ThinkProgress Lemmings

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
After seeing all of the lame-assed shit you have posted, linking ThinkProgress, I decided to sign up for their daily e-mail.

Today's headline?

Congress spent over $120 billion to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. Tell them it’s time to rebuild America.

All the Republican leaders in Congress voted to approve massive amounts of funding to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan without a penny in offsets. But now they are opposing President Obama's proposal to rebuild America even though it’s fully paid for.
Sounds very unfair, hunh??
What do you mean, "without a penny in offsets"???

What's weird, though, is when you Google that sentence all you get is more ThinkProgress and HuffyPuffy bullshit.

When you click over on News results you get ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NOTHING.

Google

Can someone explain to me the allure of these ass-clowns?
:doubt:

Some people just like to hear their BS backed up online.

The way it's presented, I can *almost* understand people believing it.

I mean, to think that amount of spending is done without the Repub-heralded "offsets" would light a fire under someone.

But it just takes a simple copy/paste Google search, kids.
:eusa_hand:

Some Trolls around here will post it as gospel without a millisecond of research.

After seeing all of the lame-assed shit you have posted, linking ThinkProgress, I decided to sign up for their daily e-mail.

Today's headline?

Congress spent over $120 billion to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. Tell them it’s time to rebuild America.

All the Republican leaders in Congress voted to approve massive amounts of funding to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan without a penny in offsets. But now they are opposing President Obama's proposal to rebuild America even though it’s fully paid for.

What's weird, though, is when you Google that sentence all you get is more ThinkProgress and HuffyPuffy bullshit.

Google

What is your point? Google didnt have that sentence? Google is bad? Liberal media not liberal? What?

our liberal friends in action............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=706i1_VHSfI&feature=player_detailpage]Lemming: nature's retard - YouTube[/ame]

Obviously, ThinkProgress is a partisan organization. The article you reference is a criticism of the Republican position, not an objective analysis.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand what your point is. Why should the sentence appear in google? I don't believe ThinkProgress was representing it as a direct quote, so if it had previously been published that would suggest plagiarism.

Original or not, the sentence does appear to be true, more or less. Republican Congressional leaders did vote for deficit spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and current Republican Congressional leaders do oppose key components of Obama's newest proposal. One could certainly disagree with characterizations such as "rebuild America", though.

Today's headline?

Google

What is your point? Google didnt have that sentence? Google is bad? Liberal media not liberal? What?

I think his point is the only source's you can find for the story are all Liberal Blog sites. Which would lead one to assume the story is Bogus.

@ Charles

Actually he's complaining that that sentence isn't in google. So I wanted to know the point.

NEVER take anything thinkprogess says as the TRUTH.

they will flat out lie, misrepresent, take things out of context, etc etc.

And the people who belong on that site aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the pack.

Today's headline?

Google

Leftists think anything that reinforces their preconceived notions is true. They loves them some echo chamber.

Today's headline?

Google

Obviously, ThinkProgress is a partisan organization. The article you reference is a criticism of the Republican position, not an objective analysis.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand what your point is. Why should the sentence appear in google? I don't believe ThinkProgress was representing it as a direct quote, so if it had previously been published that would suggest plagiarism.

Original or not, the sentence does appear to be true, more or less. Republican Congressional leaders did vote for deficit spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and current Republican Congressional leaders do oppose key components of Obama's newest proposal. One could certainly disagree with characterizations such as "rebuild America", though.

@ Charles

Actually he's complaining that that sentence isn't in google. So I wanted to know the point.

Do ya'll not know how Google works, by now?

It's not that "that sentence" isn't showing up in Google.
Wouldn't SOME of the words appear?
Some combination of such?

All I'm asking is that one of our friendly neighborhood USMB liberals, that live and die by ThinkProgress, point me to the bill that authorized the spending without equal offsets.

Or one.
Or the other.
Something. Anything to support it.

:eusa_eh:

If you're claiming that the ThinkProgress quote is factual incorrect, feel free to show us where Congress voted on cutting spending to free up money for the wars in Iraq and Afganistan. (Which is what "offset" means).

Forum List

Back