Thirty lies in one week. Bad Mitts!!!

Granted, presidential candidates are no strangers to disingenuous or overstated claims; it's pretty much endemic to the business. But Romney is doing something very different and far more pernicious. Quite simply, the United States has never been witness to a presidential candidate, in modern American history, who lies as frequently, as flagrantly and as brazenly as Mitt Romney.

The consequence of a politician devoid of conviction.

Oh, I know; Obama lies just as much.

That’s not the point. The thread is about Romney and his lies, that’s the issue conservatives need to address. That ‘Obama is just as bad’ is meaningless deflection, having nothing to do with the issue.

This lie got obama four pinnochios!

4 Pinocchios for Obama’s newest anti-Romney ad - The Washington Post

In a previous life, The Fact Checker covered renowned corporate raiders such as Carl Icahn and his ilk. We also have closely studied Bain Capital and can find no examples that come close to this situation; its deals were done in close association with management. Indeed, Bain generally held onto its investments for four or five years, in contrast to the quick bust-em-ups of real corporate raiders. So calling Romney a “corporate raider” is a real stretch.

So how does the Obama campaign justify this phrase? It cites a single Reuters story from last August, about a campaign stop in New Hampshire, written by a stringer, Jason McLure, who was previously based in Africa. Buried in the article is a reference to Romney as a “former corporate raider.”

cf796d6e38a5df66a12a2ac70f7cfc62.jpg

Granted, presidential candidates are no strangers to disingenuous or overstated claims; it's pretty much endemic to the business. But Romney is doing something very different and far more pernicious. Quite simply, the United States has never been witness to a presidential candidate, in modern American history, who lies as frequently, as flagrantly and as brazenly as Mitt Romney.

The consequence of a politician devoid of conviction.

That’s not the point. The thread is about Romney and his lies, that’s the issue conservatives need to address. That ‘Obama is just as bad’ is meaningless deflection, having nothing to do with the issue.

Hey! The lefties divert all the time. So its not ok when someone on the right does it...just when your on the left?

One of the links in the article talks about how the Etch a sketch was made in Ohio paying workers 9 bucks an hour and it was outsourced to China where workers were paid 24 cents an hour with an 82 hour work week where they went on strike. The product was moved to China because that's were Bain Capital wanted it to be made. Interesting story.

Rachel Maddow: Mitt Romney 'Lies All The Time' (VIDEO)

Now, what's strange is that that right wing will say it's a lie. They look at a company that was in Ohio and is now in China and call it a lie. The company was in Ohio, but it's now in China. Only it's a "lie". The sky is blue, but it's a lie. That makes the same sense.

re: "Etch-a-sketch"

Using the term so much often draws criticism, but Maddow said that it was important to do in Romney's case.

"I'm not the sort of person who jumps on the gaffe of the moment, but this feels like a watershed sort of thing," she said. "...The degree to which Mr. Romney lies all the time about all sorts of stuff and doesn't care whether he gets caught is perhaps the most notable thing about his campaign."

Maddow ran through a long list of things Romney has said that are contradicted by the facts, such as his insistence that he never called for a national healthcare law, or his claim that the economy has gotten worse since President Obama took office.

"This is not a normal amount of politician lying," she said. "He lies about himself, he lies about the president, he lies about everything!" She went on to say that Romney lies "arguably more than any modern candidate for major office, and there are a lot of creeps among them," and that he is guilty of "utterly unashamed, unprecedented deceit."

Now this is what's weird. We are voting for a president. Republicans will say Obama is a liar because his father, who he met a couple of times and barely knew did something Obama says one way and the right wing, who claims to know nothing about Obama or his father did another.

Yet, we know that Bain owns companies that used to be in this country and are now in China, but Republicans call that a lie. The companies used to be here, but are now in China. That can't be disputed. Why? Because they used to be here, but are now in China.

I'm not getting how these two arguments can be compared.

Now this is what's weird. We are voting for a president. Republicans will say Obama is a liar because his father, who he met a couple of times and barely knew did something Obama says one way and the right wing, who claims to know nothing about Obama or his father did another.

Yet, we know that Bain owns companies that used to be in this country and are now in China, but Republicans call that a lie. The companies used to be here, but are now in China. That can't be disputed. Why? Because they used to be here, but are now in China.

I'm not getting how these two arguments can be compared.

Almost done watching Ms. Maddow. Talk about hitting the nail on the head repeatedly.

So who's going to take a stand, and stop the games?

It would require the liberals to acknowledge reality. You guys just refuse to admit what a disaster Obama has been. Unemployment skyrocketed under him. The national debt skyrocketed under him. Gas prices skyrocketed under him.

If these things happened under a GOP President, you guys would be having your little Occupy Wall Street riots, complete with raping women of your own ideology. But for some reason, when a liberal President fails like this, it's just deny and change the subject. I don't get it. We can come together as a country when liberals acknowledge reality. Until that time, nobody is willing to compromise with you radicals.

Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXIII - The Maddow Blog

Now, in general, those of us in the pundit class are really not supposed to accuse politicians of lying -- they mislead, they embellish, they mischaracterize, etc. Indeed, there is natural tendency for nominally objective reporters, in particular, to stay away from loaded terms such as lying. Which is precisely why Romney's repeated lies are so effective. In fact, lying is really the only appropriate word to use here, because, well, Romney lies a lot.

If there are any lingering doubts about the accuracy of this observation, consider the 23rd installment of my weekly series, chronicling Mitt's mendacity. (I've been at this for several months now, and this week's list is the longest to date.)

Please cite and link, mkthxbai.

Read Obama's autobiography, the entire F-ing thing is a lie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cl-Mar0PGc]David Maraniss on Obama mythology - YouTube[/ame]

Why are you yelling.

During the 2008 campaign, Obama frequently suggested his mother had to fight with her health-insurance company for treatment of her cancer because it considered her disease to be a pre-existing condition. In one of the presidential debates with GOP rival John McCain, Obama said:

“For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they’re saying that this may be a pre-existing condition and they don’t have to pay her treatment, there’s something fundamentally wrong about that.”

But then earlier this year, journalist Janny Scott cast serious doubt on this version of events in her excellent biography, “A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama’s mother.” Scott reviewed letters from Dunham to the CIGNA insurance company, and revealed the dispute was over disability coverage, not health insurance coverage (see pages 335-339).

Scott writes that Dunham, who died in 1995 of uterine and ovarian cancer, had health insurance that “covered most of the costs of her medical treatment…The hospital billed her insurance company directly, leaving Ann to pay only the deductible and any uncovered expenses, which, she said, came to several hundred dollars a month.”

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Obama lied and exploited his own mother's death. Disgusting, vile and sick--all defended and excused by you. :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Last edited:

Now, in general, those of us in the pundit class are really not supposed to accuse politicians of lying -- they mislead, they embellish, they mischaracterize, etc. Indeed, there is natural tendency for nominally objective reporters, in particular, to stay away from loaded terms such as lying. Which is precisely why Romney's repeated lies are so effective. In fact, lying is really the only appropriate word to use here, because, well, Romney lies a lot.

If there are any lingering doubts about the accuracy of this observation, consider the 23rd installment of my weekly series, chronicling Mitt's mendacity. (I've been at this for several months now, and this week's list is the longest to date.)

You lose a lot of Credibility Posting anything from Maddow, I mean come on it does not get more Partisan and Biased as that. Might as well link to Obama's Campaign web Site for your "facts"

You lose a lot of Credibility Posting anything from Maddow, I mean come on it does not get more Partisan and Biased as that. Might as well link to Obama's Campaign web Site for your "facts"

She hasn't any credibility to lose. :badgrin:

"I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was." - Mitt Romney

Forum List

Back