This guy needs to suffer long and slow

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
I remember this story all too well ward weaver story

Stop the Pain’
Man Accused of Kidnapping, Killing Two Girls Mentally Ill, Lawyers Say

O R E G O N C I T Y, Ore., April 21 — A judge was expected to decide today whether the man accused of kidnapping and killing two Oregon City girls is mentally fit to stand trial for their murder, but now that decision could be on hold, after the man's lawyers asked to be removed from the case.

Ward Weaver, 41, faces multiple counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of Ashley Pond, 12, and Miranda Gaddis, 13, two girls who lived in an apartment complex near Weaver's home and vanished two months apart in early 2002.

Both girls disappeared early in the morning, when they were on their way to school. Their bodies were found in August 2002, buried in the back yard of Weaver's property.

Weaver is scheduled to go on trial in their deaths in June, but if the Clackamas County judge decides that he is not mentally fit, the case could be put on hold indefinitely.

Instead, Weaver would go to the Oregon State Hospital in Salem for treatment until he is deemed able to play a role in his defense.

Weaver's court-appointed lawyers, Peter Fahy and Michael Barker, both of Corvallis, filed a motion in March claiming that Weaver has shown himself to be unstable and that he is unable to help them prepare his defense.

On Monday, though, Fahy and Barker filed a new motion, asking to be removed from the case and claiming that Weaver has essentially fired them. The motion was made public late Tuesday.

"The attorneys are unable to communicate with their client about the case, and cannot inform him of decisions or suggestions, and get, or gauge, his response," the motion said.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I remember this story all too well ward weaver story

Stop the Pain’
Man Accused of Kidnapping, Killing Two Girls Mentally Ill, Lawyers Say

O R E G O N C I T Y, Ore., April 21 — A judge was expected to decide today whether the man accused of kidnapping and killing two Oregon City girls is mentally fit to stand trial for their murder, but now that decision could be on hold, after the man's lawyers asked to be removed from the case.

Ward Weaver, 41, faces multiple counts of aggravated murder in the deaths of Ashley Pond, 12, and Miranda Gaddis, 13, two girls who lived in an apartment complex near Weaver's home and vanished two months apart in early 2002.

Both girls disappeared early in the morning, when they were on their way to school. Their bodies were found in August 2002, buried in the back yard of Weaver's property.

Weaver is scheduled to go on trial in their deaths in June, but if the Clackamas County judge decides that he is not mentally fit, the case could be put on hold indefinitely.

Instead, Weaver would go to the Oregon State Hospital in Salem for treatment until he is deemed able to play a role in his defense.

Weaver's court-appointed lawyers, Peter Fahy and Michael Barker, both of Corvallis, filed a motion in March claiming that Weaver has shown himself to be unstable and that he is unable to help them prepare his defense.

On Monday, though, Fahy and Barker filed a new motion, asking to be removed from the case and claiming that Weaver has essentially fired them. The motion was made public late Tuesday.

"The attorneys are unable to communicate with their client about the case, and cannot inform him of decisions or suggestions, and get, or gauge, his response," the motion said.

Sick

A judge was expected to decide today whether the man accused of kidnapping and killing two Oregon City girls is mentally fit to stand trial for their murder....

Do we ask whether a wild animal that mauls someone is mentally fit? No, because it's mental fitness does not excuse guilt. So we put it down.

This individual should be treated no differently.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Do we ask whether a wild animal that mauls someone is mentally fit? No, because it's mental fitness does not excuse guilt. So we put it down.

This individual should be treated no differently.

Seriously. What difference does it make if you kill him when he's insane or you kill him when he's mentally ok. He killed the 2 girls brutally. Why waste extra money trying to rehabilitate him and then kill him?

Originally posted by insein
Why waste extra money trying to rehabilitate him and then kill him?

I suppose because it would be illegal to do otherwise.
But your question is rhetorical, I gather. ;)

Forum List

Back