This Border Incident Seems Ominous

This isn't an isolated incident. I would just be as giddy as a school girl if a reporter in the press corps would query Bush on this... And insist on a real answer.

This isn't an isolated incident. I would just be as giddy as a school girl if a reporter in the press corps would query Bush on this... And insist on a real answer.
The image of you standing there with a big smile, rosy cheeks and a cute little white dress is too much for me to handle this morning.

No one has been able to explain to me yet why we just don't put two rows of razor wire on the border and 400 yards apart with a free fire zone in between. That would stop all border intrusions an our illegal alien problem once and for all.

We truly need a conspiracy forum.

You want a conspiracy forum....Nuclear Winter has covered the whole gamut over in his little nest-site topic........where he's typed sebenteen bizillion words on conspiracy.

You want a conspiracy forum....Nuclear Winter has covered the whole gamut over in his little nest-site topic........where he's typed sebenteen bizillion words on conspiracy.

Yah, I've noticed that thread, once or twice. :rolleyes: Conspiracy here was one poster's take. Too funny!

When Trobinett’s ancestors (native americans) arrived in America they found the mound people living here.

The mound people said to Trobinett’s ancestors:

“Sorry, you’re too late. America is already fully occupied”.

Trobinett’s ancestors pouted and then replied to the Mound People:

“The hell it is. America is a vast land. It has more than enough space for millions of us.”

Centuries later, William Joyce’s ancestors came to America and found Trobinett’s ancestors living there.

Trobinett’s ancestors told Joyce’s the same thing they heard thounsand of years ago from the then extinct Mound People:

“Sorry, pale face. There’s no more space in America.”

William Joyce’s ancestors replied:

“The hell there isn’t, red skin. America is a vast land and there’s more than enough room for everybody.”

4 centuries passed by and now José is jumping the fence and receiving an equally “warm” welcome from Trobinett and Joyce:

“Sorry, cucaracha... America is full.”

Predictably enough, José tells them:

“The hell it is. America is a vast country with millions of Latinos and more than enough space for many millions more.”

4 centuries in the future, the chinese will start moving to America in massive numbers and the descendants of Trobinet, William Joyce and José will certainly say:

“Sorry, noodle eaters, America now looks like a balloon.”

“No, it doesn’t. So get out of the way cuz we’re here to stay.”

3 centuries later, indonesians will immigrate in massive numbers...

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Although my previous post was written as a satire, its central message (the endless succesion of immigrants and their children always complaining about newcomers) just couldn’t be truer.

José;526122 said:
Although my previous post was written as a satire, its central message (the endless succesion of immigrants and their children always complaining about newcomers) just couldn’t be truer.

My ancestors that came through Ellis Island back in the late 1800's from Northern Europe, did a lot of things different than many of the recent ones. First of all, they entered legally. Secondly, they left one culture to become part of another; not attempting to bring their culture with them. They wanted a fresh start. Third, they came because there was economic opportunity, religious freedom, and a bonafide middle class, which Europe had not caught onto yet. Fourth, they made sure that their children learned the language of their new country, because they intuitively knew that if they were going to make it in this big, vast new culture, and country, language commonality was a major part of their children's assimmilation into the mainstream culture. These European immigrants also did their darndest to learn the English language, along with their children.

My Swedish grandparent on both sides, insisted that my Mom and Dad as well as their siblings speak english in their home.

What can we say about the new immigration influx. First of all, many aren't here legally, yet they reap, often demand, and our allowed the benefits of the legal ones as though they are here legally. Secondly, most or many of these family groups, and individuals desire to enclave into cultural communities both economically and socially, to their detriment, as they cripple their own chances of assimmilating into the U.S. culture like the great immigration groups of the late 19th and early 20th century.

I live in Silicon Valley, and there has been a large influx of legal immigration from India into our area for the last 30 years. Most of these Indians have assimmilated excellently, as they speak english as a second language. This dates back to their British colonial influence before India's Independence. These Indians are occupying engineering, and other High tech positions in major companies in the S.F. bay area. They work very hard, and live very ethical, law abiding lives for the most part. They still have their cultural traditions, and religious beliefs, but the have done well because of their english speaking abilities.

The influx into our country from the Southern border is not our problem to solve, as much as it's Vincente' Fox and his cohorts job..........! Never the less, if they don't do something, we must. We have to look at this problem objectively and not subjectively. We can't install drinking fountains out in the dessert to save the lives of those who enter illegally. It may seem humanitarian on the surface, but it is just engendering and encouraging continue illegal border-jumping.

Borders, Language, and culture, must be preserved for any nation to withstand the influx of immigrants who do not speak the recognized language of the host nation.

Even resistant strains of T.B. and other diseases are starting to show up in the U.S. where we had pretty much eradicated them or haven't had them at all, as we are not screening immigrants medically before entering our country. My grandparents were screened medically before they could leave Ellis Island for the mainland, or they might have been sent back on the next boat to Europe. Immigrants were literally quarantined to protect the U.S. populous. How in humane.:cuckoo:

I understand the desire(but don't respect their methods) to show mercy to those that want to get into the U.S. at any cost, even if it's illegal. I don't understand why we must let-down our guard because of this, and allow the illegals to have benefits from our U.S. tax coffers that you and I the tax payer have to "foot".

I have a son who is on his second Kidney transplant, and just lost his job. He's facing a medical insurance payment of over $ 1,000.00/month just to obtain his transplant medicine, yet the U.S. government and state governments are paying for the delivery of illegal's babys, healing their diseases, free medications, and other welfare maladies. My tax paying son, has to borrow and scrape and find charitable organizations that might sponsor him for his expensive medicines and check -ups, just because he's a U.S. citizen and not an illegal alien.

We have to get out of this mentality of seeing some, any or all minoritys as victims, and start working on programs that encourage asimmilation into our country's culture, and economic base, as tax payers, and law abiding citizens. You don't do it by encouraging law breaking, and government welfare.

You won't find more patriotic folks than the Europeans that came here in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They literally kissed the ground when they stepped on our shores. The Statue of Liberty brought tears to their eyes. They weren't seeing the opportunity for free hand-outs from Uncle Sam, but freedom to start over, and make something of their lives, and their progeny, with their own will-power. They didn't wave Swedish, and Irish flags. They waved the Stars and Stripes. It was their country.

Great post Eightball, and it goes to the heart of the matter.

Unless this latest influx of potential citizens start to realize this, well, they will forever be criminals.

Seems simple enough, yet the message seems to get lost in "translation", or is ignored, for we choose NOT to enforce the law.

The image of you standing there with a big smile, rosy cheeks and a cute little white dress is too much for me to handle this morning.

No one has been able to explain to me yet why we just don't put two rows of razor wire on the border and 400 yards apart with a free fire zone in between. That would stop all border intrusions an our illegal alien problem once and for all.

Why not just make it a crime to hire illegals? That be a heck of a lot less expensive than building a wall and then having to police it. If you take away the jobs, then they have no reason to sneak in here in the first place. And Joe wouldn't be so quick to hire Pablo if doing so would land him in the slammer.

But then, you're probably right after all...you know how long laws tend to last if they're made to look racist....

Why not just make it a crime to hire illegals? That be a heck of a lot less expensive than building a wall and then having to police it. If you take away the jobs, then they have no reason to sneak in here in the first place. And Joe wouldn't be so quick to hire Pablo if doing so would land him in the slammer.

But then, you're probably right after all...you know how long laws tend to last if they're made to look racist....

So here we go again........Instead of arresting the illegals.......as their moniker says, "illegal" for a reason, we arrest the business owner who hires or the home owner who hires an illegal.

So here in California when 50 or more illegals stand outside a Home Depot, we have police officers arrest the first guy that stops on the way out of H.D. and hires an illegal to dig a ditch in his front yard, or do some brick work......etc.?

The illegal just wanders around, homeless, begging, over-taxing the welfare system, and the U.S. citizen gets slapped in jail.

Kind of like arresting the "John's" instead of the prostitutes? :cuckoo: Why not arrest both........?

So here we go again........Instead of arresting the illegals.......as their moniker says, "illegal" for a reason, we arrest the business owner who hires or the home owner who hires an illegal.

So here in California when 50 or more illegals stand outside a Home Depot, we have police officers arrest the first guy that stops on the way out of H.D. and hires an illegal to dig a ditch in his front yard, or do some brick work......etc.?

The illegal just wanders around, homeless, begging, over-taxing the welfare system, and the U.S. citizen gets slapped in jail.

Kind of like arresting the "John's" instead of the prostitutes? :cuckoo: Why not arrest both........?

The bolded is where we reach agreement! :cool:

Joe will always find a way to hire Pablo without a paper trail: he's smarter than Sam and has cash.

I'm not talking about a wall. I'm asking for two rows of razor wire 1400 miles long and 400 yards apart, with a "don't cross or die" sign every 50', in english and spanish. Random predator flights, staffed with X-Box fanatics, and occasional target practice by the National Guard.

Forum List

Back