This Depression keeps getting worse and worse.

Retail Sales down 1.5% from already outrageously low numbers.

The collapse continues.

Of course.. Only keynesians think we can cure the problem of going into debt and overspending with more debt and overspending.

hang on for a bumpy ride...

Retail Sales down 1.5% from already outrageously low numbers.

The collapse continues.

Heard this morning that it appears further down because of the inflating that Cash for Clunkers had done and that sales were actually up.......very, very slightly.

Mike nailed it on the head... Keynesians are stuck on short term thinking, and apparently memory loss. Luckily the Austrian Economists can see past the bullshit.

Economic growth is likely to be 3%-4% this quarter. We will see job growth within the next six months.

Just where do you get that number?

I am not seeing anything like that. Anecdotal evidence around me is things are no longer diving, but stagnant. At a very low level

when I go to employment web sites, I see almost no new ads for jobs. This is a lot worse than I have ever seen it before. It isn't just that the marketplace is changing like it was during the early 80's and late 70's. This is not dislocation from progress, this is total breakdown.

While its nice the stock market has rallied, at least some of that must be money moving into equities to hedge against inflation.
Meanwhile the lagging indicators all suggest we will have very sluggish growth, if any, for the next several quarters. In addition to the large number of unemployed there is a big overhang of underemployed and people who have given up. Further, overtime and temporary hours worked has not gone up, down if anything. That is significant itself as those things typically rise before employment numbers.
No, the rest of the world is growing and we are stagnant.

Economic growth is likely to be 3%-4% this quarter. We will see job growth within the next six months.

FACTORY ORDERS AUG 2009 –0.8%
DURABLE ORDERS AUG 2009 -2.4%
RETAIL SALES SEP 2009 - 1.5 %
UNEMPLOYMENT is still soaring. Millions of unemployed have run out of benefits.

And now you think we will see Three to Four percent growth in this quarter. That is some damn strong hooch you are drinking there podner.

And now you think we will see Three to Four percent growth in this quarter. That is some damn strong hooch you are drinking there podner.

Those are trailing numbers.

Starting this quarter and probably for the next two or three quarters, economic growth is going to surprise to the upside.

Starting this quarter and probably for the next two or three quarters, economic growth is going to surprise to the upside.

Assuming you're right, the Fed will have to start tightening. And then the gold market and stock markets will fall of a cliff.

Assuming you're right, the Fed will have to start tightening. And then the gold market and stock markets will fall of a cliff.

Growth will surprise to the upside as the inventory build is underway, and companies will soon start hiring again.

However, growth will still be anemic relative to other recoveries and employment growth will be slow, leaving unemployment high for some time. Also, there are still enormous problems in the mortgage and commercial real estate loan markets. Thus, the Fed won't start tightening for some time, maybe another year IMHO. But when they do, you won't want to be anywhere near risky assets, I believe. Stocks are trading at 17x my normalized earnings, which is starting to get expensive, while gold could get rocked. However, I think gold could get to $1300-$1500 by Spring.

The Republicans de-regulated the financial industry and set this up. Specifically, Phil Gramm was one of the major players in this mess. Time to re-regulate the financial institutions, among other industries.

No way in hell is it going to be 3-4%, 1% maybe, get ready for the market sell off. There is no such thing as a jobless recovery. When people don't work, they have no money to spend, save and invest. Christmas season is going to be dismal, then the sell-off in the markets, lower than expected earnings. Get ready for the double dip, it's coming, our dollar is losing ground on a daily basis, investors are flocking to overseas funds and investments, making investment in U.S companies and business's worse.:doubt:

Forum List

Back