Things You Don’t Need to Put in the Fridge

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
GettyImages-1132708013-28776.jpg

Okay, another annoying Yahoo piece where you have to click on page after page.

But, it’s worth the time.

It will not only save your foods but your money.

Here are just a few highlight and I recommend you take the time to go through the whole thing.

Apples [I’ve always kept mine there]

Ketchup, mustard, soy sauce

Most tropical fruits and citrus fruits too, melons

Carrots, potatoes, unused onions, garlic, cucumbers, pickles, tomatoes[!]

Eggs

Honey, and preserves [Jams and Jelleys]

Hot sauces and chili peppers

Peanut butter

These and more w/explanations @ Foods That You Should Never Keep In The Refrigerator

And things to keep out of the microwave is @ 20 Things You Should Never Put In The Microwave

Yep, and my knowledge of that drives people that eat here crazy. After they leave I find the ketchup, or honey put in the fridge, if I had it out for any reason. Lol

Candy doesn't have to be in the refrigerator, but that is where I put mine because I think that it tastes better cold. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Candy doesn't have to be in the refrigerator, but that is where I put mine because I think that it tastes better cold. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Yep, and I like my fruits cold.

Last edited:
I tend to put about everything in the refrigerator

apart from cans and bottled things and cereal etc.... all that...and bananas lol

Anything that has a high vinegar/salt/sugar content is usually safe being left out.
I like to leave my fruits out but I will refrigerate berries. Though I think even they fare better on the counter. They will attract fruit flies though.

Forum List

Back