This Depression keeps getting worse and worse.

The semiconductor companies such as Intel said on their quarterly earnings conference calls that end demand for computers and other electronic devices is picking up.

I agree. I think we are in a recovery, but it is going to be slow and choppy.

Projection by stock analysts (who are paid shills) and company officers are frequently off target and usually corrected with time. As long as the investing public can not prove criminal malfeasance, the speculating parties are excused from culpability.

The fact remains that there is little in the way of substantive data that would confirm Intel's positive speculation. That falls into the category of green shoots.

Bank Fraud and Obama

It is really frightening to me that our "house of cards" economy is only held up by officially sanctioned lies.

If you do not count the losses, then you can show tremendous profit.

As long as the sheeple want to delude themselves into believing that there is tremendous profit there, they will buy stocks (several banks have issued new stock sales).

That, according to Geitner, is putting private money into the banks as opposed to public (government) money.

It is ok for the sheeple (fools who donate private money) to lose that money in the coming stock market fall, because then the Fed Gov will give the bank more money to buy back almost worthless shares to then sell more stock at a higher price in the future.

The only people who are out are the investors, but that does not matter to Obama's way of thinking, because they have lots of money to donate to healing the bank's balance sheets.

All the investors have to do is think of it as a tax that takes their money and redistributes it to the officers of the bank. We do want them to be rich, don't we? America always admires heros, and those bank officers are heroes to those who have little, because the stand as confirmation that the American Dream is a reality for anybody (as long as they are dishonest or allowed to be so with official government approval.)

I wonder when the sheeple will finally wake up. Bank stocks are not an investment for the long term in this country. You can make some short term killings, though.....

The semiconductor companies such as Intel said on their quarterly earnings conference calls that end demand for computers and other electronic devices is picking up.

Projection by stock analysts (who are paid shills) and company officers are frequently off target and usually corrected with time. As long as the investing public can not prove criminal malfeasance, the speculating parties are excused from culpability.

The fact remains that there is little in the way of substantive data that would confirm Intel's positive speculation. That falls into the category of green shoots.

It has nothing to do with stock analysts, and it has nothing to do with speculation.

Corporate executives from several companies are saying they are seeing a pick-up in demand. Not robust, mind you, but a pick-up in demand still.

It has nothing to do with stock analysts, and it has nothing to do with speculation.

Corporate executives from several companies are saying they are seeing a pick-up in demand. Not robust, mind you, but a pick-up in demand still.

Do you want to go ask AMD what they see? It is all speculation. The reality is something else. I have listened in on thousands of quarterly reports. All of their projections for future earnings are couched with caveats. Always have been and always willl be so they can not be sued.....

Last edited:
Do you want to go ask AMD what they see? It is all speculation. The reality is something else. I have listened in on thousands of quarterly reports. All of their projections for future earnings are couched with caveats. Always have been and always willl be so they can not be sued.....

AMD is a poorly run company and hardly a barometer of the economy.

It is not all speculation. The people who best know how the economy is doing are corporate executives. They are seeing the economy and their businesses in real time. And they are saying that business is beginning to pick up.

As for couching their comments in caveats, when the economy was collapsing, the executives said the economy was collapsing. Executives can be sued if they say that their business is doing well when it is doing poorly and there is intent to deceive. Making general statements about their businesses is protected by law under Safe Harbor provisions.

Last edited:

AMD is a poorly run company and hardly a barometer of the economy.

It is not all speculation. The people who best know how the economy is doing are corporate executives. They are seeing the economy and their businesses in real time. And they are saying that business is beginning to pick up.

I DON'T BUY THAT. The economic indicators that have not been manipulated to excess by this administration all indicate NO RECOVERY. The economy is still collapsing. As I said a year ago, just like a slow motion collapse of a house of cards.

Forum List

Back