losing argument by asserting an armed citizenry will be a successfull security force.

We need to concentrate on the consitutional aspects, and actually define what weapons are protected by it.

My only worry with the gun in home signs would be that it encourages someone to break in, to steal the gun. Something like 15% of all illegal guns are stolen from private citizens.

I encourage criminals to break into homes of known gun owners to steal their guns. Natural selection will sort it out. Meanwhile, a couple hundred dollars on a small safe of a few hundred pounds easily prevents one's gun being stolen when not home.

Forum List

Back