Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know/care/other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

So when all of the blame lies squarely on the Democrats who ran shit for the last 4 years all of a sudden the blame games should stop? Of course I wont stop blaming them. Those who are in the wrong in both parties will be held accountable. I dont call it blaming, I call it holding people accountable.

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

Could you do it. I don't believe they can do it at a government level, if we on this board can't do it on a personal level.

If you are already doing so, then you are one of a very few. But if you're using your party to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack anybody who isn't [insert your party/fringe element here] then congratulations. You are a big part of the problem.

Therefore. If you had to quit attacking, and were forced to work on a solution, for the greater good - could you do it?

Why is it that planners on the left and right feel the need to force others into anything? That's the fundamental flaw with your position here. You want me to stop "attacking" any member of either party...so I can be forced to into a collective solution for what YOU consider "the greater good"? Pass.

You seem to forget the 360 + filibusters the republicans staged in a unprecidented pissing on the founders intentions for the congress.

You seem to forget the 360 + filibusters the republicans staged in a unprecidented pissing on the founders intentions for the congress.

Of course they are going to filibuster spending bills that america can no longer afford. Noone will be mad at them for that, except for irresponsible people like yourself.

Political discourse has never been anything but efforts to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack the other side. Our supposed leaders engage in such behavior each day on the TV and on the Radio. How is one to engage in a battle of wits with those whose leader in the Senate sets as his only goal the defeat of a siting president?

Marx** defined politics with aplomb: "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Is there any doubt that this describes today's Congress?

** Groucho Marx

Not sure of your point, is it blame or flame?

The economy, who Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, is a product of 80 plus years of interference by both Democrats and Republicans.

The wars in the middle east, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, was a direct result of an attack on America, and many on the left blame Bush for lying, which time and again has been proven a bad theory. Every top elected official believed the intelligence reports that they were given, including the prior President believed.

The financial going ons, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, which were going on before the Bush administration and is still going on.

What are we talking about when we talk blame?

Well, Ms. Boop....judging by the first several responses I would say the collective answer is a resounding "no". I am waiting for someone to attack the other party for being the one who started all the attacks. BTW....just a reminder.....the last guy who went before a big group of people and suggested we should all be nice to each other for a change got nailed to a tree about 2,000 years ago. ;)

When you have to HOPE your country fails and hope Americans are hurting you are on the wrong side of GOOD SENSE

The economy, who Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, is a product of 80 plus years of interference by both Democrats and Republicans.

The wars in the middle east, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, was a direct result of an attack on America, and many on the left blame Bush for lying, which time and again has been proven a bad theory. Every top elected official believed the intelligence reports that they were given, including the prior President believed.

The financial going ons, which Obama and liberals, blame Bush and conservatives for, which were going on before the Bush administration and is still going on.

The posts pretty much answer the "could you stop" part.

The fact that people can never take a question at face value, without being able to say "Oh, SHE posted it, therefore __________" is a HUGE part of the problem.

Which party is it that seeks to cause the largest divide in America since the Civil War??

When Barry quits blaming Bush, the Republicans, hurricanes, tsunamis, everyone but himself, maybe it can happen. He's supposed to be the leader, he's not setting a good example.

Last edited:

Political discourse has never been anything but efforts to mock, shame, belittle, denigrate and attack the other side. Our supposed leaders engage in such behavior each day on the TV and on the Radio. How is one to engage in a battle of wits with those whose leader in the Senate sets as his only goal the defeat of a siting president?

Marx** defined politics with aplomb: "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Is there any doubt that this describes today's Congress?

** Groucho Marx

I guess first we have to start with - is our current two-party system irretrievably broken, as it now stands.

My answer would be to a degree of probably 80%, yes.

The founders intentions for congress was never to oppress the people, like this congress has been doing for many years. They never intended government take over of our lives like the healthcare mandate will do. And they certainly never intended for congress to tax the everloving shit out of it's citizens. WE THE PEOPLE run shit in this country, not congress, As they are finding out since 2010 with more to come in November 2012. YOU keep looking for government to have the answers in your life, we the people will take care of ourselves, like we have been for hundreds of years.

Last edited:

The posts pretty much answer the "could you stop" part.

The fact that people can never take a question at face value, without being able to say "Oh, SHE posted it, therefore __________" is a HUGE part of the problem.

I'm asking and you are playing the same game you accuse me of?

Is it blame or flame? Which are you talking about? Are you talking responsibility or blame and how do you tell the difference. Why is blame okay for one side and not the other?

Have you stopped?

Democrats had control since January 1, 2007. Look what they did to this country! From 2009 to 2011 they had all 3 branches for 2 years with a filibuster proof congress.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

Well, Ms. Boop....judging by the first several responses I would say the collective answer is a resounding "no". I am waiting for someone to attack the other party for being the one who started all the attacks. BTW....just a reminder.....the last guy who went before a big group of people and suggested we should all be nice to each other for a change got nailed to a tree about 2,000 years ago. ;)

I KNOW!

/sob

//hiccup

Seriously. This is ridonkulous. I'm sitting here thinking 'what would it take? $5k? $1m? Could they even do it then?'

One day, attack free. Would you have to walk away from this board before you could go any length of time without playing the blame/flame game?

Democrats had control since 2006. Look what they did to this country! From 2009 to 2011 they had all 3 branches for 2 years with a filibuster proof congress.

fredgraph.png

If obama loses in November and Romney turns the economy around, all we will hear is "It was obamas policies that turned it around".

Forum List

Back