Third World to Regulate US Arms Control

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hours after U.S. President Barack Obama was re-elected, the United States backed a U.N. committee's call on Wednesday to renew debate over a draft international treaty to regulate the $70 billion global conventional arms trade.

U.N. delegates and gun control activists have complained that talks collapsed in July largely because Obama feared attacks from Republican rival Mitt Romney if his administration was seen as supporting the pact, a charge Washington denies.

The month-long talks at U.N. headquarters broke off after the United States - along with Russia and other major arms producers - said it had problems with the draft treaty and asked for more time.

But the U.N. General Assembly's disarmament committee moved quickly after Obama's win to approve a resolution calling for a new round of talks March 18-28. It passed with 157 votes in favor, none against and 18 abstentions.

After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks | Reuters

OMG a new round of ........ talks.

The hell you say........................

I remember the last go 'round on this. People were making up all kinds of shit about what was in the treaty. One person even claimed to have read it and that Obama was authorized to do all kinds of stuff to us with it, and it was a done deal.

The treaty didn't even exist yet. :lol:

Be careful with this one. Large jugs of piss are going to be served to the gullible. The extra-large propaganda printing presses are warming up.

Last edited:
I remember the last go 'round on this. People were making up all kinds of shit about what was in the treaty. One person even claimed to have read it and that Obama was authorized to do all kinds of stuff to us with it, and it was a done deal.

The treaty didn't even exist yet. :lol:

Be careful with this one. Large jugs of piss are going to be served to the gullible. The extra-large propaganda printing presses are warming up.

United Nations Official Document

Go have a look at the SecGen's report from last year.

They want guns and ammo marked and traceable to the end user. That's an international gun registry. No thank you.

Historically, registration is nothing more than the precursor to confiscation.

yeah, just like in the USA when you register your gun, it gets taken away.

There gonna take our guns, derk, derk!

The entire point is BARRY HUSSEIN Barack, whatever the hell his name is this week, SUPPORTS IT.. Like every fucking thing else, he waited until AFTER the election to show his true ugly face..

Obama puts the UN before Americans. His statement that all criticism of Rice would be dealt with by him proves it....

If a reasonable movement to overthrow the current regime happens, I'm so there.

I see koshergrl popped up. Sorry, hun: I meant the Tantrum of the Dooshette Doofettes of the Far Right.

I included you.

Forum List

Back