This headline is VERY wrong

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
This sob story is meant to tug at our hearts and make us want to cry and change things for all the poor "immigrants" illegally in this country.

JUST one problem they are NOT immigrants, they are illegal ALIENS. He broke the law long before he began lying about who he was. He made a conscious choice to continue to break the law and add to the laws he broke by assuming a new identity and lying about who he was.

Would we be getting this sob story as written if some white Felon that had always wanted to help and be a cop illegally assumed someone else's identity and did the same thing, if if said felon was a REAL good cop?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071123/ap_on_re_us/officer_s_secret

This sob story is meant to tug at our hearts and make us want to cry and change things for all the poor "immigrants" illegally in this country.

JUST one problem they are NOT immigrants, they are illegal ALIENS. He broke the law long before he began lying about who he was. He made a conscious choice to continue to break the law and add to the laws he broke by assuming a new identity and lying about who he was.

Would we be getting this sob story as written if some white Felon that had always wanted to help and be a cop illegally assumed someone else's identity and did the same thing, if if said felon was a REAL good cop?

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say, but I DO find this case rather exceptional and interesting.

One major exception being that he was unaware that he was illegal until he expressed a desire to be a cop and his father told him. So you can't really say he started off by breaking the law when in fact his parents did so without his knowledge or consent.

While I am a staunch advocate of immigration laws and enforcing them, I also think that an immigration process that could take up to 10 years could use a little help.

Furthermore, if it's just about doing the right thing, I think firing his brother is bullshit, and that rather than hammer this guy because he is an embarrassment to Fed and local identity thugs and their lackadaisical identity process, his service as a police officer, legal or no, HAPPENED and should be taken into consideration.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say, but I DO find this case rather exceptional and interesting.

One major exception being that he was unaware that he was illegal until he expressed a desire to be a cop and his father told him. So you can't really say he started off by breaking the law when in fact his parents did so without his knowledge or consent.

While I am a staunch advocate of immigration laws and enforcing them, I also think that an immigration process that could take up to 10 years could use a little help.

Furthermore, if it's just about doing the right thing, I think firing his brother is bullshit, and that rather than hammer this guy because he is an embarrassment to Fed and local identity thugs and their lackadaisical identity process, his service as a police officer, legal or no, HAPPENED and should be taken into consideration.

So the ends justify the means? He Knew when he chose to lie about who he was what the deal was. As for his service, it will be taken into account at his sentencing for lying.

So the ends justify the means? He Knew when he chose to lie about who he was what the deal was. As for his service, it will be taken into account at his sentencing for lying.

That's a very narrow viewpoint, IMO. So the fact that this guy served honorably as a law officer means absolutely nothing? Only the fact that he became one the only way he could without going through years and years of bureaucratic BS does?

I can't say I agree with you on this one. This is one of those gray area exceptions, IMO.

What would you have done when you decided to join the Corps if your father had suddenly laid on you that you couldn't because you weren't a legal citizen? Turn yourself in to the nearest INS agent?

That's a very narrow viewpoint, IMO. So the fact that this guy served honorably as a law officer means absolutely nothing? Only the fact that he became one the only way he could without going through years and years of bureaucratic BS does?

I can't say I agree with you on this one. This is one of those gray area exceptions, IMO.

What would you have done when you decided to join the Corps if your father had suddenly laid on you that you couldn't because you weren't a legal citizen? Turn yourself in to the nearest INS agent?
Unlike you, I don't often agree with RGS, however in this case I do. What he 'wanted to be' was closed off, not because of an administrative wrong, but his parents wrong. When the dad told him he would have to return to Mexico and wait perhaps 10 years to re-enter legally, he would have been 26, young enough to do the police gig.

If that didn't suit him, he could have chosen differently. I'm not saying he's not a 'good' person, but what he did went against any oath he took, that means something.

Are you saying that had my great great grandfather not taken an American Indian to be his bride that I too might be in jeapardy? YOU FREAKS ARE JUST SO GODDAMNED PREDICTABLE!!!!!!!!!

Unlike you, I don't often agree with RGS, however in this case I do. What he 'wanted to be' was closed off, not because of an administrative wrong, but his parents wrong. When the dad told him he would have to return to Mexico and wait perhaps 10 years to re-enter legally, he would have been 26, young enough to do the police gig.

If that didn't suit him, he could have chosen differently. I'm not saying he's not a 'good' person, but what he did went against any oath he took, that means something.

Guess I disagree with you too, then. ;)

He told a white lie that was technically illegal, but was not intended to hurt anyone.

He wanted to serve his community and his country as a police officer, and evidently did a good job at it.

This guy has already proved himself to be worthy of being an american. By serving his community in the way he did, he's probably already a better american, in character and values, than most of us on this board.

Give him citizenship I say. These are the kind of people we should want to be americans.

He told a white lie that was technically illegal, but was not intended to hurt anyone.

He wanted to serve his community and his country as a police officer, and evidently did a good job at it.

This guy has already proved himself to be worthy of being an american. By serving his community in the way he did, he's probably already a better american, in character and values, than most of us on this board.

Give him citizenship I say. These are the kind of people we should want to be americans.

He is NOT now, nor EVER a citizen. He chose to hide that fact and to LIE to illegally remain in the country and to acquire a job that no ILLEGAL Alien should ever hold. And it is fitting he won't now be able to legally immigrate to this country. HE made that choice, knowing the consequences of said choice.

I realize to you liberals responsibility is a dirty word. This man is totally responsible for what happened.

What next? When we catch that 30 year old that has been driving for 14 years with no license we should just give him a license because " hey for 14 years he was a good driver"? That fake doctor that practices for 20 years and has hundreds of happy patients, should we when we catch him, just give him a Doctors License?

Don't worry about it RSG. I know where you're coming from. You see the world in black and white, you hate mexicans, and you want to deport every single illegal immigrant - all 12 million of them - back to mexico. Fair enough.

I just think that exceptions can be made. This dude evidently is of good moral character, and served his community in a dangerous job as a police officer. He's already contributed more to his community, than some slackers who hang out on message boards ever have. I might trade a message board slacker, for this guy in a heartbeat. He seems like he'd be a good american. The type of dude we need, and would be proud to have in our community.

I think the GOP really should make it their platform to deport every single illegal immigrant - no exceptions - to mexico. I really think you should make that your platform, and campaign on it.

Don't worry about it RSG. I know where you're coming from. You see the world in black and white, you hate mexicans, and you want to deport every single illegal immigrant - all 12 million of them - back to mexico. Fair enough.

I just think that exceptions can be made. This dude evidently is of good moral character, and served his community in a dangerous job as a police officer. He's already contributed more to his community, than some slackers who hang out on message boards ever have. I might trade a message board slacker, for this guy in a heartbeat. He seems like he'd be a good american. The type of dude we need, and would be proud to have in our community.

I think the GOP really should make it their platform to deport every single illegal immigrant - no exceptions - to mexico. I really think you should make that your platform, and campaign on it.

I agree to the campaign platform and think the Democrats should be honest and make it their platform that everyone one of them should be made legal.

As for the implication I am a slacker, remind me how many years you served in the US Military and in what Branch?

I personally don't hate anyone, takes to much effort to hate. Excuse me if I think our laws should be enforced and that someone stealing someone elses identity to illegally remain in this country is a crime serious enough to put them in jail and deport them.

Ohh and while we are at it, remind me of your opinion of a National Guard Pilot that flys interceptors?

I agree to the campaign platform and think the Democrats should be honest and make it their platform that everyone one of them should be made legal.

As for the implication I am a slacker, remind me how many years you served in the US Military and in what Branch?

I personally don't hate anyone, takes to much effort to hate. Excuse me if I think our laws should be enforced and that someone stealing someone elses identity to illegally remain in this country is a crime serious enough to put them in jail and deport them.

Ohh and while we are at it, remind me of your opinion of a National Guard Pilot that flys interceptors?
The military is a good place for slackers. It's kind of like an alcoholic taking a job in a Muslim nation where alcohol isn't readily available. There need to be options for people who lack self discipline or who have antisocial tendencies.

The military is a good place for slackers. It's kind of like an alcoholic taking a job in a Muslim nation where alcohol isn't readily available. There need to be options for people who lack self discipline or who have antisocial tendencies.

The Marine Corps is NOT a good place for slackers. Any that think so don't last long.

The Marine Corps is NOT a good place for slackers. Any that think so don't last long.
Let's say that it's a good place for people who might otherwise become slackers. ;)

It's a habit of mine: see chain, yank chain. The results aren't always pretty but I enjoy it.

Forum List

Back