Thinking about changing my overall philosophy on life.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I'm about >< this close to becoming a card-carrying pessimist.

I want snow. It's supposed to snow. It never snows.

I want the Seahawks to win. They ALMOST win...they never 'win'.

Same for mariners or sonics.

I'm extremely tired of being let-down.

My mom.
My wife.
The Weather.
'My' Teams.

I'm tired of hoping things will change, then realizing things never do. People will always let you down, despite one or two glimpses of hope throughout the year. No Seattle Team will succeed in 'dominating' any single sport for more than one year. The weather will always do what i LEAST want it do. Liberals and Democrats will ALWAYS find a way to convinced a soul-less, mindless public that 'speed kills' or 'it's about a woman's right to choose' or 'we need to re-distribute the money of the wealthy, to the have-nots'.

:(

I'd submit my application to the NorthWest Pessimists club, but I doubt they'd approve it.

It seems too long since things 'went my way' for more than one or two things...ya know?

-=d=- said:
I'd submit my application to the NorthWest Pessimists club, but I doubt they'd approve it.

Sounds like pessimism to me. Try to be more optimistic, they'll probably accept your application!

:laugh:

-=d=- said:

My mom.
My wife.
The Weather.
'My' Teams.

I'm tired of hoping things will change, then realizing things never do. People will always let you down, despite one or two glimpses of hope throughout the year. No Seattle Team will succeed in 'dominating' any single sport for more than one year. The weather will always do what i LEAST want it do. Liberals and Democrats will ALWAYS find a way to convinced a soul-less, mindless public that 'speed kills' or 'it's about a woman's right to choose' or 'we need to re-distribute the money of the wealthy, to the have-nots'.

It seems too long since things 'went my way' for more than one or two things...ya know?
Don't feel bad you got it better then most, for instance. Somehow I owe the courts money, yet I can't join the military until its paid off. Don't you think I could pay it off if I was in the military. The world is BS a convict can join the military to pay off his debt to soceity, but a person cant join if he owes the state some money it's all a bunch of BS. I fu**ing hate the system. Its all crap!

All smartass comments aside, this thread is a joke, right???

-=d=- said:
I rarely joke...I'm quite serious. :)

Shall I yell at you here, or in PMs, because I think you're off your rocker?

Life's too short to be pessimistic about. All a pessimist is is someone who focuses only on the bad things in life. Yeah, life is full of let-downs, and lots of bad stuff, but, hey, that's life. Life is a series of moments, some good some bad, and it's important to know that no matter how many bad moments you've had, a good one is on its way.

-=d=- said:

My mom.
My wife.
The Weather.
'My' Teams.

Ok. Yelling here.

1) It's snow - who gives a crap? If you want snow, move.

2) Seahawks? It's a game - life as you know it will not change if they win, or lose. Pick a different team. :)

How, precisely, are you being "let down"? You have an absolutely gorgeous wife who you *sound* like you love to death, two kids that look exceptionally well taken care of, healthy, and happy, and you think some stinkin weather and/or sports teams are going to make your life better than that somehow???

AHHHHHHH! I know people who would kill for what you *seem* to have.

So, is everything you display here a front, or what? Are you really that miserable, and do you really have good reason to turn in to a pessimist?

Shall I take my soapbox with me, whilst I exit in a hurry? :)

Smile. Life as you know it could be much, much, MUCH worse.

wolvie20m said:
I don't blame you if you don't expect anything good you'll never be dissapointed.

And you will never plan for a better future...

It costs too much time and energy to be thinking up all the bad things that could happen.

Thanks folks - I never stated I was unhappy...I do realize how fortunate I am:

I drive i car I love
I live in a semi-nice house
I have a great job
I have kids who love me and take discipline :)

However, my complaints stem from things just 'not happening' according to my hopes or plans or such.

-=d=- said:
Thanks folks - I never stated I was unhappy...I do realize how fortunate I am:

I drive i car I love
I live in a semi-nice house
I have a great job
I have kids who love me and take discipline :)

However, my complaints stem from things just 'not happening' according to my hopes or plans or such.

In that case, start hoping that I don't win the lottery, or that I don't win thousands of dollars on Jeopardy... :D

-=d=- said:

Don't take offense, but I suggest you get over it, and figure it out. If I had your attitude, I still be where I was 7 years ago. And I mean that in the nicest way. :)

no1tovote4 said:
And you will never plan for a better future...

It costs too much time and energy to be thinking up all the bad things that could happen.
I don't dwell on the bad things, I just have come to accept good things don't happen to me, so I've come to not expect them, and to expect to kicked while I'm down cause thats just the way the world is for alot of us. Though Shattered has a nice life, and he should see that. Trust me it can always get worse.

wolvie20m said:
I don't dwell on the bad things, I just have come to accept good things don't happen to me, so I've come to not expect them, and to expect to kicked while I'm down cause thats just the way the world is for alot of us. Though Shattered has a nice life, and he should see that. Trust me it can always get worse.

Scuse me? Shattered's most definitely, and without a doubt a "she". Perhaps you were referring to D?

Forum List

Back