This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped Donald Trump.

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected
One of the original kings of fake news thinks he might have helped get Trump elected, and he’s not happy about it.
38-year-old Paul Horner, who runs a network of viral fake-news site (he calls them satire), has been making a living off the practice for years. And he’s big. He says he makes $10,000 per month from Google’s AdSense alone, the source of most of his revenue.
But Horner says that with the rise of Trump, fake news has reached a whole new level.
“It’s real scary,” he told The Washington Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,” Horner continued. “I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they will post everything, believe anything.(True) His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.” (I remember USMB posters quoting his article and biting on the Craigslist ad. :)laugh:).
This fake-news writer says he makes over $10,000 per month, and thinks he helped get Donald Trump elected

Last edited:
One of the original kings of fake news thinks he might have helped get Trump elected, and he’s not happy about it.
38-year-old Paul Horner, who runs a network of viral fake-news site (he calls them satire), has been making a living off the practice for years. And he’s big. He says he makes $10,000 per month from Google’s AdSense alone, the source of most of his revenue.
But Horner says that with the rise of Trump, fake news has reached a whole new level.
“It’s real scary,” he told The Washington Post. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”
My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,” Horner continued. “I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they will post everything, believe anything.(True) His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.” (I remember USMB posters quoting his article and biting on the Craigslist ad. :laugh:).

I have been reading a little about the Satire News and how many might have been duped into believing the stories, but all one has to do is google the story and they will discover that it was satire and not meant to be real...

It amazes me how many Americans can be duped into believing satire is real. It remind me of the War of the Worlds incident where a few Americans thought it was really happening.

The War of the Worlds (radio drama) - Wikipedia

I guess the American Public believe Tabloid and Satire nonsense before going to google and bing to discover they were duped...

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,” Horner continued. “I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they will post everything, believe anything.(True) His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.” (I remember USMB posters quoting his article and biting on the Craigslist ad. :laugh:).

I have been reading a little about the Satire News and how many might have been duped into believing the stories, but all one has to do is google the story and they will discover that it was satire and not meant to be real...

It amazes me how many Americans can be duped into believing satire is real. It remind me of the War of the Worlds incident where a few Americans thought it was really happening.

I guess the American Public believe Tabloid and Satire nonsense before going to google and bing to discover they were duped...
You have met Sonny Clark, right?

You have met Sonny Clark, right?

Unfortunately yes...

Again one of those that would have believed the War of the Worlds was happening while not leaving their bunker to see it was a peaceful day outside...

All the alphabet media running with the fake Miss Piggy story, the fake I was raped at age 13 by Trump and Epstein story, the fake he groped me on the plane story PROVE that there are fake news outlets out there.

:)

Thanks for making a thread on this. I laid this out in another thread but it was in the FZ, which in the bizarro world of USMB somehow "doesn't count"

An article in New York Magazine last week, bluntly titled, “Donald Trump Won Because of Facebook,” made the case that, “the most obvious way in which Facebook enabled a Trump victory has been its inability (or refusal) to address the problem of hoax or fake news.”

An investigation by BuzzFeed News published less than a week prior to the election traced about 100 political “news” sites trafficking in fake stories — most of them extremely pro-Trump — to a single small town in the Balkan state of Macedonia, where groups of college students and teenagers discovered they could rake in big bucks by generating phony “news” stories favorable to Trump or damaging to Hillary Clinton, and sharing them on Facebook where they would quickly go viral. <<

Like, such as.....

• "Yoko had an affair with Hillary".....
  • "Hillary has Parkinson's" (dementia, cancer, Globner's Disease, the hearbreak of psoriasis, etc etc etc)
  • "Bill Clinton's illegitimate black son" .... (that Bill Clinton wasn't running for office seems not to have occurred to the Ministry of Disinformation)
  • "Get those fucking retards out of here..."
  • The tweet and others like it posted by Rump himself:
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

3:29 PM - 16 Oct 2016
---- Etc etc ad infinitum; the complete list makes a cute trivia quiz and can be accessed by a look at the topics created in the Politics forum. It's as if the two sides of the collective brain have been irrevocably split and we just run on what feels good rather than on what actual facts are.

It's well known that that practice leads to ebola..

Source article for above quote: Did Nosebook win election for Rump?

Sure did. Because Nosebook knows as well as Rump does that you can sell a deep freezer to an Eskimo if you exploit that emotional Achilles heal, and that there's enough unwashed masses born every minute to make a profit from it.
[/QUOTE]

>> What do the Amish lobby, gay wedding vans and the ban of the national anthem have in common? For starters, they’re all make-believe — and invented by the same man.

Paul Horner, the 38-year-old impresario of a Facebook fake-news empire, has made his living off viral news hoaxes for several years. He has twice convinced the Internet that he’s British graffiti artist Banksy; he also published the very viral, very fake news of a Yelp vs. “South Park” lawsuit last year.

But in recent months, Horner has found the fake-news ecosystem growing more crowded, more political and vastly more influential: In March, Donald Trump’s son Eric and his then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, even tweeted links to one of Horner’s faux-articles. His stories have also appeared as news on Google.

imrs.php

"Honestly, people are definitely dumber. They just keep passing stuff around. Nobody fact-checks anything anymore — I mean, that’s how Trump got elected. He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it

... My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist."
Why? I mean — why would you even write that?

"Just ’cause his supporters were under the belief that people were getting paid to protest at their rallies, and that’s just insane. I’ve gone to Trump protests — trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump. I just wanted to make fun of that insane belief, but it took off. They actually believed it.

I thought they’d fact-check it, and it’d make them look worse. I mean that’s how this always works: Someone posts something I write, then they find out it’s false, then they look like idiots. But Trump supporters — they just keep running with it! They never fact-check anything! Now he’s in the White House. Looking back, instead of hurting the campaign, I think I helped it. And that feels [bad]." --- Noseboook Fake News Writer: I think Rump is In the White House Because of Me

Actually I remember that "three million Amish" story. :lol: Somebody here actually bought it and ran it as a thread here. One a them thar Useful Idiots

--- matter of fact I even earned me a "STFU" for that post, which is the best confirmation I could ask that I'm on the right track.

Thanks for making a thread on this. I laid this out in another thread but it was in the FZ, which in the bizarro world of USMB somehow "doesn't count"

An article in New York Magazine last week, bluntly titled, “Donald Trump Won Because of Facebook,” made the case that, “the most obvious way in which Facebook enabled a Trump victory has been its inability (or refusal) to address the problem of hoax or fake news.”

An investigation by BuzzFeed News published less than a week prior to the election traced about 100 political “news” sites trafficking in fake stories — most of them extremely pro-Trump — to a single small town in the Balkan state of Macedonia, where groups of college students and teenagers discovered they could rake in big bucks by generating phony “news” stories favorable to Trump or damaging to Hillary Clinton, and sharing them on Facebook where they would quickly go viral. <<

Like, such as.....

• "Hillary has Parkinson's" (dementia, cancer, Globner's Disease, the hearbreak of psoriasis, etc etc etc)
  • "Bill Clinton's illegitimate black son" .... (that Bill Clinton wasn't running for office seems not to have occurred to the Ministry of Disinformation)
  • The tweet posted in post 2 and myriad others like it...
---- Etc etc ad infinitum; the complete list makes a cute trivia quiz and can be accessed by a look at the topics created in the Politics forum. It's as if the two sides of the collective brain have been irrevocably split and we just run on what feels good rather than on what actual facts are.

Sure did. Because Nosebook knows as well as Rump does that you can sell a deep freezer to an Eskimo if you exploit that emotional Achilles heal, and that there's enough unwashed masses born every minute to make a profit from it.

>> What do the Amish lobby, gay wedding vans and the ban of the national anthem have in common? For starters, they’re all make-believe — and invented by the same man.

Paul Horner, the 38-year-old impresario of a Facebook fake-news empire, has made his living off viral news hoaxes for several years. He has twice convinced the Internet that he’s British graffiti artist Banksy; he also published the very viral, very fake news of a Yelp vs. “South Park” lawsuit last year.

But in recent months, Horner has found the fake-news ecosystem growing more crowded, more political and vastly more influential: In March, Donald Trump’s son Eric and his then-campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, even tweeted links to one of Horner’s faux-articles. His stories have also appeared as news on Google.

imrs.php

"Honestly, people are definitely dumber. They just keep passing stuff around. Nobody fact-checks anything anymore — I mean, that’s how Trump got elected. He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it

... My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist."

"Just ’cause his supporters were under the belief that people were getting paid to protest at their rallies, and that’s just insane. I’ve gone to Trump protests — trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump. I just wanted to make fun of that insane belief, but it took off. They actually believed it.

I thought they’d fact-check it, and it’d make them look worse. I mean that’s how this always works: Someone posts something I write, then they find out it’s false, then they look like idiots. But Trump supporters — they just keep running with it! They never fact-check anything! Now he’s in the White House. Looking back, instead of hurting the campaign, I think I helped it. And that feels [bad]." --- Noseboook Fake News Writer: I think Rump is In the White House Because of Me

Actually I remember that "three million Amish" story. :lol: Somebody here actually bought it and ran it as a thread here. One a them thar Useful Idiots

--- matter of fact I even earned me a "STFU" for that post, which is the best confirmation I could ask that I'm on the right track.[/QUOTE]
STFU!

Facebook needs a rename. Fakebook.

That's a musician's term. But it would be appropriate.

I'll never understand why anybody gave Nosebook the fucking time of day. The zombies who went for it kept trying to get me hooked along with them. I said, "what will this give me that I don't already have?" No answer. Duh.

Like, such as.....

• The tweet posted in post 2 and myriad others like it...

imrs.php

--- matter of fact I even earned me a "STFU" for that post, which is the best confirmation I could ask that I'm on the right track.

Uh --- I appreciate the repost oh my brother but I'm really not worried about the original getting deleted.

You owe me a royalty check though.

What else do we expect when significant numbers of people got their news from John Stewart?

Jon (not John) Stewart did satire. Nobody was ever stupid enough to take off with some ridiculous Stewart satire and think it was actual news.

On the other hand ---- just check the topics brought up on these very pages over the last year. Count up how many were written or inspired by Paul Horner and Donald Rump, and the suckers actually believed it..

Even the Amish thing. :rofl:
Oh yeah that was a real thread.

Dumbasses. "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,” Horner continued. “I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they will post everything, believe anything.(True) His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.” (I remember USMB posters quoting his article and biting on the Craigslist ad. :)laugh:).
An excellent source. What more could you ask for?

What else do we expect when significant numbers of people got their news from John Stewart?

But John Stewart had more truth than these phony sites and the right loves them
Irrelevant. He is a symptom of the times we're in.

Who is? Stewart or this fake news guy the Right loves while claiming other news is false?
They all are.

Blanket statements are for the intellectually lazy. Who lies? Answer: Everyone

Thats lazy

But John Stewart had more truth than these phony sites and the right loves them
Irrelevant. He is a symptom of the times we're in.

Who is? Stewart or this fake news guy the Right loves while claiming other news is false?
They all are.

Blanket statements are for the intellectually lazy. Who lies? Answer: Everyone

Thats lazy
By definition fake news is a lie. Also by definition a comedian doing a comedy show is not a journalist broadcasting the news. So sure, blanket statement.

Forum List

Back