This continues to be pertinent in the discussion of WAR ON TERROR (IRAQ)

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I came back rather dissillusioned but still young, proud and able. I troubled with my own thoughts about my involvement in Viet Nam but about 11 years later I enlisted in the Air National Guard. During that enlistment I got some of the Grenada and Panama conflicts for which I am still proud. My last American Military Defense endeavor was Desert Storm in 1990 and the first half of 1991. I remain proud of that operation as well. During all of these conflicts I held my chin up, fortunately didn't get killed or seriously maimed and was convinced my actions were completely justified.

I'm an old man now. I continue to trouble myself about Viet Nam, justified or not. I don't worry at all about Grenada or Panama but there are those that do. Desert Storm and the subsequent Desert Shield operations were, although necessary in my view, the straws that broke this old camel's back. The present WAR ON IRAQ verifies all the troubles that I anticipated in 1991 but was happy to see at least foregone by the administration of that time. GWB brought it all back up again and is an idiot for having done so.

I have raised three college educated children, successfully retired from a job that I truly loved and have remained a faithful husband of my wife for more than 3 decades. I have worked very hard for my family, my country and myself. I have never and never intend to draw one cent from the VA Administration. But I will continue to fight for the recognition and rights of Veterans wherever and under whatever predicaments I find them. Lord knows they have earned their places around the American table of opportunity and deliverance.

I have a problem with those that would send now young, proud, able but significantly ignorant(like myself) Americans into a WAR that has no understanding of mission or trustworthy reliable expectations of success. In other words, GWB wouldn't know his ass friom a hole in the ground when it comes to military operations and his advisors and cohorts aren't helping him. Those that blindly follow or even encourage him with their calls for "Convert them or Kill them", "Turn the entire Middle East into a crystal by dropping an A-Bomb" and other equally ignorant and uneducated calls for all out war within a wordwide society that generally rejects the premise disturb me greatly.

I am doing what I can to prevent this genocide as perpetrated by the USA and trying to educate the ignorant as to the implications of their support for it. But I am just me.

I apologize if I upset you by the words I speak here. I just had to blow it off. I'm OK and I sincerely hope that you are as well.

Psychoblues

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
I came back rather dissillusioned but still young, proud and able. I troubled with my own thoughts about my involvement in Viet Nam but about 11 years later I enlisted in the Air National Guard. During that enlistment I got some of the Grenada and Panama conflicts for which I am still proud. My last American Military Defense endeavor was Desert Storm in 1990 and the first half of 1991. I remain proud of that operation as well. During all of these conflicts I held my chin up, fortunately didn't get killed or seriously maimed and was convinced my actions were completely justified.

I'm an old man now. I continue to trouble myself about Viet Nam, justified or not. I don't worry at all about Grenada or Panama but there are those that do. Desert Storm and the subsequent Desert Shield operations were, although necessary in my view, the straws that broke this old camel's back. The present WAR ON IRAQ verifies all the troubles that I anticipated in 1991 but was happy to see at least foregone by the administration of that time. GWB brought it all back up again and is an idiot for having done so.

I have raised three college educated children, successfully retired from a job that I truly loved and have remained a faithful husband of my wife for more than 3 decades. I have worked very hard for my family, my country and myself. I have never and never intend to draw one cent from the VA Administration. But I will continue to fight for the recognition and rights of Veterans wherever and under whatever predicaments I find them. Lord knows they have earned their places around the American table of opportunity and deliverance.

I have a problem with those that would send now young, proud, able but significantly ignorant(like myself) Americans into a WAR that has no understanding of mission or trustworthy reliable expectations of success. In other words, GWB wouldn't know his ass friom a hole in the ground when it comes to military operations and his advisors and cohorts aren't helping him. Those that blindly follow or even encourage him with their calls for "Convert them or Kill them", "Turn the entire Middle East into a crystal by dropping an A-Bomb" and other equally ignorant and uneducated calls for all out war within a wordwide society that generally rejects the premise disturb me greatly.

I am doing what I can to prevent this genocide as perpetrated by the USA and trying to educate the ignorant as to the implications of their support for it. But I am just me.

I apologize if I upset you by the words I speak here. I just had to blow it off. I'm OK and I sincerely hope that you are as well.

Psychoblues

Ahhh must be on the N.Y. Times fiction top 10 list.

Lol he's been in every U.S. conflict for the last 40 years. Don't believe this old drunk.

Genocide! ROTFLMFAO!

My daddy went to Vietnam a young, proud, and able American... and he came home the same way.

My uncle had some problems, but now he seems pretty happy. If his stories are any indication, he did not have problems with the Vietnamese women :tng: . The troubles associated with Vietnam vets has been well publicized, but I don't think the same can be said for WWII. My grandpa never said a word about his experiences in WWII to his children or grandchildren. All I know is that at some point he lost a part of his foot to gangrene.

I read an account from a woman that works in a Vet. hospital. She made no political statements, she merely stated that the VA hospitals are full of men from different wars--some young some old--that need recognition and support. She said there are men that came to the hospital from WWII and have not been out of the building since. It is really strange to think about.

Psychoblues

1 for 4 will not get you into the hall of fame......

genocide...:tinfoil: ...which race is the us exterminating?

Psychoblues

You're so full of shit it's pathetic. THIS tripe is what you were doing all the whining and multiple posting about?

I think the real problem here is you went to Vietnam a young, proud and able American and forgot to duck before the grenade went off.

You're just a dumb ass self-described heavily indoctrinated and propagandized Marine. What the fuck do you know?

You're so full of shit it's pathetic. THIS tripe is what you were doing all the whining and multiple posting about?

I think the real problem here is you went to Vietnam a young, proud and able American and forgot to duck before the grenade went off.

I ducked. Others never had a chance. The WAR was immoral in pretext and less than intelligent in operation.

Psychoblues

OK, you have a problem with a "race"? Care to mention it? I never mentioned any race. Or extermination for that matter.

1 for 4 will not get you into the hall of fame......

genocide...:tinfoil: ...which race is the us exterminating?

You mock yourself, manu1959.

Psychoblues

I went to Viet Nam a young, proud and able American.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues

:sleep:

:sleep:

Psychoblues

Bush lied and people, even Americans, are still dying as a result of the lies. No question about it.

You are not going to sleep. You've been asleep for a very long time.

Good Night

Psychoblues

Yeah, I'm asleep everytime your posts are up!:sleepy1:

I'm afraid I disagreed with Psychos dupe post, merged the threads.

Forum List

Back