thinking about buying a Suburu station wagon

ahhh dude sometimes life gives you a lemon.....but again its still the only car i will drive ..in all fairness i will rent a car for a long trip now....subbie is getting some miles on here...nearly 200 k

Eco-hybrids are all the rage, which means you can find a good deal too, since the innovative models (i.e., electric motor engine) are creating sweet price wars. You want to be an in-the-know consumer if you're still web-wandering this holiday season.

Happy Halloween...

guess they are either the Forester or Outback and then there is a smaller station wagon . Anyone have any advice on Suburu . I want the station wagon , small SUV style. I've had Hondas and Toyotas these last 10 years and currently drive a Honda Fit and have an 89 longbed Nissan pickup that I drive sparingly . Guess that I'm wide open to any suggestion or advice on brand . Have only been looking on the internet and the Nissan Rogue looks pretty nice for maybe 23 thousand . Yep , any advice , info would be appreciated !! The Suburus look good but I have no experience at all with them . Cheaper with quality is best and any advice on any brand is what I'd like . Thank You !!

My mother had a Suburu. She had problems with it and I told her all she needed to do was change the fuel filter. She did not believe me, so she sold it.

The new owner told her all he did was change the fuel filter, and it ran like a charm.

No one listens to me.

Shadow 355

My mother had a Suburu. She had problems with it and I told her all she needed to do was change the fuel filter. She did not believe me, so she sold it.

The new owner told her all he did was change the fuel filter, and it ran like a charm.

No one listens to me.
Shadow 355

Boy did I learn my lesson on the damn fuel filter.

A few years ago I bought a 1998 Mercedes C230 in ok shape. It had some body rust but nothing horrible. I repained the rusty areas and it looked pretty damn decent. I marked it up 1000 dollars from what I bought it for and listed it. First person who saw it drove down from Arkansas to buy it no questions asked. He took it for a test drive and said it didn't run right. Well, I drove it and it ran ok. He took it back out, ran bad. I finally got it to run bad too, only if you stomped it. Well, I sold him the damn car for 500 less than I paid for it because I felt bad because I told them it ran fine and they drove like 500 miles to come get it and it didn't run right when they got here.

The next day they text me and say they got it running great. I asked what they did, they said they put a fuel filter on it. A 25 dollar part and they got a 3500 dollar car for 2 grand.

No one listens to me.
Shadow 355

Boy did I learn my lesson on the damn fuel filter.

A few years ago I bought a 1998 Mercedes C230 in ok shape. It had some body rust but nothing horrible. I repained the rusty areas and it looked pretty damn decent. I marked it up 1000 dollars from what I bought it for and listed it. First person who saw it drove down from Arkansas to buy it no questions asked. He took it for a test drive and said it didn't run right. Well, I drove it and it ran ok. He took it back out, ran bad. I finally got it to run bad too, only if you stomped it. Well, I sold him the damn car for 500 less than I paid for it because I felt bad because I told them it ran fine and they drove like 500 miles to come get it and it didn't run right when they got here.

The next day they text me and say they got it running great. I asked what they did, they said they put a fuel filter on it. A 25 dollar part and they got a 3500 dollar car for 2 grand.
It pays to change the filters regularily. I have never sold a car without changing the oil(and filter), air filter, and fuel filter. It's worth the time and money to be sure. Also, makes it look like you take great care of your car, even if you don't. I've bought a couple lemons that had such "lip-stick" slapped on. Man was I a fool when I was younger...

As far as Subaru's go, great cars, had an '84 GL wagon, FWD with the 1.8 opposing four, and five speed manual. Great little car, not much on power, but got the job done. I understand they are FAR more powerful than they used to be. I have heard of ALOT of them going 200k+ without much trouble.

Forum List

Back