This Happened To Me...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
On my way to work this morning, I came upon a lenth of street that goes by a school. There is no school in session now, and hasn't been for almost a month. No kids, no people, no nothing. All closed. BUT, at the far end of the playground, all fenced, this street goes by, and there is a blinking yellow light that says, "15 mph when light is flashing", of which I have a huge problem with. The light is a warning light to go 15 mph when THE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION, AND THERE ARE KIDS AROUND, but there's NOTHING, and as I say, HASN'T been. In any case, there was a car in front of me, and as I was doing 25 mph catching up to it, because she was doing 15, as she saw me approach, she stuck her big, fat arm out the window along with her big, fat head, and howled at me to slow down. I thought nothing of it. I passed her and was going to ignore her. At the stop light which isn't far up from this stretch of road, she pulled up beside me and stuck her big fat ugly head out the window and started bitching at me AGAIN! I had my windows up and the air on, and was GOING to try and ignore her, but with her actions, I decided to say something, so I rolled down my passenger window and said, "lady, do you see any kids"? "NO, you don't, because there isn't any school you moron", and rolled my window back up.

Now in my opinion, she harrassed me TWICE! I could have been a road rager and pulled out a pistol and blew her face off for fucking with me. Second, she wasn't driving a squad car and wasn't a cop, so it wasn't her fucking job to admonish me in any shape, way or form. She got what she asked for by sticking her big, fat, ugly head out the window and fucking with a complete stranger TWICE, who would have ignored her if she'd have just let it go.

Now, who's in the right here? I welcome any responses. You won't hurt my feelings if you tell me I was wrong. Please just do it in a decent manner.

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Lemme guess- was she in a minivan?

(Pet peeve of mine. Don't lose weight- just by a bigger car to fit your big butt in. Apologies to those of you who actually have several kids and actually have a good reason to buy a minivan).

Pale Rider said:
On my way to work this morning, I came upon a lenth of street that goes by a school. There is no school in session now, and hasn't been for almost a month. No kids, no people, no nothing. All closed. BUT, at the far end of the playground, all fenced, this street goes by, and there is a blinking yellow light that says, "15 mph when light is flashing", of which I have a huge problem with. The light is a warning light to go 15 mph when THE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION, AND THERE ARE KIDS AROUND, but there's NOTHING, and as I say, HASN'T been. In any case, there was a car in front of me, and as I was doing 25 mph catching up to it, because she was doing 15, as she saw me approach, she stuck her big, fat arm out the window along with her big, fat head, and howled at me to slow down. I thought nothing of it. I passed her and was going to ignore her. At the stop light which isn't far up from this stretch of road, she pulled up beside me and stuck her big fat ugly head out the window and started bitching at me AGAIN! I had my windows up and the air on, and was GOING to try and ignore her, but with her actions, I decided to say something, so I rolled down my passenger window and said, "lady, do you see any kids"? "NO, you don't, because there isn't any school you moron", and rolled my window back up.

Now in my opinion, she harrassed me TWICE! I could have been a road rager and pulled out a pistol and blew her face off for fucking with me. Second, she wasn't driving a squad car and wasn't a cop, so it wasn't her fucking job to admonish me in any shape, way or form. She got what she asked for by sticking her big, fat, ugly head out the window and fucking with a complete stranger TWICE, who would have ignored her if she'd have just let it go.

Now, who's in the right here? I welcome any responses. You won't hurt my feelings if you tell me I was wrong. Please just do it in a decent manner.

Nah, you got it right...if she was too stupid to realize the lower speed light was not supposed to be flashing since school is out, she deserved a telling off.

Abbey Normal said:

(Pet peeve of mine. Don't lose weight- just by a bigger car to fit your big butt in. Apologies to those of you who actually have several kids and actually have a good reason to buy a minivan).

She was in a green Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I just felt that she was a huge busy body. It wasn't and isn't her place to tell me how to drive or what signs to follow. If she wants to drive around policing how people drive, then go to fucking police school and be cop, otherwise keep your fucking mouth shut, or CALL the police.

MissileMan said:
Nah, you got it right...if she was too stupid to realize the lower speed light was not supposed to be flashing since school is out, she deserved a telling off.

I thought I was nice... :dunno:

She DEFINITELY wouldn't have wanted to hear me after I've built up a head of steam... :dev2:

Pale Rider said:

I just felt that she was a huge busy body. It wasn't and isn't her place to tell me how to drive or what signs to follow. If she wants to drive around policing how people drive, then go to fucking police school and be cop, otherwise keep your fucking mouth shut, or CALL the police.

She was out of line. I think you showed great restraint.

Abbey Normal said:
She was out of line. I think you showed great restraint.

You want to hear the kicker? When I got to work, I got called on the carpet and BITCHED at for calling her a moron... "because I had my work shirt on". She had called there and complained to my boss, whom told me that anywhere, anytime, I had to conduct myself in a professional manner as long as I had my work shirt on. I told him that what I do on my own time is none of the companies damn business, and that from now on I won't be wearing the damn shirt either to or from work.

I was so pissed. It ate at me all day, and I went home early.

Pale Rider said:
You want to hear the kicker? When I got to work, I got called on the carpet and BITCHED at for calling her a moron... "because I had my work shirt on". She had called there and complained to my boss, whom told me that anywhere, anytime, I had to conduct myself in a professional manner as long as I had my work shirt on. I told him that what I do on my own time is none of the companies damn business, and that from now on I won't be wearing the damn shirt either to or from work.

I was so pissed. It ate at me all day, and I went home early.

That happened to my ex all the time with one specific company he worked for. Luckily is boss understood, having drove a truck himself for more years than he can probably remember.

we dont have too many lights of that type here. we have signs that say " 15 mph on school days when children are present."
i got some grief from a bus driver one time in the company truck. she road down 2 blocks with her flashers on, but when i started to get past her she threw out the stop sign suddenly and yelled something at me. i didnt respond cause i was in a mediacom truck and value my job...lol
but i told my supervisor about it and he said not to worry about it if i didnt get a ticket.

Someone I know was driving a company truck
when another driver made what he thought was
a very dumb move.

He followed her for a bit laying hard on the horn.

A few hours after he got back to work, he was
unemployed- it was the owner's wife who had ticked him off.

USViking said:
a very dumb move.

yeah thats a good way to be out of a job for sure!

Pale Rider said:

Two points:

1.) common sense says you were correct

2.) it doesn't matter that school is out, since that light is flashing, they can and will pull you over for speeding. it's happened to me.

USViking said:
a very dumb move.

And that is the last twist to this story. The big, fat, ugly broad that shot her mouth off at me is a good customer at where I work. I think that was the major reason I got my ass chewed.

Had I got fired for something I did, "off the clock, on my own time", I would have had my employer in court suing his ass faster than he could spit, and whether or not I was wearing my work uniform or not would have to have been deemed pertinent by a judge. It actually doesn't say anywhere on my uniform, the name of where I work. This fat headed bitch was just familiar with it, and luckily knew.

I'd have sued the employer in the above story too USViking.

Reminds me of something that happened one time. We were driving down the street one Saturday morning and some guy in a "normal" car turned onto the road - very wide turn. Had I not been watching, he would have hit me. The only reason he missed me was because I watched him and ended up swerving out of the way. We pull up next to each other at the red light and I yelled out the window that he needed to watch it on those turns, he almost hit me. He shot me a look like I was crazy and said he didn't turn that wide. He said he was trying to get an address of where his next appointment was and I was over-reacting. I proceeded to tell him that if he had paid more attention to what he was doing instead of talking on the phone, he would have seen that he was half way in my lane. We argued a bit, nothing major, and finished with me saying, "Watch the damn road!"

We were on the way to our business to get an estimate for weekly housekeeping.

You all know where this is going don't you?

No, they didn't get our business.

Abbey Normal said:

Apology accepted.

GotZoom said:
Reminds me of something that happened one time. We were driving down the street one Saturday morning and some guy in a "normal" car turned onto the road - very wide turn. Had I not been watching, he would have hit me. The only reason he missed me was because I watched him and ended up swerving out of the way. We pull up next to each other at the red light and I yelled out the window that he needed to watch it on those turns, he almost hit me. He shot me a look like I was crazy and said he didn't turn that wide. He said he was trying to get an address of where his next appointment was and I was over-reacting. I proceeded to tell him that if he had paid more attention to what he was doing instead of talking on the phone, he would have seen that he was half way in my lane. We argued a bit, nothing major, and finished with me saying, "Watch the damn road!"

We were on the way to our business to get an estimate for weekly housekeeping.

You all know where this is going don't you?

No, they didn't get our business.
LOL..Reminds me of when as a young CWO1..I told some guy to F-off in the BOQ late
one afternoon. (young helicopter pilots were like that)
Next morning on the way to work in uniform, I get on the elevator and he gets on right behind me, also in uniform, A DAMN MAJOR!!!Just me and him, I was sweating bullets on the 6 floor ride!
He said nothing, and I kept my mouth shut too and never spouted off at anyone like that again.. :bow3:

Pale Rider said:

You're right, it was none of her business. I probably would have just tried to ignore her, though.

Forum List

Back