This actually happened to me LAST NIGHT.

Water's Journey

Over 8 billion gallons of water a day burst forth from Florida's springs...the most unique concentration of springs on the planet. At one time it was thought to be an endless supply, but now the demands of man are starting to exceed availability. Join a team on a daring journey into the Floridan Aquifer to find out what's going wrong. They follow the connective path of water through the landscape. Their discoveries lead you on a thrilling adventure about the miraculous course that the water takes.

Its why they dont remove gators until they are a certain size.

they cant control the little beggers traveling through these waterways

Wonky pundit would have trouble keeping pace with this thread.

The neighbor flushing a toilet hypothesis sounds best at the moment.

What did you think of my explanation?

Amplified rythmic heartbeats? Possible, but it is a small volume of moving fluid compared to the toilet flush theory.

Harmonics.

The combined heartbeats of my wife and I, beating a precisely the right times resulting in a vibrating headboard. My neighbor's toilet drain doesn't run under my bedroom.

Florida?

dude you guys are nothing but undergroud springs.

that is likely what you felt.

An underground spring being flushed by some water source.

That's actually a pretty good theory. The problem with it is that none of my neighbors felt it, nor did anything rattle in my house. It was localized to the bed I feel.

and I have felt more earthquakes than you in my 40 combined years of living in Cali

This isn't a competition for Christ's sake.

your state is a MAZE of underground rivers dude.

It could have been just under YOUR house

But the river flowed just that one night and has never flowed since? When I rolled over in bed, I stopped the river?

You have not felt as many earthquakes as me.

They all feel differently depending on the conditions

Well, I'll say this, that is the longest discussion i've been able to have with you. What did we go like 4-5 posts before you started getting too stupid to talk to?

It's Florida moron! We don't have earthquakes and we certainly don't have earthquakes that only shake a bed in one house!

Jeezus!

Well, I'll say this, that is the longest discussion i've been able to have with you. What did we go like 4-5 posts before you started getting too stupid to talk to?

It's Florida moron! We don't have earthquakes and we certainly don't have earthquakes that only shake a bed in one house!

Jeezus!

How do you know it was only your house? Did you ask around? Many people might have slept through it.

I promise, i'm not making this up.

Last night, Saturday, January 12th, I was just about totally asleep. My wife, who didn't have to work today (Sunday) had just come to bed and was also almost asleep.

I am awakened by a vibration. Not rapid enough to be like a vibrating bed (anyone remember those?), but more like I thought that my cat was on the bed scratching it'self, but the vibrating didn't stop. I knew that my wife was probably still somewhat awake so i asked her; "Are you wiggling?".

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."
"Yeah, I do feel it now! What is it? Should we leave the house?"
"No, it's not an earthquake." (We live in Florida and we don't have them here.)

There's more, but what do YOU think?

It wasn't a sink hole (I hope), there was no truck going by, none of our kids was doing it, no one was playing a joke, the cat was on the floor of the bedroom asleep until our conversation woke him, the entire house was quiet, I felt it, my wife felt it, and we don't have a vibrating bed?

What do you think?

I live in Fla and sinkhole was exactly what I was thinking, lets hope it isnt.

Jeezus!

How do you know it was only your house? Did you ask around? Many people might have slept through it.

Yeah, I checked with two of my neighbors.

Last night, Saturday, January 12th, I was just about totally asleep. My wife, who didn't have to work today (Sunday) had just come to bed and was also almost asleep.

I am awakened by a vibration. Not rapid enough to be like a vibrating bed (anyone remember those?), but more like I thought that my cat was on the bed scratching it'self, but the vibrating didn't stop. I knew that my wife was probably still somewhat awake so i asked her; "Are you wiggling?".

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."

It wasn't a sink hole (I hope), there was no truck going by, none of our kids was doing it, no one was playing a joke, the cat was on the floor of the bedroom asleep until our conversation woke him, the entire house was quiet, I felt it, my wife felt it, and we don't have a vibrating bed?

What do you think?

I live in Fla and sinkhole was exactly what I was thinking, lets hope it isnt.

Yeah that's another explanation for the phenomena, one that I don't like to think about. I have seen no cracks in any walls....so far.

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."

What do you think?
has anybody got an answer?

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."

What do you think?
I lived in Florida.
Florida does have earthquakes albeit smallish in nature, so far.

Circa 1974 I'm living near the Space Center and at around 3:30 AM I feel a rumble and rush out to watch another "secret" launch.
No launch.
A day later the Florida Today reported on a quake around 3.2 in Oak Hill.

If your near the Space Coast any launch can produce vibrations (it was wild when they did moon launches, everything in the house shook).
But you can also have tiny quakes.
Or maybe too much el Pollo Tropical.

I lived in Florida.

Circa 1974 I'm living near the Space Center and at around 3:30 AM I feel a rumble and rush out to watch another "secret" launch.
No launch.

If your near the Space Coast any launch can produce vibrations (it was wild when they did moon launches, everything in the house shook).

I'm in Orlando, there was no reported quake at the time, that I'm aware of. Not Pollo Tropical but maybe Taco Bell.

I lived in Florida.

No launch.

we here also live in a earth quake zone.

Forum List

Back