This GOP Economy- Austerity and Paralysis is ruinous...

. Taxes cannot be a crushing burden

most businesses are pass through entities so the tax comes right out of the owners profits and salary. The higher the tax the less he has to grow his business and increase employment

because they are always after salaries and expenses. If the company makes no earnings, not excess revenues after expenses and salaries, they pay no taxes. The only way the company is going to get crushed is if 1) they are stupid enough to price below costs or 2) no one wants there product. If they price at costs, they pay no taxes because they have no earnings before taxes. If they price above cost and make sales, then they have profits regardless of the taxes. Taxes are not 100%.

The problem is, they can't do the math. They can't do business accounting.
[/QUOTE]
Wrong again. Once more, the simple truth.
Some, not most, companies pay pass through taxes.
Taxes are paid on profit. No profit, no tax. So, let's assume that a company makes $500K in profit, and there are 5 shareholders. Then each makes $100K. And pays their normal tax, at the $100K level. Since the tax code is progressive, each pays at a lower rate than if the the tax was on the total (in this case $500K) profit. Which is exactly why some companies, LLC's (Limited Liability Corporations) or Partnerships, choose this method of paying taxes. Typically they are smaller companies.

Relative to your simplistic statement that they are therefor not able to finance growth:
If a company is profitable, they can finance growth by selling stock or taking a loan. As long as there is demand for what they want to produce, they will do so. If there is not sufficient demand, they will not. Now the problem. Businesses are doing really well, overall. A look at the gains in the stock market over the past 2-3 years shows that. However, as long as unemployment is high, they can work their employees harder, put off hiring, and increase their profits that much more. Always happens after a major recession.

Last edited:
And please, someone, explain how you believe that the republican platform, based on three concepts, will help this economy;
1, Decrease Taxes
2. Stop government Spending
3. Eliminate regulation

I know of no instance where this has worked. Makes no logical sense, is against the belief of almost all economists, and has no history of working.

Read up.

Depression of 1920

Bruce Bartlett:

"In short, so-called pass-through entities that are taxed only at the individual level represent the largest form of business organization, and one that has grown rapidly since 1986."

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow, very slow????

Bruce Bartlett:

"In short, so-called pass-through entities that are taxed only at the individual level represent the largest form of business organization, and one that has grown rapidly since 1986."

Yes, there are more S corps than C corps. C corps being the non pass through and s corps being the pass through type. However, revenue from C corps make up about 65% of tax income. Cross over came in the late 80's. (data from the source you quoted, by Bartlett) See, ed, it is possible to correct your error. You should try it some time.

Is this the point I should insult you?? Just wondering. Insulting someone you do not know is just so childish.

Last edited:

Bruce Bartlett:

Yes, there are more S corps than C corps. C corps being the non pass through and s corps being the pass through type. However, revenue from C corps make up about 65% of tax income. Cross over came in the late 80's. (data from the source you quoted, by Bartlett) See, ed, it is possible to correct your error. You should try it some time.

Is this the point I should insult you?? Just wondering. Insulting someone you do not know is just so childish.

so you do now believe business taxes are passed through and so should be eliminated because they distract business from business and don't contribute to government revenue??

Insulting someone you do not know is just so childish.

but dear I do know you, you're a liberal and that makes you an idiot. Sorry. Its easy enough to prove too. Watch. Please say something intelligent in support of liberalism.

Bruce Bartlett:

so you do now believe business taxes are passed through and so should be eliminated because they distract business from business and don't contribute to government revenue??
No, I do not. Nor did your hero, Ronald Reagan. Or do you think Reagan was too stupid to know what to do. Spend some time doing just a little research.

And please, someone, explain how you believe that the republican platform, based on three concepts, will help this economy;
1, Decrease Taxes
2. Stop government Spending
3. Eliminate regulation

I know of no instance where this has worked. Makes no logical sense, is against the belief of almost all economists, and has no history of working.

The Forgotten Depression of 1920 - Thomas E. Woods, Jr. - Mises Daily

"The economic situation in 1920 was grim. By that year unemployment had jumped from 4 percent to nearly 12 percent, and GNP declined 17 percent. No wonder, then, that Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover — falsely characterized as a supporter of laissez-faire economics — urged President Harding to consider an array of interventions to turn the economy around. Hoover was ignored.

Instead of "fiscal stimulus," Harding cut the government's budget nearly in half between 1920 and 1922. The rest of Harding's approach was equally laissez-faire. Tax rates were slashed for all income groups. The national debt was reduced by one-third.

The Federal Reserve's activity, moreover, was hardly noticeable. As one economic historian puts it, "Despite the severity of the contraction, the Fed did not move to use its powers to turn the money supply around and fight the contraction."[2] By the late summer of 1921, signs of recovery were already visible. The following year, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923."

You were saying?

No, I do not. .

dear, please tell us why corporate taxes should not be eliminated. How will you learn if you are afraid to try?

Did you think you fooled anyone by trying to change the subject to Reagan??

Last edited:
No, I do not. .

dear, please tell us why corporate taxes should not be eliminated. How will you learn if you are afraid to try?

Did you think you fooled anyone by trying to change the subject to Reagan??
First, I would check out the rest of the world and see which country has eliminated corporate taxes with good results. And There are NONE. Which would make me think 'Gees, maybe not such a good idea."
Second, I would consider the motivation of the person pushing the idea. And I would say, "Gees, a tea party con. They push this concept at their meetings. I have seen it and they can not defend it."
Third, I would consider who benefits: Well obviously, the corporation. It can increase its profits.
Fourth, I would consider who looses: Non corporate tax payers. They get to pick up the cost that the corporations would avoid by not paying taxes. The middle and lower classes pay more, the corporation pays less. Con utopia.
Fifth, I would consider what type of economy that would lead to. Easy enough, a libertarian economy.
And I would say, has that ever worked? Are there any libertarian economies in the world. And the answer is NO. Except, maybe, Somolia.
And then, I would stop considering it. I would realize, after about a total of 10 seconds of thought, that this is simply another really stupid idea directed by the corporate masters who control Ed's mind.

First, I would check out the rest of the world and see which country has eliminated corporate taxes with good results.

1) why check out the rest when we are the richest and have the least government??

2) Why be so afraid to tell us why the corporate tax helps our society rather than harms it as libertarians claim??

How will you learn if you are afraid to try? Do you want to be a liberal all your life.

Forum List

Back