Think-Tank Says Trained Chimp Can Predict Hurricanes Better Than NOAA.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Gatekeeper, May 18, 2010.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
  2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    They're basing their outlook on political leanings. That doesn't bode well for their scientific analysis of the situation. It's becoming more and more clear that the deniers don't care about the science. They've basically lost the argument and are basing their objections on political considerations and only use scientific jargon to confuse the unsophisticated.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Millions now can see that their 'scientific analysis' has been influenced more by political agendas than anything else. The "Rep Points" in the scientific communities are in the RED and unlikely to recover for a long period of time. People are fed up with being misled and bamboozled by these carnies.

4. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,775

Well when you consider just how bad the "scientific" community (especially the AGW drones) has failed I think it might be close! Remember this? Arctic warmer than ever in it's history in 2009....WRONG, it was actually warmer in 2002. Remkember the british "scientist" who predicted a mere two years ago that "children in the UK would not know what snow is, just before the UK was slammed by its worst winter in decades....and the clowns still tried to make people believe it was the warmest winter ever...what tools!

Oh yes and just to make it real simple for you...they are mocking your side...it is called sarcasm, but you wouldn't understand that.

The Antarctic Sun: News about Antarctica - Highs and Lows

5. jason83

jason83 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ok, since your human and obviously smarter then a chimp...Why don't you give us your forecast? The number of tropical storms, hurricanes, major hurricanes, landfalls, and major landfalls. Then compare them to the NHC's forecast and see how accurate pure chance is..compared to actual science. I highly doubt the NHC is injecting GW politics into their hurricane forecast but if you think they are then prove it.

6. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,775
    The NHC for the most part has kept itself out of the politics of AGW "theory". The group using monkeys is poking fun at all of the alarmists who pervert or ignore what the NHC says. An example of a NHC report that was ignored is below.

NHC Downplays Study On Global Warming & Storms - cbs3.com

7. jason83

jason83 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You used a conservative think tank article to call the NHC forecast basically the same as a monkey forecast. You know how the average conservative that reads that article is going to react. It was wrong when Al Gore did it with climatology, it is wrong here. Disenfranchising scientist for political gain is ridiculous. By the way I do understand your response and I agree that people misinterpret this forecast to gratify their doomsday theories. However the majority of the scientists that are involved with the NHC and the broader NOAA..are in the business of saving peoples lives.

8. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,775

Uhhhh, Jason,

You might wish to look at who initiated the thread....'cause...it wasn't me and if you would care to read my followup I said the NHC is actually keeping out of the whole mess for the most part. I actually like the NHC. I don't like the fraudsters who pervert what they say and that is who is being picked on.

NOAA on the other hand have been up to their eyeballs in the AGW fraud and have actively been deleting weather stations for years to perpetuate the fraud so NOAA needs a major airing out. Currently anything they publish about anything is suspect.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  9. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

What you say may be true. What definitely is true is that NOAA stopped predicting the number ofg hurricanes a few years back. Their track record in the immediate past prior to stopping their prediction was 50%.

Without their satelites, buoys, stations, scientists, models and expertise, they could have come up with the same results flipping a coin.

Valid science provides a platform for prediction. Climate science provides a platform for the Democrat Party.

10. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,674
    CO2 absorbs infra-red radiation.

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has been going up since the advent of the Industrial Revolution.

Therefore, if the trend continues, warming is inevitable.

If you can't find the flaw in this logical syllogism, Syllogism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , but still think AGW is a crock, then you're basing your opinion totally on politics and NOT the science, proving my point.