think obama got a warrant....

I don't like the Patriot Act, as it can be abused and violate constitutional rights of american citizens, but when you hear stories like this capturing terrorists, you can't help but think its done good. Not sure how I feel about this. Although using this type of thing for PREVENTING attacks would be more like it, but glad he was caught.

Problem for the mindless wingnuts here is that, once again, the Obama administration has acted swiftly and successfully. Our President is succeeding far beyond their worst fears.

Yeah, its seems these days its nothing but these stupid, petty bullshit. Looks like obama is kicking ass and taking names

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Army Intelligence Planes Led To Suspect's Arrest - wcbstv.com

just saying....
You don't need a warrant with probable cause.

wtf is wrong with you people?

Show where they had probable cause on the specific individual at that time... it is more likely that they were scanning for communications... hmm... kind of like we have done in intercepting wartime communications before...

actually you don't need a warrant at all under the FISA law.

and i don't like it now either. he shouldn't lower himself just to pacify rightwingnuts.

I thought you liberals didn't like the Patriot act?

i said that, didn't i? i said he shouldn't use the warrantless search provisions of FISA because there's no reason to and he shouldn't lower himself to pacify rightwingnuts.

didn't you read before you responded?

No I don't think you said that specifically, you may have implied it.

I guess what you're saying is they should have just let the terrorist get away because you don't like the law.

In the end, it was secret Army intelligence planes that did him in. Armed with his cell phone number, they circled the skies over the New York area, intercepting a call to Emirates Airlines reservations, before scrambling to catch him at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

just saying....

and i don't like it now either. he shouldn't lower himself just to pacify rightwingnuts.

That's largely because, like the stupid Clinton Administration, you persist in thinking of terrorists as mere "criminals" and the issue of "terrorism" as a criminal law enforcement issue.

Such bass-ackward thinking tends to lead you to your bass-ackward conclusions. Obviously.

i said that, didn't i? i said he shouldn't use the warrantless search provisions of FISA because there's no reason to and he shouldn't lower himself to pacify rightwingnuts.

Too funny. The Messiah used FISA in order to pacify rightwingnuts rather than to catch someone who tried to kill innocent Americans on a busy street. What idiocy.

just saying....

actually this isn't quite accurate either....
The Yale Law Journal Online - Leaving FISA Behind: The Need To Return to Warrantless Foreign Intelligence Surveillance

a)(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the
Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a
court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence
information
for periods of up to one year....

Once that year expires a warrant must be issued by the FISA Court. In Ted Kennedy's (D) original FISA law that HE AUTHORED once a U.S. citizen became involved there was a 72 hour requirement for a warrant....the Patriot Act did away with that time constraint and changed it to a year as long as one of the parties was a foreign entity.
50 U.S.C. § 1802 : US Code - Section 1802: Electronic surveillance authorization without court order; certification by Attorney General; reports to Congressional committees; transmittal under seal; duties and compensation of communication common car

Problem for the mindless wingnuts here is that, once again, the Obama administration has acted swiftly and successfully. Our President is succeeding far beyond their worst fears.

Speaking of mindless wingnuts.....

Obama didn't have jack shit to do with any of this...it was all law enforcement and provisions put in place years ago. Does Obama have the right to take credit for this? Of course...just like Bush had the right to take credit for his numerous successes in the War on Terror.

Thank goodness Obama stopped this guy before he drove a explosive ridden truck into somewhere like.... lets say.... Times Square and attempted to blow it up.

Cause if that had happened our only hope would then have been that the idiot was a bad bomb builder.

Thank goodness Obama stopped this guy before he drove a explosive ridden truck into somewhere like.... lets say.... Times Square and attempted to blow it up.

Cause if that had happened our only hope would then have been that the idiot was a bad bomb builder.

That and waiting 53 hours to board a plane out of the country.

leaving the VIN on the vehicle.

used his cell phone a couple of times.

....:eek:

Tapping phones is so counterproductive these days anyway. Any terrorist worth his salt knows to use a throw-away cell phone, not a landline or a cell phone that can be traced.

Tapping phones is so counterproductive these days anyway. Any terrorist worth his salt knows to use a throw-away cell phone, not a landline or a cell phone that can be traced.

Fact is Faisal Shahzad was using a disposable phone. Guess that blows your theory out of the water.

FYI: Cell phones can be traced, disposable or otherwise.

Fact is Faisal Shahzad was using a disposable phone. Guess that blows your theory out of the water.

FYI: Cell phones can be traced, disposable or otherwise.

Well I guess he didn't "dispose" of it very carefully, then. Obviously someone found it, which is the whole point of using one--hoping no one will.

yep, he passed that health care robbery shit,, gawd knows what else the idiot can do to us.

Hey Widdle Willyo, we have just began. But there is always Somalia, please close the door as you leave:lol::eusa_pray:

Terrific, Obama has decided to continue Bush's Illegal Wiretapping program against ordinary US citizens, it's not like we have 4th Amendment rights or anything, right?

just saying....

please cite the law that backs your supposition up...the US constitution says no warrant shall issue unless there is probable cause...i have not heard this theory that if you have probable cause you don't need a warrant....

No warrant was required. ALL cell phones routinely signal their locations. We had a hitch hiking murderer recently caught and detained 1000 miles away because his cell phone automatically placed him at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime.

If you own a cell phone it automatically reports it's locations all day long.

Forum List

Back