This guy is badass

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Yes I watched the whole video.
How long have you been playing, cause I see KIDS who can do this???

I'm not a pro by any means but I've played for 12 years off and on and been in a few bands. I don't think that there are many people that can play better than this guy. If they exist then there must be some footage of them.

Out of curiosity who are some people who you would consider to be the best guitarrists?

Andre Segovia
Sat
Vai
Zappa
Hammet
Eric Johnson
SRV
Page
Eddie Van Halen
Rhoads
Malmsteen
Jerry Donahue
Joe Pass

Just to name a few...

Powerman said:
That's painfully easy.
Maybe, I wouldn't know. I still liked it, and I was impressed.

As for Yngwie, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would point out that while he plays his fingers are a blur, literally. Like a magician, they move faster than the frame rate of a human eye.

Kid was good, but I didn't see him do that, especially not for an extended period of time like Yngwie does.

Besides we are just talking about technical proficiency here.

If I had to pick the best guitarist on an aesthetic level that would be different and much more subjective. Aesthetically I still like Malmsteen, but not as much as Clapton, or Gilmour, or George Harrison.

You're all wrong. Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Ry Cooder, Leadbelly all influenced taught and worked closely with many of the greats like Jimmi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Duane Alman and so many more. That's where it all began.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Andre Segovia
Sat
Vai
Zappa
Hammet
Eric Johnson
SRV
Page
Eddie Van Halen
Rhoads
Malmsteen
Jerry Donahue
Joe Pass

Just to name a few...

You forgot Bettencourt...

Said1 said:
You're all wrong. Robert Johnson, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Ry Cooder, Leadbelly all influenced taught and worked closely with many of the greats like Jimmi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Duane Alman and so many more. That's where it all began.

Being the old fart that I am...it dates back to the late 1950's...actually earlier I brought up the Ventures to spark interest...no takers...so I must confess...the King of Guitars is non other than Dick Dale...a Southern California dude..

Dick Dale: "Father of Heavy Metal"...quote from Guitar Player Magazine...Invented Surf Music in the late 1950's not the 60's as is commonly believed....Given the title "King of Surf guitar"...collaborated with his friend "Leo Fender" the guitar and amplifier guru...

Dale is also a 'master at the acoustic,electronics,bass and spanish guitars' as well as the ukulele,banjo,drums,piano,organ,electronic keyboard,harpsicord,trumpet,trombone,saxaphone,harmonica,xylophone and believe it or not...the accordian!

He and Fender came up with "The Fender tank Reverb" for all you true dedicated buffs!

So for all this diatribe is worth...I stand my ground and say Dick Dale is the father to all the above listed rockers! :mm:

archangel said:
Being the old fart that I am...it dates back to the late 1950's...actually earlier I brought up the Ventures to spark interest...no takers...so I must confess...the King of Guitars is non other than Dick Dale...a Southern California dude..

Dick Dale: "Father of Heavy Metal"...quote from Guitar Player Magazine...Invented Surf Music in the late 1950's not the 60's as is commonly believed....Given the title "King of Surf guitar"...collaborated with his friend "Leo Fender" the guitar and amplifier guru...

Dale is also a 'master at the acoustic,electronics,bass and spanish guitars' as well as the ukulele,banjo,drums,piano,organ,electronic keyboard,harpsicord,trumpet,trombone,saxaphone,harmonica,xylophone and believe it or not...the accordian!

He and Fender came up with "The Fender tank Reverb" for all you true dedicated buffs!

So for all this diatribe is worth...I stand my ground and say Dick Dale is the father to all the above listed rockers! :mm:

You do know most of the guys I mentioned pre-date Dale? I included you in the "incorrect" category. Don't hate. :D

Said1 said:
You do know most of the guys I mentioned pre-date Dale? I included you in the "incorrect" category. Don't hate. :D

however they were really dated in retrospective as it applies to the topic at hand...Dick and Fender were masters...and created the sound we all like and admire! :dance:

ps:Don't hate...and yes Dick Dale kicks all the above listed "Ass"..... :funnyface

archangel said:
however they were really dated in retrospective as it applies to the topic at hand...Dick and Fender were masters...and created the sound we all like and admire! :dance:

Whatever. Your wrong. I'm right, deal.

Had it not been for those who pre-dated hiim, he'd have nothing to copy and expand upon.

Also, there are plenty of "other" sounds, all of which are not attributted to him. So wrong again. Deal again.

Said1 said:
Whatever. Your wrong. I'm right, deal.

Had it not been for those who pre-dated hiim, he'd have nothing to copy and expand upon.

Also, there are plenty of "other" sounds, all of which are not attributted to him. So wrong again. Deal again.

I gave my opinion as did you...just a matter of symantics and preferrance...so who is wrong or right is not the issue! :dance:

archangel said:
I gave my opinion as did you...just a matter of symantics and preferrance...so who is wrong or right is not the issue! :dance:

Oh. Really? I thought I was "off-topic" as you would be by brining up Dale. :p:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
GET A ROOM!!!! :kiss2:

she hates old farts and former surfers!....sigh....! Then again...maybe just me!...oh well...sigh! :bangheads

Forum List

Back