This house protected by......

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
1461114_f260.jpg

adt_yard_sign.gif

15519806-target-and-sight-illustrations-with-bullet-holes.jpg

Which one do you think the criminals are going to most avoid?

• Banned
There are alot of criminals who are very intelligent. That's why they are able to be successful at a life of crime. Not like such a lifestyle is easy.

We had a break in during the middle of the night a couple of months ago, and he took my sons PS3 and games. The stupid pill head decided to sell it at Game Stop, but since I had the serial number from the warranty and had filed a police report, his dumb ass is back in jail. Anyway, I always thought my neighborhood was super safe, but that shook me up since he came into the home while we were sleeping...people like that are desperate, and if one of us had encountered him, or he'd entered our bedrooms looking for more stuff...well, I didn't want my son or I to become another statistic. So I had a security system installed, but also ordered the stickers below for my back sliders and side garage door...because my motivation is to do whatever is necessary to protect my son, and also avoid a confrontation with a low-life criminal who I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if he made the fatal choice to enter my home.

51pYYSxAiEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

We had a break in during the middle of the night a couple of months ago, and he took my sons PS3 and games. The stupid pill head decided to sell it at Game Stop, but since I had the serial number from the warranty and had filed a police report, his dumb ass is back in jail. Anyway, I always thought my neighborhood was super safe, but that shook me up since he came into the home while we were sleeping...people like that are desperate, and if one of us had encountered him, or he'd entered our bedrooms looking for more stuff...well, I didn't want my son or I to become another statistic. So I had a security system installed, but also ordered the stickers below for my back sliders and side garage door...because my motivation is to do whatever is necessary to protect my son, and also avoid a confrontation with a low-life criminal who I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if he made the fatal choice to enter my home.

Good for you. As opposed to what OnTheLeft states about some criminals being intelligent, I'd suggest you back up the threat with an actual gun and training. Some "intelligent" criminals will be willing to call your bluff. Be prepared.

My only worry with the gun in home signs would be that it encourages someone to break in, to steal the gun. Something like 15% of all illegal guns are stolen from private citizens.

Which is true, having those "I'm a badass cuz i've got a GUN!" signs are the worst to have as A) the crooks view this as a challenge that you are some kind of wanna-b tough guy, and they'll be sure to show up heavily armed to take you up on the offer, and B) let's them know there are guns inside, which are some of the top prizes robbers are looking for.

My only worry with the gun in home signs would be that it encourages someone to break in, to steal the gun. Something like 15% of all illegal guns are stolen from private citizens.

Which is true, having those "I'm a badass cuz i've got a GUN!" signs are the worst to have as A) the crooks view this as a challenge that you are some kind of wanna-b tough guy, and they'll be sure to show up heavily armed to take you up on the offer, and B) let's them know there are guns inside, which are some of the top prizes robbers are looking for.

But damn aren't they surprised when the homeowner actually has a gun, training to use it and blows a hole in them? Let them roll the dice. They might get lucky. They might not.

How many folks had to take those billy bada$$ bumper stickers off of everything after their child or their child's friend killed themself with that gun.

Which is greater - The number of people killed in gun accidents or the number of people who actually use their gun at home against a criminal?

Do YOU feel lucky?

Look, I know you're wet-your-pants scared of every little noise, but grown a spine. Stop endangering your family because of your cowardice.

How many folks had to take those billy bada$$ bumper stickers off of everything after their child or their child's friend killed themself with that gun.

Which is greater - The number of people killed in gun accidents or the number of people who actually use their gun at home against a criminal?

Do YOU feel lucky?

Look, I know you're wet-your-pants scared of every little noise, but grown a spine. Stop endangering your family because of your cowardice.

Criminals love soft underbellies. They are so easy to scratch.

$318_sleeping_dog.gif

Is this the first time that you have mentioned this break-in here?

you slept through a burglary, what exactly would having a gun accomplish? The next time the burglar will know to steal that as you sleep to? LOL

you slept through a burglary, what exactly would having a gun accomplish? The next time the burglar will know to steal that as you sleep to? LOL
Oh, thanks, that reminds me......that's the other thing armed homeowners tend to do when invaded, they run, hide, or fake being asleep.

and hope to God he doesn't decide to use it on you as you sleep.

Oh, thanks, that reminds me......that's the other thing armed homeowners tend to do when invaded, they run, hide, or fake being asleep.

oh don't get me wrong, I have guns two of which are available for use in the unlikely event that were burgled , but I don't have silly stickers on my windows and I have dogs which would wake the dead should someone even come into the yard.

Forum List

Back