Think there's no proof for evolution? Have a cigarette!

Do you know what amazes me? The same people who deny the existence of a Creator - because He doesn't show up for Happy Hour at their favorite local dive - will argue, in the face of all reason and evidence to the contrary, that homosexuality poses no threat to society.

Anybody up for some nice, unprotected sex in a San Francisco bathhouse?

GotZoom said:
1. Do you believe in evolution?

2. Do you believe cigarettes cause cancer?

Yes and Yes.

Otherwise I don't understand the point of this thread either....

GotZoom said:
I have always thought that scientists actually cause cancer in laboratory rats.
Nope. Laboratory mice cause cancer...they are the common denominator in all the research.

musicman said:
Do you know what amazes me? The same people who deny the existence of a Creator - because He doesn't show up for Happy Hour at their favorite local dive - will argue, in the face of all reason and evidence to the contrary, that homosexuality poses no threat to society.

Anybody up for some nice, unprotected sex in a San Francisco bathhouse?

I believe its the unprotected sex with multiple partners that poses the threat, not the homosexuality.

The only "threat" homosexuality poses is that it makes those are are in the closet and compensate by hating on gays a little uncomfortable.

SpidermanTuba said:
I believe its the unprotected sex with multiple partners that poses the threat, not the homosexuality.

Right. AIDS was brought here by aliens from Saturn (or was it Uranus?).

SpidermanTuba said:
The only "threat" homosexuality poses is that it makes those are are in the closet and compensate by hating on gays a little uncomfortable.

Sorry, Spiderman - no sale. That bullshit only works on frightened little students.

SpidermanTuba said:
AIDS was brought here by people who chose not to have protected sex.

AIDS was brought here by an airline steward who chose to have unprotected sex with an African man - who had chosen to have unprotected sex with monkeys. The airline steward then chose to have sex with other men in every city in the industrialized world; the seed had been sown. But the disease found critical mass in San Francisco, where promiscuous, unprotected, homosexual relations were the order of the day. Once doctors figured out what was going on, they advanced the quite reasonable suggestion that the 4000 or so early cases be quarantined.

If this had been done, "What is AIDS?" would be a jackpot question on Jeopardy today. Enter the powerful gay lobby. A quarantine - they argued - would reflect badly on the homosexual community. In other words, a negative public perception of homosexuality was a greater threat than an epidemic! Sure is comforting to know that the Brotherhood of the Hershey Highway had it's priorities in order, isn't it?

So - just for once, Spiderman - let's tell the WHOLE truth. AIDS was brought here by - and proliferated here because of - homosexuals - who placed their desire to have promiscuous, unprotected relations - without judgement or consequences - above the safety and well-being of humanity.

musicman said:
AIDS was brought here by an airline steward who chose to have unprotected sex with an African man - who had chosen to have unprotected sex with monkeys.

Discredited. The French-Canadian was Patient "O", as in the letter of the alphabet, mistakenly identified by the press as "patient zero"

"Much was made in the early years of the epidemic of a so-called 'Patient Zero' who was the basis of a complex "transmission scenario" compiled by Dr. William Darrow and colleagues at the Centre for Disease Control in the US. This epidemiological study showed how 'Patient O' (mistakenly identified in the press as 'Patient Zero') had given HIV to multiple partners, who then in turn transmitted it to others and rapidly spread the virus to locations all over the world. A journalist, Randy Shilts, subsequently wrote an article based on Darrow's findings, which named Patient Zero as a gay Canadian flight attendant called Gaetan Dugas. For several years, Dugas was vilified as a 'mass spreader' of HIV and the original source of the HIV epidemic among gay men. However, four years after the publication of Shilts' article, Dr. Darrow repudiated his study, admitting its methods were flawed and that Shilts' had misrepresented its conclusions."

http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

Don't know where you got the 1 degree of separation between the steward and a monkey, I can't find that anywhere.

The airline steward then chose to have sex with other men in every city in the industrialized world; the seed had been sown. But the disease found critical mass in San Francisco, where promiscuous, unprotected, homosexual relations were the order of the day. Once doctors figured out what was going on, they advanced the quite reasonable suggestion that the 4000 or so early cases be quarantined.

If this had been done, "What is AIDS?" would be a jackpot question on Jeopardy today.

That's laughable. AIDS would still exist in other parts of the world, unless you want to make it illegal to have sex with anyone but a US citizen, it would end up here somehow.

So - just for once, Spiderman - let's tell the WHOLE truth. AIDS was brought here by - and proliferated here because of - homosexuals - who placed their desire to have promiscuous, unprotected relations - without judgement or consequences - above the safety and well-being of humanity.

As you know, AIDS is also heterosexually transmitted. It could have just as easily been brought here by straight people.

AIDS isn't some sort of disease you can get by someone sneezing on you. If you don't want it, don't have unprotected sex, or better yet, don't have sex to you're married. Same as with any other STD.

When are you going to place blame for syphillis on straight people? I'm waiting....

SpidermanTuba said:

Ah, yes - discredited - as in, having the essential facts smothered in an avalanche of preposterous alternate conclusions. I first got the story from ABC News 20/20, so it was obviously a hateful, bigoted, anti-homosexual hatchet piece to begin with, right? Damn that mainstream media - the lackeys of the homophobic Christian right!

SpidermanTuba said:
Don't know where you got the 1 degree of separation between the steward and a monkey, I can't find that anywhere.

Try your own link, but - I warn you - you're going to need a pickaxe to mine any common-sense conclusions out of THAT slag heap of lame rationalizations. Don't take my word for it; read from the link:

SpidermanTuba said:
CONCLUSIONS

It is likely that we will never know how, when and where AIDS actually originated. Scientists investigating the possibilities often become very attached to their individual 'pet' theories and insist that theirs is the only true answer, but the spread of AIDS could quite conceivably have been induced by a combination of many different events. Whether through injections, travel, wars, colonial practices or genetic engineering, the realities of the 20th Century have undoubtedly had a major role to play. So perhaps what we should be focussing on now is not how the AIDS epidemic originated, but how we can treat those affected by it, continue to prevent the spread of HIV and change our world to stop something similar from happening again.

Sweet Jesus - do they mean to tell us that promicuous, careless, self-centered, and politically powerful homosexuals DON'T EVEN RATE A MENTION???!!!

I rest my case.

SpidermanTuba said:
That's laughable. AIDS would still exist in other parts of the world, unless you want to make it illegal to have sex with anyone but a US citizen, it would end up here somehow...
...As you know, AIDS is also heterosexually transmitted. It could have just as easily been brought here by straight people.

It would never have found the critical mass it did in homosexual, promiscuous, careless, self-centered, and politically powerful San Francisco. How could it have?

SpidermanTuba said:
AIDS isn't some sort of disease you can get by someone sneezing on you. If you don't want it, don't have unprotected sex, or better yet, don't have sex to you're married. Same as with any other STD...
...When are you going to place blame for syphillis on straight people? I'm waiting....

You're weaving and drifting all over the map. At issue is the origin and proliferation of AIDS in America. Please try to keep your eye on the ball(s).

SpidermanTuba said:
No it doesn't. You seem to lack understanding of even the fundamentals of the scientific method. If one person gets lung cancer, and they also smoke, this does not prove a causal relationship. THe might also eat blueberry muffins every moring, this doesn't show that bluberry muffins can cause cancer..
I meant to say , smoking causes cancer. anyways, my point isnt that you show one time of a person who smokes developing cancer, what I am saying is IF,,IF you prove, just one time, that smoking caused cancer in a patient, IM NOT saying you can or it has been done, Im saying IF YOU CAN, then the arguement is over about smoking causing cancer, we know it does. Maybe not always, but it does at times.
Now evolution on the other hand, no matter how much evidence you have that it could have happened, doesnt prove it did happen. Plus, if you just run into ONE incident or situation that would prove evolution couldnt have happened , and I am only talking about the origination of life, not what happened after, then one incident of proving one link in the chain leading to spontaneous life couldnt have happened, then its proven it couldnt have happened.

Again, you failed to respond to the fact that one proof is of something only in the past, the other is of something currently going on, thus the standards of proof are different, hence you cant compare the two.

Evolution makes predictions about what fossils we will observe in present day now. It has thus far been successful at predicting many of the attributes of the fossils we find. Thus it is a useful theory. ID makes no such predictions, thus it is useless.[/QUOTE]

SpidermanTuba said:

Unprotected ANAL sex is unhealthy, as is protected anal sex. Men are notorously NOT monogamous. Women keep relationships together more than men. Thats why marriage is so essential, without out it, its mans natural proclivity to spread his seed around.

Lesbian relations are much much much more often monogamous than homosexual men. Since their is no woman in the relationship of two homosexual men, there is almost always nobody to insist on fidelity.

musicman said:
Ah, yes - discredited - as in, having the essential facts smothered in an avalanche of preposterous alternate conclusions. I first got the story from ABC News 20/20, so it was obviously a hateful, bigoted, anti-homosexual hatchet piece to begin with, right? Damn that mainstream media - the lackeys of the homophobic Christian right!

I'm going to go ahead and take the word of the scientist who did the study over the intepretation of any media outlet of his study.

Try your own link, but - I warn you - you're going to need a pickaxe to mine any common-sense conclusions out of THAT slag heap of lame rationalizations. Don't take my word for it; read from the link:

There's nothing in that link which suggests that Patient O had sex with an african who had sex with a monkey.

Sweet Jesus - do they mean to tell us that promicuous, careless, self-centered, and politically powerful homosexuals DON'T EVEN RATE A MENTION???!!!

They are referring to how the HIV virus first entered into a human, not how it is spread. You have trouble with context, don't you? Even if it was a man fucking a monkey, that's called "beasteality" not homosexuality.

I rest my case.

Then you lose.

It would never have found the critical mass it did in homosexual, promiscuous, careless, self-centered, and politically powerful San Francisco. How could it have?

Its all over africa and primarily a heterosexual disease.

You're weaving and drifting all over the map. At issue is the origin and proliferation of AIDS in America. Please try to keep your eye on the ball(s).

Are you suggesting that if AIDS didn't come here in the early 80's that it wouldn't have ended up here later?

Globally, AIDS is primarily a heterosexual disease. Its got a higher incidence amongst homosexuals in this country because they happened to be the first group of people to bring it it.

I'm afraid your hatred of gay people has yet to do anything to change the facts.

LuvRPgrl said:
I meant to say , smoking causes cancer. anyways, my point isnt that you show one time of a person who smokes developing cancer, what I am saying is IF,,IF you prove, just one time, that smoking caused cancer in a patient, IM NOT saying you can or it has been done, Im saying IF YOU CAN, then the arguement is over about smoking causing cancer, we know it does. Maybe not always, but it does at times.

Well we have already observed speciation - the creation of new species - in nature through evolutionary processes. So there you go.

Now evolution on the other hand, no matter how much evidence you have that it could have happened, doesnt prove it did happen.

Since its clearly your belief that scientific evidence cannot be used to support scientific theories, I can only conclude that your brain's wiring is severely messed up and that its no point in arguing with you.

Again, you failed to respond to the fact that one proof is of something only in the past, the other is of something currently going on, thus the standards of proof are different, hence you cant compare the two.

Are you saying that you can't prove Abraham Lincoln existed? Or Jesus? Or Caesar?
They're in the past, aren't they?

LuvRPgrl said:
Unprotected ANAL sex is unhealthy, as is protected anal sex. Men are notorously NOT monogamous. Women keep relationships together more than men. Thats why marriage is so essential, without out it, its mans natural proclivity to spread his seed around.

Sounds like a good argument for gay marriage to me.

SpidermanTuba said:
I'm going to go ahead and take the word of the scientist who did the study over the intepretation of any media outlet of his study.

So, science cannot be politicized? I suggest you read, "It Ain't Necessarily So". Twisting science to suit an ideological agenda is a breeze - it happens all the time; your link, for example. It's homosexual apologist crap.

SpidermanTuba said:
There's nothing in that link which suggests that Patient O had sex with an african who had sex with a monkey.

If you have already determined that 2+2=5, the integers could glow in the dark, and you'd still add them up wrong.

SpidermanTuba said:
They are referring to how the HIV virus first entered into a human, not how it is spread. You have trouble with context, don't you?

Why don't you re-read your own crap link? The Conclusion, which I cited, dealt specifically with the question of how AIDS was spread. What do you have trouble with - English?

SpidermanTuba said:
Even if it was a man fucking a monkey, that's called "beasteality" not homosexuality.

Do you even think before you post?

SpidermanTuba said:
Then you lose.

No - humanity loses - particularly if we follow your lead, and bury our heads in the sand.

SpidermanTuba said:
Are you suggesting that if AIDS didn't come here in the early 80's that it wouldn't have ended up here later?

Speculation is useless. However, if it had come via, say, junkie whores, it would never have found critical mass: it would have been brought under control - unless, of couse, it had hit the homosexual community before sane, reasonable medical action could be taken. It is because the big city homosexual community was promiscuous, possessed political power, and didn't give a rat's ass about public safety that AIDS got a foothold in the U.S.. Thanks a lot, guys. Gee, we ought to figure out ways to FURTHER legitimize this lifestyle!

SpidermanTuba said:
Globally, AIDS is primarily a heterosexual disease. Its got a higher incidence amongst homosexuals in this country because they happened to be the first group of people to bring it [in].

That's the point I've been trying to make all along. Thanks for nailing it in for me.

SpidermanTuba said:
I'm afraid your hatred of gay people has yet to do anything to change the facts.

Ah - I get it. My refusal to don the Spiderman opaque sunglasses makes me a hater. Gotcha.

around 1800 years ago convinces so many people here that homosexuality is "wrong" and that the theory of evolution should be rejected. Do you ever ask yourselves whether this makes sense?

I can certainly agree that ancient wisdom can be profound. After all, the first Hindu stories are now being dated to 6000 years ago. But ancient wisdom can also be totally wrong. Nearly everyone 1800 years ago (except a few Hindus and a few Greeks) thought the world was flat and sat at the center of the universe.

Open your minds, people. Your dogmatic acceptance of the ideas of ancient people might be blinding you to reality. Dogmatism about spiritual or ethical truths makes sense. Dogmatism about social or scientific truths doesn't.

Mariner.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl

SpidermanTuba said:
Sounds like a good argument for gay marriage to me.

Spiderman:

Please read LuvRPgrl's post, then your reply. Do this again and again. When the idea dawns on you that your reply is seriously retarded, you may stop; you will have arrived at the truth, and may have a cookie.

Forum List

Back