Thinking Ahead.....tuition Free Higher Education

I'll finish it...

We give up and let the world get further ahead of us?
We tell the world we arent playing their "higher education" game?
If everyone is better educated then that would be bad?

I'm trying to find the downside...really

"Let the world get ahead of us?"

Has Finland put a Man on The Moon?

What Make Automobile does Finland produce?

How many Fins helped defend Bosnia from Serbian Genocidal Maniacs?

Shall I go on?

I said education...look at their population then look at ours. This false comparison you just made is like asking you "How many blue crosses does the US have on their flag? None! Shall I go on"

You said: "We give up and let the world get further ahead of us?"

Now you say you only meant "further ahead of us" in education.

Yet their "superior" education only allows them to be "superior" in........education?

Silly me, I thought there was actually a PURPOSE for this effort, and a RESULT that would have NATIONAL BENEFITS.

Excuse me but I missed the part where a more educated public is a bad thing. Could you say a few words on that?

Sure.

Being "more educated" doesn't mean shit if you starve to death.

I tried to limit my response to as few words as possible.

Yeah, starving to death is generally agreed upon as not favorable. But can you tell us why a more educated public is a bad thing?

Anyone who wants to be better educated can do it for free or nearly so already. There is no need to incur more public debt for that which is already free.

So, all these 17 and 18 year olds that are applying for colleges, should just "do it for free?"

Its astonishing that practically everyone in the entire world has not arrived at the same conclusion you have discovered.

Why do you suppose that is?
Because they are all sheep.

It's no different from the grow up get married have kids shit.

People do not think about it they just do it and anyone who doesn't is thought of as strange.

Face it folks most of the shit these 18 year olds take in college is just as easily learned in independent study.

Anyone can design their own liberal arts curriculum, even math through calculus can be done in a self study environment.

It's a shame that people listen to you folks who tell them they can't do shit rather than those who tell them they can.

What little faith you all have in people.

It is amazing to Me the lack of thought people put into blanket statements like, “There is no downside to more education." Particularly when their idea of an ‘education’ is nothing more than a diploma.

What is the value of a high school diploma today? The answer is readily apparent in today’s job market. There is a little value to a high school diploma. That is because they are so common as to be worthless.

When people talk about other nations enacting programs to educate everyone, and then want to apply it to this nation, they really are doing the entire nation, and the world, a disservice.

Not everyone is cut out for higher education. Not everyone wants a higher education.

How about a smarter education system, and a rudimentary education for all, just as a start?

Bad reasoning on a HS diploma.. Try raising a family WITHOUT one. Don't care how common they are. I care that EVERYONE GETS ONE.

But I DO agree with most of the rest of your post.. Except instead of..
Not everyone is cut out for higher education. Not everyone wants a higher education.

I would change that to -- Not everyone is cut out for a 4 yr degree or Graduate work. BUT --- the changes in the definition of a job means that EVERYONE MUST have higher education after High School..

21st century jobs require flexibility and initiative. And everyone needs to plan on CONTINUING education. It's gonna hurt, but if we DON'T raise minimum standards for workers --- it's gonna get ugly. Rather than arguing about FREE college -- we should be talking about the infrastructure to acquire and hone skills piecemeal for a lifetime..

Shall I go on?

I said education...look at their population then look at ours. This false comparison you just made is like asking you "How many blue crosses does the US have on their flag? None! Shall I go on"

Yet their "superior" education only allows them to be "superior" in........education?

Silly me, I thought there was actually a PURPOSE for this effort, and a RESULT that would have NATIONAL BENEFITS.

Excuse me but I missed the part where a more educated public is a bad thing. Could you say a few words on that?

Sure.

Yeah, starving to death is generally agreed upon as not favorable. But can you tell us why a more educated public is a bad thing?

More Educated Public is not a bad thing.

A Less Productive Public is a bad thing.

Wasting Resources is a bad thing.

Segregating a society as heterogeneous as the USA is a bad thing.

Creating one thing that is good is not worth creating three or more things that are bad.

Shall I go on?

Sure.

Simply a matter of timing and priorities.. You teach kids to self-motivate their education in High School, then get them a skill set to SURVIVE and THRIVE, and once they get going --- they have an ENTIRE LIFETIME to "get educated"... They just have to set that as a priority.. There is no FOUR YEAR RUSH to greatness..

Anyone who wants to be better educated can do it for free or nearly so already. There is no need to incur more public debt for that which is already free.

So, all these 17 and 18 year olds that are applying for colleges, should just "do it for free?"

Its astonishing that practically everyone in the entire world has not arrived at the same conclusion you have discovered.

Why do you suppose that is?
Because they are all sheep.

It's no different from the grow up get married have kids shit.

People do not think about it they just do it and anyone who doesn't is thought of as strange.

Face it folks most of the shit these 18 year olds take in college is just as easily learned in independent study.

Anyone can design their own liberal arts curriculum, even math through calculus can be done in a self study environment.

It's a shame that people listen to you folks who tell them they can't do shit rather than those who tell them they can.

What little faith you all have in people.

Everyone is Sheep? Really? EVERYONE???

So you are the example of someone who put this resume together:

Name: Skull Pilot
Education: Self Taught Liberal Arts
Objective: To Contribute to the growth and profitability of a Multinational Corporation
Experience: USMB Contributing Member​

BTW: The proposal is to hand over Higher Education to the SAME group of bureaucrats and special interests and fans of HUGE govt that think it's just peachy to have 65% HS graduation rate and LOWER standardized expectations.. Think everyone is getting EQUALLY brilliant under those conditions???

Except in THIS CENTURY --- it's literally a matter of life and death to do it RIGHT and actually get to every student with the proper attitude and message. This aint no thought experiment anymore.. We are on the ledge of irrelevancy in the World trade scheme of things..

Why is competition more of an important topic than educating the next generation of leaders?

Because LEADERS don't come out of STANDARDIZED, HOMOGENIZED, institutions run by a Fed bureaucracy..

Without competition, costs go up, quality is cut off at the knees.
That's why...

Leaders come from everywhere. If that was the case about quality we'd be ahead of everyone else but we arent, which blows a hole in that whole theory

Why is competition more of an important topic than educating the next generation of leaders?

Because LEADERS don't come out of STANDARDIZED, HOMOGENIZED, institutions run by a Fed bureaucracy..

Without competition, costs go up, quality is cut off at the knees.
That's why...

Leaders come from everywhere. If that was the case about quality we'd be ahead of everyone else but we arent, which blows a hole in that whole theory

REALLY MAN? Not that being a President requires any skills, but when's the last one of those that graduated from a STATE run University?

See -- now they don't REQUIRE any special skills OTHER than leadership and executive ability. A law degree or nuclear physics degree usually DOOMS them to Prez irrelevance.

But now Wozniak and Jobs and Gates needed...... OH WAIT -- they didn't did they???

Yes

Let's teach our children that nothing is really worth working for.

Actually, it would level the playing field somewhat. We need a healthy, educated, country to succeed. It would give youngsters a chance to start out without being in debt, and would help our economy.

Just curious.

How economically successful has Finland become?

Why don't you fucking read something? Actually Finland is doing quite well.

How are we doing, is the better question. Right now we rank somewhere are #35 in mathematics, but we're number 1 in incarceration.

Where's my flag? I want to wave it.

Those are not governance problems, they're racial problems:

121910_ss001c_zpsd3b33c1c.png

So if you don't get a college education how does one start off at a high wage? All I hear is that people need to get trained in skills that make them attractive to employers. Well that is basically more education. Working your tail off and barely getting by is no way to live. Raising the minimum wage isn't the answer I do agree. But starting off at a low wage and working your butt off to scrape by is avoidable and something one should aspire to. That requires training whether it be tech school or college. Simply entering the work force at 18 and making lower wages is something to avoid... at all costs.

So if you don't get a college education how does one start off at a high wage? All I hear is that people need to get trained in skills that make them attractive to employers. Well that is basically more education. Working your tail off and barely getting by is no way to live. Raising the minimum wage isn't the answer I do agree. But starting off at a low wage and working your butt off to scrape by is avoidable and something one should aspire to. That requires training whether it be tech school or college. Simply entering the work force at 18 and making lower wages is something to avoid... at all costs.

The answer has always been the same. Make yourself VALUABLE to your employer. Be the best.

But TODAY -- for your own good -- you should never work a dead end low skills job UNLESS --- you are currently enrolled SOMEWHERE to increase your skills or add to the toolbox...

The list of WELL paying in demand jobs that you can get with a 2yr Community College degree or 1 yr trade diploma is pretty good.. And KEEP GOING after that.

Education never ends.. Especially for the future of "jobs"..

"I don't know. Why does it matter "

Because we don't need anyone working at low wage jobs. A low wage job does society no good and it doesn't help the economy. Top that off with unless one lives at home with their parents a low paying job cannot provide a living for a person. The goal would be to eliminate all those jobs so everyone has a high paying job. Of course that cannot happen but if employers have a hard time finding people to work their low wage jobs that would be a good thing.

Forum List

Back