Thirty lies in one week. Bad Mitts!!!

You have to desperately be searching for anything and everything to list 31 lies in a week (and Maddow is desperate). The article would be better if it focused on three to five alleged lies.

This one had me laughing:

6. Romney, trying to talk about foreign policy, said Syria is Iran's "route to the sea."

Iran doesn't share a border with Syria, and Iran already borders two bodies of water.

6. Romney, trying to talk about foreign policy, said Syria is Iran's "route to the sea."

Iran doesn't share a border with Syria, and Iran already borders two bodies of water.

I'd have to see context. But if Iran was theoretically blocked off from the Arabian Sea then it is coceivable that Iran emissaries would travel through tribal northern Iraq and into Syria, which borders the Mediterranean Sea.

I'd have to see context. But if Iran was theoretically blocked off from the Arabian Sea then it is coceivable that Iran emissaries would travel through tribal northern Iraq and into Syria, which borders the Mediterranean Sea.

“Maybe one of the few bright spots in the Middle East developments in the last year has been the rising of the people in Syria against [President Bashar al-] Assad. Obviously, as you know, Syria is Iran’s only Arab ally in the region. Syria is the route that allows Iran to supply Hezbollah with weapons in Lebanon. Syria is Iran’s route to the sea.”
— Mitt Romney, question and answer session at AIPAC conference, March 6, 2012

“Maybe one of the few bright spots in the Middle East developments in the last year has been the rising of the people in Syria against [President Bashar al-] Assad. Obviously, as you know, Syria is Iran’s only Arab ally in the region. Syria is the route that allows Iran to supply Hezbollah with weapons in Lebanon. Syria is Iran’s route to the sea.”

It sounds like a geographic flub more than a lie. It is my understanding that Iran is smuggling weapons to Hezbollah in Syria and Lebanon that border each other.

It sounds like a geographic flub more than a lie. It is my understanding that Iran is smuggling weapons to Hezbollah in Syria and Lebanon that border each other.

Except he's repeated it on several occasions.

Romney and Iran’s ‘route to the sea’

We’ve puzzled over this comment for a while. When the presumptive GOP nominee referred to Syria as Iran’s “route to the sea” during the Arizona GOP debate in February, we figured it was just a slip of the tongue.

But then a reader counted at least five times in which Romney has used this phrase, including in the Feb. 22 debate, at last month’s American Israel Public Affairs Committee annual conference, in a TV interview (MSNBC, Dec. 21), on the radio (Kilmeade & Friends, Feb. 14) and even in a Washington Post interview (Feb. 10).

Could the contrast be any greater between Romney, who looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas, only pays taxes at a 13% rate, stashes his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. taxes, and President Obama, who saved GM and created 27 straight months of private sector job growth?

Could the contrast be any greater between Romney, who looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas, only pays taxes at a 13% rate, stashes his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. taxes, and President Obama, who saved GM and created 27 straight months of private sector job growth?

I finally realized why Mitt flip-flops. He doesn't speak the truth. Ever. So rather than trying to remember the lies he told? He tells new ones.

That's more excusable than America having 57 States, with one left to visit. And I wont even explain why.

Impersonating a police officer, bullying a classmate by holding him down and cutting his hair, straping his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip, getting arrested twice for disobeying police officers, fleeing to France to avoid the draft and then lying about it.....

Romney is a real oddball.

Impersonating a police officer, bullying a classmate by holding him down and cutting his hair, straping his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip, getting arrested twice for disobeying police officers, fleeing to France to avoid the draft and then lying about it.....

you're like fricking parsley !

you're like fricking parsley !

Fact free post.

Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXIII - The Maddow Blog

Granted, presidential candidates are no strangers to disingenuous or overstated claims; it's pretty much endemic to the business. But Romney is doing something very different and far more pernicious. Quite simply, the United States has never been witness to a presidential candidate, in modern American history, who lies as frequently, as flagrantly and as brazenly as Mitt Romney.

Now, in general, those of us in the pundit class are really not supposed to accuse politicians of lying -- they mislead, they embellish, they mischaracterize, etc. Indeed, there is natural tendency for nominally objective reporters, in particular, to stay away from loaded terms such as lying. Which is precisely why Romney's repeated lies are so effective. In fact, lying is really the only appropriate word to use here, because, well, Romney lies a lot.

If there are any lingering doubts about the accuracy of this observation, consider the 23rd installment of my weekly series, chronicling Mitt's mendacity. (I've been at this for several months now, and this week's list is the longest to date.)

Oh, I know; Obama lies just as much.

Please cite and link, mkthxbai.

Lies? These people are no longer humans? Why not: WRONG AGAIN. If 'they' 'all lie', then THEY are superhuman; I do not accept such an idea. Candidates WISH out loud too much, are often unrealistic, they may exaggerate to extremes, and minimize failings. Hallmarks of the species.

Forum List

Back