Think you have what it take to run a country?

DKSuddeth said:
Odd how I have a nation of hippies...and I'm higher than YOU. :poke: :laugh:

I'm 5th..... most of my hash smokin citizens didn't make it to the testing station on time (had to stop at 7-11 on the way for a Slurpee and a bag of chips) so that dropped our national average. The ones that did make it on time only did so cuz we put a sign out front that read "Free Pizza and Bong Hits".

Check out my fledgling nation of Karrenia. I'm going to say it's an island nation with a large armada of both warships and trading ships. I'm going for a moderately conservative free Democracy. So far, so good. A few civil rights, high political freedoms and a strong economy. Good, good.

Oh, and I think the resolution, as I read it, anyway, is bull. People who use illegal drugs and share needles know the risks, and I'll be damned if the taxpayers of Karrenia are going to help them prolong their drug habit with fewer risks. I'm against reducing the risk involved in any illegal activity.

The Confederacy of South Puyallup
"Gop_Jeff is the Man!"

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=south_puyallup

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights:Average
Economy:Very Strong
Political Freedoms:Excellent

The Confederacy of South Puyallup is a small, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Religion & Spirituality. Income tax is unheard of. A robust private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming industries.

Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime is pervasive. South Puyallup's national animal is the greyhound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.

South Puyallup is ranked 7th in the region and 70,500th in the world for Largest Gambling Industries.

------------------
OK, I'm wanting to be the UN delegate. Who's voting for me?

my nation went from a frozen wasteland to a lush forestland! I am soooooo happy now. When I first signed up I thought - bummer, in this environment I couldn't grow any good weed outdoors! Now today, I find out that I live in a lush forest! Yippee! I am confident the abilities to grow weed here will be much improved!!!
:dance:

freeandfun1 said:
my nation went from a frozen wasteland to a lush forestland! I am soooooo happy now. When I first signed up I thought - bummer, in this environment I couldn't grow any good weed outdoors! Now today, I find out that I live in a lush forest! Yippee! I am confident the abilities to grow weed here will be much improved!!!
:dance:

~note to self~ buy D-con and Weed-b-Gone!

Kathianne said:
~note to self~ buy D-con and Weed-b-Gone!

Are our nations on the brink of warfare?!!??

My gawd lass..... do you realize the threat you are posing here? Don't make me resort to pre-emptive actions!

:blowup:

freeandfun1 said:
Are our nations on the brink of warfare?!!??

My gawd lass..... do you realize the threat you are posing here? Don't make me resort to pre-emptive actions!

:blowup:

:eek2: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Watch out for DK he's hoping to take the world over, not just a country.

The archapeligo (sp?) of Karrenia will use its massive armada to prevent an enemy army from reaching its shores. Our country seeks to keep a mainly isolationist viewpoint, but if its allies are attacked, the offending nation will soon find its navy at the bottom of the ocean.

My nation refuses to join the United Nations due to their rediculous requirement that all member nations recognize gay marriages. It was, like, the third resolution they passed.

House Cats on the Dinner Table?

Government Acts
The Issue
In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Blondehashland's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that House Cats could be added to the menu.

The Debate
"The fact is, the House Cat population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Alexei Dodinas. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have House Cat kebabs, House Cat pies, House Cat-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."
[Accept]

"I agree that something needs to be done about House Cat over-population," says random passer-by Charles O'Bannon, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."
[Accept]

"I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Jack Clinton. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The House Cats were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The House Cat is part of what makes Blondehashland a great nation!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
The Government Position
The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.

:dev2:

Meat-eating is frowned upon, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime is moderate. Blondehashland's national animal is the House Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Blunt.

Hobbit said:
My nation refuses to join the United Nations due to their rediculous requirement that all member nations recognize gay marriages. It was, like, the third resolution they passed.

Join and endorse me and I will work to overcome the ludicrous liberal pervasiveness of the UN. Campaign promise! :D

Forum List

Back