Think there's no proof for evolution? Have a cigarette!

Merlin said:
I'm sorry they lost their lives to asbestos. I do believe asbestos is bad for some people, but I don't believe it is any worse than other elements on our earth are on other people. Pick any element on earth and it is going to affect someone somewhere.

Oxygen.

Asbestos isn't an element. Neither is benzene.

Its just that myself and coworkers has worked with asbestos and their elements for over 50 years, and I haven't met anyone anywhere in my life that has had any bad side effect from asbestos.

and you're going to die of lung cancer.

Merlin said:
I'm sorry they lost their lives to asbestos. I do believe asbestos is bad for some people, but I don't believe it is any worse than other elements on our earth are on other people. Pick any element on earth and it is going to affect someone somewhere. Its just that myself and coworkers has worked with asbestos and their elements for over 50 years, and I haven't met anyone anywhere in my life that has had any bad side effect from asbestos. I believe there are too many people that "Cry Wolf" and stir up a dust storm about nothing. I've always said to the cry wolfs that "life is life, live it or get out of it but let me alone, I don't believe you".

Their were exposed to asbestose used on construction sites, not in it's raw form, but that only means it's probably more dangerous because it was old in most cases. The latency period for cancer caused by asbestos is quite long, you could have it and not even know it. It's extremely deadly, all three were fine one day and dead 6-12 months later.

I know you're confident, but how can you be sure you're cancer free right now?

SpidermanTuba said:
Oxygen.

Asbestos isn't an element. Neither is benzene.

and you're going to die of lung cancer.
Everything on this God's green earth is an element. If I die of lung cancer, so be it. They still won't know what caused it. Besides, I've lived far too long now.

Said1 said:
Their were exposed to asbestose used on construction sites, not in it's raw form, but that only means it's probably more dangerous because it was old in most cases. The latency period for cancer caused by asbestos is quite long, you could have it and not even know it. It's extremely deadly, all three were fine one day and dead 6-12 months later.

I know you're confident, but how can you be sure you're cancer free right now?
I was born with a birth defect of abnormally small arteries and after 4 heart attacks they said I didn't have but a few more months at the outside. I've had the 5th one since then. That was 8 years ago and I'm still kicking around. Admittedly, I spend approximately 4 month of each year in the hospital and they go over me with a fine toothed comb. So far just the arteries is the cause for the attacks. I've spent 40+ years in refineries and chemical plants around the U.S. and a lot of it was before the word safety was even brought up.

Merlin said:
I was born with a birth defect of abnormally small arteries and after 4 heart attacks they said I didn't have but a few more months at the outside. I've had the 5th one since then. That was 8 years ago and I'm still kicking around. Admittedly, I spend approximately 4 month of each year in the hospital and they go over me with a fine toothed comb. So far just the arteries is the cause for the attacks. I've spent 40+ years in refineries and chemical plants around the U.S. and a lot of it was before the word safety was even brought up.

Good, I'm glad your ok in that resepect.

Like I said, I don't know the extend of your exposure, older stuff that has begun to break down is the most deadliest, from what I've read.

Merlin said:
Everything on this God's green earth is an element.

Look at a table of elements and tell me where water is.

If I die of lung cancer, so be it. They still won't know what caused it.

Of course they won't, you've been foolishly exposing yourself to so many different carcinogens your whole life, some out of ignorance, most out of stupidity, there's no way they'll be able to tell which one had the greater effect.

Besides, I've lived far too long now.

Then why don't you kill yourself?

SpidermanTuba said:
Look at a table of elements and tell me where water is.

So you deny that Water is made from the building blocks of everything in existence that we know of? Two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen, I think you can find them on that table of elements. You could also find all of the elements that make up a person, a dog, a tree, etc....

I actually heard Bill Maher say something very funny/interesting about the choices we make. He said government (and other people) should stay out of those decisions because not every question is going to be answered in favor of good health and longer life. He said "fun costs. Sammy Davis, Jr., lived 64 years and I'd rather have 64 Sammy years, than 150 Ken Starr years".

I thought there was some truth to that.:cool:

jillian said:
I actually heard Bill Maher say something very funny/interesting about the choices we make. He said government (and other people) should stay out of those decisions because not every question is going to be answered in favor of good health and longer life. He said "fun costs. Sammy Davis, Jr., lived 64 years and I'd rather have 64 Sammy years, than 150 Ken Starr years".

i would rather have dean martin years

jillian said:

Hey, Bill: Get back to us on that when you are 63, kay?

:blah2: :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back