Thinking Like an Arab

dilloduck said:
Nuc said:
Where does your boner for this issue come from?

From this little gem of yours

Christians have thier own viewpoint and it is NOT a muslim one.

This is tiring, but that means that Muslims and Christians are the only major religions who tell the world at large that their religion is the "only true religion". Since this is a fact what is your point? That Christians don't go to war about it, anymore? I conceded that point in an earlier post. You're chasing your tail here.

I give up. OK Dillo, Christianity is a religion that spontaneously generated in the desert with no antecedents and with no relationship to any other religion, least of all the other desert religions. Phrases such as "Judeo/Christian" and "people of the book" are bogus. You win. Do you feel better now?

Nuc said:
dilloduck said:
This is tiring, but that means that Muslims and Christians are the only major religions who tell the world at large that their religion is the "only true religion". Since this is a fact what is your point? That Christians don't go to war about it, anymore? I conceded that point in an earlier post. You're chasing your tail here.

I give up. OK Dillo, Christianity is a religion that spontaneously generated in the desert with no antecedents and with no relationship to any other religion, least of all the other desert religions. Phrases such as "Judeo/Christian" and "people of the book" are bogus. You win. Do you feel better now?

Ya--now that your prejudice has been exposed again. I didn't think Buddhists got into religion bashing.

Nuc said:
Well......if we drop a nuke on Mecca we do the following:

Kill a lot of innocent people.

Turn it irrefutably into a religious war.

Have to face the response from the rest of the surviving Muslims in places as far away from Mecca as India, Indonesia, North America, etc.

I disagree.

Technically it's already a religious war. A bunch of fundamentalist wackos against all of us. I don't see how bombing Mecca would change the aspect of it being a religious war.

That being said i dont think its a good idea. I dont like seeing people killed for no reason. besides Pakistan has nuculear weapons and while they are an ally right now if we did that they would quickly become an enemy and who knows where those nukes will end up.

dilloduck said:
Nuc said:
Ya--now that your prejudice has been exposed again. I didn't think Buddhists got into religion bashing.

This is pretty boring Dillo. Pointing out similarities between religions and the fact that they are related to each other is hardly religion bashing.

Anyway I don't consider Islam to be strictly a religion anymore. It's more like a form of imperialism disguised as a religion. I don't think their main agenda is spiritual, it's worldly and it's to take over the planet.

You seem to think anything but agreeing to your viewpoint (which is anyway terribly inarticulate) is bashing. It's not. This is a discussion board is it not? Must I agree with you in order to participate?

I disagree.

Technically it's already a religious war. A bunch of fundamentalist wackos against all of us. I don't see how bombing Mecca would change the aspect of it being a religious war.

That being said i dont think its a good idea. I dont like seeing people killed for no reason. besides Pakistan has nuculear weapons and while they are an ally right now if we did that they would quickly become an enemy and who knows where those nukes will end up.

I agree with all that, except we have not framed it as a religious war yet from our side. If we bomb Mecca, we do.

Nuc said:
dilloduck said:
This is pretty boring Dillo. Pointing out similarities between religions and the fact that they are related to each other is hardly religion bashing.

Anyway I don't consider Islam to be strictly a religion anymore. It's more like a form of imperialism disguised as a religion. I don't think their main agenda is spiritual, it's worldly and it's to take over the planet.

You seem to think anything but agreeing to your viewpoint (which is anyway terribly inarticulate) is bashing. It's not. This is a discussion board is it not? Must I agree with you in order to participate?

If it's boring ---stop. Sure you can participate without agreeing with me. But when you claim Christianity is the same as:

The leaders of Islam are at war with anything and everything that is a threat to their power; their control of every aspect of their follower's lives (from what they eat, wear, live and even how they think) for every minute of every day is what is at risk.

you're going to hear from me.

Nuc said:
I agree with all that, except we have not framed it as a religious war yet from our side. If we bomb Mecca, we do.

No. We're still just fighting islam, not to institute christianity, but to not be forcibly converted to Islam. Demoralizing the enemy by hitting important psychological targets is just part of war.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. We're still just fighting islam, not to institute christianity, but to not be forcibly converted to Islam. Demoralizing the enemy by hitting important psychological targets is just part of war.
See, look at how smart you are when you fight nicely!
;)

mom4 said:
See, look at how smart you are when you fight nicely!
;)

You're so cool. I think I could accomplish great things with you permanently on my side! ;)

Forum List

Back