This could be the next lieutenant governor of California!!!!!!omg...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
In my title for the thread, I should of said, This could of been the lieutenant govenor of Ca. I missed former candidate before I posted..

This women is totally friggen insane, and also a racist. :lame2:

Stanley Tookie Williams – America’s ‘strange fruit’

by Donna J. Warren

Kanye West said, “George Bush doesn’t care about Black people.” Neither does America.

Why do they want Stanley Tookie Williams executed? Is it because he was convicted of murdering four people?

Intrinsically racist White Americans lynch “strange fruit” like Stan Williams in American courts of law all the time. In these kangaroo courts, Black people, innocent or guilty, are convicted and sentenced to death.

Tookie, Black and from the ghetto, was predictably found guilty by a jury that was not “of his peers” – one Latino, one Filipino and 10 whites. This mostly white jury is of the same breed of people who, with local, state and federal governments, instituted Jim Crow laws denying freedom to newly emancipated Blacks.

If American courts ever attempt to be fair, no Black person would ever stand trial in front of 12 non-Black Americans. White serial killers are not sentenced to death. Capital punishment is a Black penalty.

Was Tookie’s jury incensed that the victims were Albert Owens, Yen-I Yang, Tsai-Shai Yang and Ye Chen Lin? Maybe Albert Owens, but America has no problem with the deaths of Asians. If so, America would show remorse over killing 2,000,000 Vietnamese in the Vietnam War and dropping the A-bomb on hundreds of thousands at Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

CNN recently took a poll – unscientific but a poll all the same. Sixty-five percent of the respondents said Tookie must die. Not surprising!

Bloodthirsty America sanctions murder when people of color are involved – look at the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dead with no remorse by America. Killing people of color has never been a problem for America. It’s how America became America.

Murdering Tookie and ensuring ghetto Blacks continue to fall into the pit of gang life is America. America cannot let Tookie live, for to do so means America cares about the young people who are driven into the gang life, and we know by empirical evidence that that is not so.

Empirical evidence is everywhere, festering in the form of slums and tenements unfit for human habitation, schools – rat infested and infused with dirty toilets, nonexistent health care. Katrina, where Black babies floated in putrid waters, and thousands of people are still unaccounted for!

America needs the illusion of gang life to maintain the whole shebang of the prison industrial complex – prisons, judges, police, lawyers, counselors etc. It’s big business, and it meets America’s goals to deny democracy and freedom to former slaves, the indigenous and poor whites.

They say Tookie’s not remorseful for the killings. Tookie says he’s innocent. What kind of fool is remorseful for killings he didn’t do?

San Quentin spokesman Vernell Crittendon wants Williams to inform on his old friends. Informing on gang members would “rip my dignity out of my chest,” Tookie says. I agree. Snitching is not only “undignified” but anathema to the truth. Only a liar admits remorse for something he did not do; only unprincipled cowards like Crittendon snitch.

Crittendon says he suspects Williams is orchestrating gangland crimes from his cell. But there’s no proof. The prison industry will say anything to execute a Black man.

Stanley Tookie Williams, nominated repeatedly for the Nobel Peace Prize and the subject of the movie “Redemption,” has an amazing intellect and a voice so strong that he has done what governments fail to do: make a difference in the lives of children left to squalor in the ghettos of America – without healthcare, a decent education or even parents to raise them.

America, vicious, bloodthirsty and racist, keeps the status quo of prisons, punishment and inhumanity on the backs of those she fails the most. Schwarzenegger could easily grant clemency for Tookie. The American courts could easily grant a new trial – one that isn’t judged by 10 whites, one Latino and one Filipino.

In August 2004, a committee of prison officials commended Tookie for his positive steps in the past 10 years. Yet “corrections” made on their website – mysteriously removed one day later – alleged that Tookie “firmly entrenched himself as the leader of the Crips at San Quentin, wielding power as his lieutenants and other minions were dispatched to carry out his objectives.” Daniel Vasquez, warden at San Quentin from 1983 to 1993, said those remarks were “like corrections trying to drum up business for death row.”

We pretend to warn children about the dangers of gang life, but if Tookie is put to death, our pretensions will be exposed for the lies they really are. The emperor is wearing no clothes.

If Tookie dies, we lose a voice who can speak to our children in ways we never could. If Tookie dies, our children lose!

Donna Jo Warren is a native of South Central Los Angeles and a former Green Party candidate for lieutenant governor of California

http://www.sfbayview.com/120705/strangefruit120705.shtml

I don't care what this guy has done IN prison. It was what he did OUT of prison that everyone should care about. One good deed in a lifetime of criminal behavior is not enough to pardon a cold-blood murderer. He hasn't even accepted blame for the death of those people. If he truly has changed, he would be apologizing and actually showing remorse for his actions. Instead he says it wasn't him, though there are plenty of witnesses. And he still doesn't act like what was done, was a horrible crime.

Let him rot in his cell.

This woman needs to get together with her peeps and figure out whether they want to argue that Tookie is guilty but worthy of clemency for his good deeds in prison...or innocent and worthy of being released from prison.

Let's see if her argument that the death penalty is a black penalty holds water.

Between 1976 and 1999, blacks committed 51.5% of all murders, with whites committing 46.5%. However, in 2000, 49 of the 85 people executed were white, and in 2002, there were 53 white executed, but only 18 black. Hmm, a black penalty? Hardly.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I don't care what this guy has done IN prison. It was what he did OUT of prison that everyone should care about. One good deed in a lifetime of criminal behavior is not enough to pardon a cold-blood murderer. He hasn't even accepted blame for the death of those people. If he truly has changed, he would be apologizing and actually showing remorse for his actions. Instead he says it wasn't him, though there are plenty of witnesses. And he still doesn't act like what was done, was a horrible crime.

Let him rot in his cell.

If he was really sorry for what he did he would be asking them to kill him so that justice could be met.

Forum List

Back